Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever wrote this is a genius

This is explaining Florida Premiers system of destroying other clubs and local clubs in another post but it is the best **** ever coming to a soccer field near you

It is deeper than that and you know that. There isn't a way that they are covering 100% of the costs of 18-20 kids. However, 50% of 10 kids - that can (and is) happening. 10 kids at say $2500, you cut $1,000 to $1,200 off of the billing per kid is only about $10,000 to $12,000 for the club. Not peanuts, but certainly easily absorbed considering their $2,200,000 in revenue in 2020.

And yes 100% FP did this since they were getting the extra ECNLr team. They had to quickly boost that 3rd team quality level since it isn't playing NPL or whatever anymore but ECNLr (not amazing, but much higher level). Had they not done this with 3 teams (the took part of the 2010, 2008, and 2006 teams) they would have struggled very heavily throughout the year. Now, they have 3 of the 6 ECNLr teams basically premade for around $30,000. They then can advertise to all the families - "We have 3 ECNL level teams come and play here and hopefully your will be found." Attaching more players for the 10 campuses.

That $30,000 not made is a one time, one year lack of revenue to materially hurt another club and promote yours at a time when they lost a league and you gained a league. It is worth it 100% and is being done. You can believe their lies all you want, it is being done for those kids in order to boost the club's value.

There is a reason their revenue grew from $689,000 in 2016 to $2,200,000 in 2020 (and likely much higher last year once those numbers are published). They are great business people and they understand how hurting local soccer overall helps their bottomline value.

If this is true then why wouldn’t someone bring this to the governing bodies at fysa and US Club

is this not a form of payment for players and poaching doesn’t anyone care

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      If this is true then why wouldn’t someone bring this to the governing bodies at fysa and US Club

ECNL handbook promotes recruiting and poaching. They just cannot play for two clubs in a season unless they are a DP.

Comment

ECNL handbook promotes recruiting and poaching. They just cannot play for two clubs in a season unless they are a DP.
        Do something about it or shut up about it

Comment

First - I have a son not a daughter so I don’t pretend to know anything about the girls side of things.

ECNL will do nothing. FP has 3 teams per age group with them and TBU has 1. ECNL is pissed at TBU for picking MLS next over them so there is zero chance of punishment.

Plus TBU does the same thing to the FP top guys to fill MLS next so it isn’t like they can complain much either.

ECNL has always carried a massive grudge. WFF is still paying for picking GA over ECNL years ago. There is zero chance their girls program gets any ECNL or ECNLr whiff anytime soon because of that decision so many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Soccer Dad View Post

First - I have a son not a daughter so I don’t pretend to know anything about the girls side of things.

ECNL will do nothing. FP has 3 teams per age group with them and TBU has 1. ECNL is pissed at TBU for picking MLS next over them so there is zero chance of punishment.

Plus TBU does the same thing to the FP top guys to fill MLS next so it isn’t like they can complain much either.

ECNL has always carried a massive grudge. WFF is still paying for picking GA over ECNL years ago. There is zero chance their girls program gets any ECNL or ECNLr whiff anytime soon because of that decision so many years ago.
            When TBU goes full USL Academy for a second division pro team on girls side - bye bye girls ECNL

Comment

Do something about it or shut up about it
              Such an insightful response.

Comment

When TBU goes full USL Academy for a second division pro team on girls side - bye bye girls ECNL
                TBU will have to recruit from outside for their USL academy. They just don't have any quality stand out players. 06 and older are out the door and hopefully get to play collegiately. But take a look at their grass roots and its pathetic. It all starts from above and can someone please tell me who the irritated derm queen has developed or made into a standout player? I will for that great response. The answer is no one. Everything that lady gets ahold of implodes by her poor decision making and evaluation of talent. Every single team has digressed under her watch. I guarantee you non of the current TBU directors will be part of the USL academy. If they bring in the MLS coaches there is a chance but not with the clowns that they have currently on the girls side.

Comment

This gets to the real issue which is MLS v ECNL. The clubs who picked MLS Next as their top boys team (TBU, OC) had their ECNL boys' teams taken away. ECNL then awarded TBU's competitor with more teams on the girls' side which makes it more difficult for TBU to compete. It seems the situation is being driven by ECNL with FP a willing beneficiary.

Comment

TBU will have to recruit from outside for their USL academy. They just don't have any quality stand out players. 06 and older are out the door and hopefully get to play collegiately. But take a look at their grass roots and its pathetic. It all starts from above and can someone please tell me who the irritated derm queen has developed or made into a standout player? I will for that great response. The answer is no one. Everything that lady gets ahold of implodes by her poor decision making and evaluation of talent. Every single team has digressed under her watch. I guarantee you non of the current TBU directors will be part of the USL academy. If they bring in the MLS coaches there is a chance but not with the clowns that they have currently on the girls side.
                    Please - no more Marko - can’t develop a Polaroid.

Comment

This gets to the real issue which is MLS v ECNL. The clubs who picked MLS Next as their top boys team (TBU, OC) had their ECNL boys' teams taken away. ECNL then awarded TBU's competitor with more teams on the girls' side which makes it more difficult for TBU to compete. It seems the situation is being driven by ECNL with FP a willing beneficiary.
                      Don't talk about real facts with a pissed TBUDAD... If any parents at TBU should be mad at someone, it's TBU, not FP. The leadership just watched as FP over the last few years turned into a juggernaut of a club.. They did nothing to stop it, watch coaches and players get picked off, and now they are suffering..

