Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have to accept it for what it is, a different game entirely. The USWNT was beat 8-2 by the US U17 Boys recently. That should give you an idea of how unrelated the games are. The speed of the game is not even close. That doesn't mean you cannot enjoy women's soccer but please don't for a moment compare it to the men's game.
    Did that game really take place? Link to a score or story?

Comment

That's an urban legend that's been floating on TS for years. The men should beat the women but it doesn't change the fact that the men suck at soccer and they are being developed at zero cost to the player.

Comment

I'm not the poster but I had heard the same score recently although I cannot remember where. I have seen a number of references to games between the USWNT and various top youth boys teams and the boys teams had won by several goal margins. I friend of mine from California actually watched a U17 ODP boys team beat the USWNT 5-0 but that was 5 or 6 years ago. Not really surprising, it all boils down to speed of play. These results are true in most sports. Take tennis, any top men's college player would beat any top 10 professional women player. Not sure that makes women's soccer less relevant to those that like it, which is basically girls and the parents of girls that play...

Don't even get me started on women's basketball...

Comment

Yeah it happened. I don't recall the score but the boys won. Here is a link to the IMG webpage. If I remember correctly one of the games was close but the boys won all the games. For PC reasons no scores were posted.

http://www.imgacademy.com/latest-hea...ns-img-academy

Comment

US vs Belgium put everyone I know to sleep, unless you are a goalie. Country the size of Maryland and the US looked like a rec team versus them. U20 and U23 Men are not any better to watch than the women so get used to the USWNT getting more press than the men.
            Hey we're all rooting for the USWNT (although being thoroughly out played by the Socceroos right now), but the US women were dominant during an era when other countries allocated no resources to women's soccer or didn't even think women should be playing soccer.

Now that a few countries are actually throwing some resources at their women's national teams our women aren't doing so hot are they? How many World Cups titles does Abbey have? How have they been doing at the Olympics? How about FIFA World Players of the Year?

The era when the US (paradoxically) was the only country that cared about women's soccer has passed. So let's not try to compare US men's lack of success where just about every country on Earth cares passionately about the game with the US women's (past) success when no other country on Earth gave a crap about women's soccer. Just the facts.

Comment

Yeah it happened. I don't recall the score but the boys won. Here is a link to the IMG webpage. If I remember correctly one of the games was close but the boys won all the games. For PC reasons no scores were posted.

http://www.imgacademy.com/latest-hea...ns-img-academy
              Thanks.

Comment

A couple of years ago
                http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...usmnt.1939180/
                They also lost to a couple of U17/U16 boys club teams in So Cal in the last couple of years
                USWNT is about the standard of a very good USSDA U16 academy team or the US BNT U15 team. Beyond this level the speed and physicality of the boys/mens game over 90 minutes is just too much for the womens' game.

Comment

A couple of years ago
                  http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...usmnt.1939180/
                  They also lost to a couple of U17/U16 boys club teams in So Cal in the last couple of years
                  USWNT is about the standard of a very good USSDA U16 academy team or the US BNT U15 team. Beyond this level the speed and physicality of the boys/mens game over 90 minutes is just too much for the womens' game.
                  Having said that just saw the USWNT in the opener vs AUS and Rapinoe played absolutely great, regardless of age or sex

Comment

You clearly did not watch the German women play yesterday. They were beautiful to watch and would summarily kick your ass on the field. Please.... Go back to your bar stool.....or have someone push yours in.
                    Yeah real beautiful, 10-0, hahhaha

Comment

Hey we're all rooting for the USWNT (although being thoroughly out played by the Socceroos right now), but the US women were dominant during an era when other countries allocated no resources to women's soccer or didn't even think women should be playing soccer.

Now that a few countries are actually throwing some resources at their women's national teams our women aren't doing so hot are they? How many World Cups titles does Abbey have? How have they been doing at the Olympics? How about FIFA World Players of the Year?

The era when the US (paradoxically) was the only country that cared about women's soccer has passed. So let's not try to compare US men's lack of success where just about every country on Earth cares passionately about the game with the US women's (past) success when no other country on Earth gave a crap about women's soccer. Just the facts.
                      Men with little dicks. Who needs you? insignficant in every way. And if the moderator had half a sack, they'd remove this thread, since there apparently isn't intelligent life here....

Comment

Men with little dicks. Who needs you? insignficant in every way. And if the moderator had half a sack, they'd remove this thread, since there apparently isn't intelligent life here....
                        Chill out Caitlyn.

Comment

Having said that just saw the USWNT in the opener vs AUS and Rapinoe played absolutely great, regardless of age or sex
                          She didn't look good at all early. Very selfish with the ball, held it to long, forced shots when there wasn't one. I'm ready for the old guard to be gone and bring in a real coach and young players. Too much talent in US to have these older players around.

Comment

I think the Cameroon /Ecuador game was entertaining!

Comment

She didn't look good at all early. Very selfish with the ball, held it to long, forced shots when there wasn't one. I'm ready for the old guard to be gone and bring in a real coach and young players. Too much talent in US to have these older players around.
                              Agreed. She kept sending wasted air balls to whom??? However, we can't take away the fact she scored two and assisted 1. I think she is really good but needs to control her passes on the ground.

Comment

Relax Butch--everyone here already knows you have no use for men and any size male member. Admit it you're like the rest of the soccer loving world and don't watch women's soccer for the sporting value of the games--no watching all those buzz cuts, flat chests, and thick thighs is a veritable meat market for you. No you watch to get all hot and bothered. Enjoy the rest of the world cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X