Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Systematic Racism in Girls Soccer - A Discussion for POC

*ATTENTION IF YOU ARE WHITE PLEASE JUST READ YOUR RESPONSES ARE NOT RELEVANT*

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create this thread in response to the recent rise of police shootings of unarmed black citizens here in our country. As we all know this is a big issue facing us and our daughters, but this is not the only racism within our country. Racism is deep rooted within our communities and I have even seen it on the soccer field. This thread is a safe space for people of color to talk about their experiences and even make friends throughout our struggle together! :)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create this thread in response to the recent rise of police shootings of unarmed black citizens here in our country. As we all know this is a big issue facing us and our daughters, but this is not the only racism within our country. Racism is deep rooted within our communities and I have even seen it on the soccer field. This thread is a safe space for people of color to talk about their experiences and even make friends throughout our struggle together! :)
    Not for anything, but your title is pretty racist. You are saying that a certain race’s comments are not relevant. How to you expect anything to get better? We are all in this together!

Comment

Not for anything, but your title is pretty racist. You are saying that a certain race’s comments are not relevant. How to you expect anything to get better? We are all in this together!
      Sadly, the word racism is being played out. The left uses it for every argument from food packaging to climate change minimizing and trivializing the true racism in this country. If you disagree with any position on the left you’re slapped with that label. Unfortunately the gravity of true racism is being lost by ignorant people who have no understanding of meaning behind it. This thread is the perfect example.

Comment

Hi everyone,

You know creating this thread is just as racist as when police officers use racial profiling on the streets. You assume that white people are prejudiced against people of color and you need to create a "safe space" against them here. The same way a police officer on the street assumes that a person of color poses a higher level of threat than a white person. There is no difference. If you want to end racism you just simply need to stop caring about ones race. Just as Morgan Freeman said. And you know ... he's colored so he probably fits in your "safe space" LOL Racial profiling is by the way as ancient as humanity and is just natural to humans. The problem is when people use it for their benefit like you. Somehow your racism is acceptable but others' isn't. Just think this through before you speak please!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X