Comment

Of course we know whoever wrote it on the other thread is the same person posting that it is genius. lol. Plus, been debunked on the other thread... and yes, that debunking was by me. I don't need to pretend to be someone else posting the debunking as "genius"

This is explaining Florida Premiers system of destroying other clubs and local clubs in another post but it is the best **** ever coming to a soccer field near you

It is deeper than that and you know that. There isn't a way that they are covering 100% of the costs of 18-20 kids. However, 50% of 10 kids - that can (and is) happening. 10 kids at say $2500, you cut $1,000 to $1,200 off of the billing per kid is only about $10,000 to $12,000 for the club. Not peanuts, but certainly easily absorbed considering their $2,200,000 in revenue in 2020.

And yes 100% FP did this since they were getting the extra ECNLr team. They had to quickly boost that 3rd team quality level since it isn't playing NPL or whatever anymore but ECNLr (not amazing, but much higher level). Had they not done this with 3 teams (the took part of the 2010, 2008, and 2006 teams) they would have struggled very heavily throughout the year. Now, they have 3 of the 6 ECNLr teams basically premade for around $30,000. They then can advertise to all the families - "We have 3 ECNL level teams come and play here and hopefully your will be found." Attaching more players for the 10 campuses.

That $30,000 not made is a one time, one year lack of revenue to materially hurt another club and promote yours at a time when they lost a league and you gained a league. It is worth it 100% and is being done. You can believe their lies all you want, it is being done for those kids in order to boost the club's value.

There is a reason their revenue grew from $689,000 in 2016 to $2,200,000 in 2020 (and likely much higher last year once those numbers are published). They are great business people and they understand how hurting local soccer overall helps their bottomline value.

Comment

Of course we know whoever wrote it on the other thread is the same person posting that it is genius. lol. Plus, been debunked on the other thread... and yes, that debunking was by me. I don't need to pretend to be someone else posting the debunking as "genius"

Wasn’t me that made this thread.

You saying you debunked it isn’t actually debunking it. I know they offered these kids discounts. Believe it or not I don’t care. $30,000 is nothing for that club. You are making it out to be some massive sum of money over multiple years. Not the case.

My son plays MLS next so I don’t really care about the whole ECNL drama at FP. However soccer today sucks compared to when I played. There use to be 10+ clubs in Tampa and you would see tons of various teams. You grew up playing with the same teammates for years. If you aren’t MLS Next then your teammates are never the same year to year and friendships are year for year instead of lifetime.

So no FP isn’t “in my head” but I also do not like what they are doing to youth soccer in Tampa. Kids should be forming friendships that last a lifetime not changing teams every year. FP doesn’t care about any of that. Doesn’t care about anything other than the value of their club and how much they can drain from the parents. This years expansion is another example it. Accept it for a truth or not. Don’t care.

Comment

Your poor kid. I hate what this bogus MLS Next league has done to soccer. It pretends to the the old DA and affiliated with pro clubs but really it's just another league like ECNL except it denies kids the chance to play for pride and with their friends in school soccer. Club soccer should embrace school soccer. It teaches kids to play for each other. It's not pay to play. Kids actully get to play in front of crowds that aren't just mom and dad. Shame on TBU, WFF and CC for embracing this bogus league with this harmful restriction that is trying to harm school soccer. Talk about keeping kids away from playing with friends, making relationships and lifelong memories.... shame.

Oh, and you are still wrong about the 06 regional team. Not that you actually care.

You saying you debunked it isn’t actually debunking it. I know they offered these kids discounts. Believe it or not I don’t care. $30,000 is nothing for that club. You are making it out to be some massive sum of money over multiple years. Not the case.

My son plays MLS next so I don’t really care about the whole ECNL drama at FP. However soccer today sucks compared to when I played. There use to be 10+ clubs in Tampa and you would see tons of various teams. You grew up playing with the same teammates for years. If you aren’t MLS Next then your teammates are never the same year to year and friendships are year for year instead of lifetime.

So no FP isn’t “in my head” but I also do not like what they are doing to youth soccer in Tampa. Kids should be forming friendships that last a lifetime not changing teams every year. FP doesn’t care about any of that. Doesn’t care about anything other than the value of their club and how much they can drain from the parents. This years expansion is another example it. Accept it for a truth or not. Don’t care.

Comment

Honestly, all this stuff you complain about comes from VSI/WFF and TBU. Before them, there were all the local clubs and 1 DA at CC. Kids stayed put unless they made the DA, which was very selective. TBU grew out of a merger and so did VSI (later WFF) and they started trying to get in on the DA world to compete but only had the BS young ages. They got into the ECNL game and tried to market NPL as a big deal when it was new. They gobbled up fields, jacked up prices and recruited away all the non-DA worthy good players from Strictly, Largo, Rangers, West Pasco, Wesley Chapel, Plant City, Fishhawk and others. They started jacking up the rates on all these teams too. All those local clubs struggled with teams over the age of 13. All those friend groups would break up. So, if that stuff bugs you, you are at the wrong club since they pretty much invented the model. FP is just the newest to get in on the act. Perhaps you haven't been around soccer long enough to know this stuff.

QUOTE=Talking Soccer Dad;n4493027]

So no FP isn’t “in my head” but I also do not like what they are doing to youth soccer in Tampa. Kids should be forming friendships that last a lifetime not changing teams every year. FP doesn’t care about any of that. Doesn’t care about anything other than the value of their club and how much they can drain from the parents. This years expansion is another example it. Accept it for a truth or not. Don’t care. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X