Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the deal with id clinics for ECNL

What is the deal with id clinics prior to tryouts? Is the is the new way to shop around at clubs before actual tryouts?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    What is the deal with id clinics prior to tryouts? Is the is the new way to shop around at clubs before actual tryouts?
    US Club Soccer is over ECNL - not FYSA - so rules for FYSA don’t apply to ECNL tryouts.

But don’t go into it thinking no spots have already been offered either, cause they have.

Comment

If spots haven't been offered, then the coaches aren't doing their jobs of evaluating the returning talent and their local opponents when they play. It would be malpractice to not have a list of 20 or so known players going in that are either guaranteed spots or spots to be offered if nobody better shows up.

US Club Soccer is over ECNL - not FYSA - so rules for FYSA don’t apply to ECNL tryouts.

But don’t go into it thinking no spots have already been offered either, cause they have.

Comment

You got it right. Its about having the first pick of the litter

Comment

You got it right. Its about having the first pick of the litter
          What ever happened to development. All we try to do is build teams to win games. There is no relegation in ecnl so why does it matter. Start developing kids!!! All of you miss the point in this state. I guess the answer is no one in this state knows how to develop. So just kick and run like maniacs. This why I don’t see any Florida players go anywhere after their youth soccer. It’s a massive money scam for these clubs.

Comment

What ever happened to development. All we try to do is build teams to win games. There is no relegation in ecnl so why does it matter. Start developing kids!!! All of you miss the point in this state. I guess the answer is no one in this state knows how to develop. So just kick and run like maniacs. This why I don’t see any Florida players go anywhere after their youth soccer. It’s a massive money scam for these clubs.
            Well said and now crickets.

Comment

I disagree that competitive tryouts are not compatible with development. Development comes from what is done in training and, hopefully at the younger ages, what is done in games. At the older ages, you develop in training and you play to win (because learning to win is important too). You develop best when you are playing at the best level for you. Surrounding your strongest players with other strong players by properly selecting a team at tryouts is a good thing. And placing a kid at their most appropriate level is also a good thing (even if the kid or parent doesn't agree). A club should have competition for playing time within a squad and competition for roster spots from the teams below and the outside if they are doing things correctly.

Comment

I disagree that competitive tryouts are not compatible with development. Development comes from what is done in training and, hopefully at the younger ages, what is done in games. At the older ages, you develop in training and you play to win (because learning to win is important too). You develop best when you are playing at the best level for you. Surrounding your strongest players with other strong players by properly selecting a team at tryouts is a good thing. And placing a kid at their most appropriate level is also a good thing (even if the kid or parent doesn't agree). A club should have competition for playing time within a squad and competition for roster spots from the teams below and the outside if they are doing things correctly.
                I think what they meant was clubs don’t necessarily develop their own players anymore. They take the cheap way out for the possibility of a quick result, which is most likely going from losing a bunch of games to maybe winning or at least competing more. These events are nothing more than one club’s attempt to take other club’s players that could be better than said club’s current players and hoping to get an instant improvement to their current team at the expense of the players that they couldn’t develop themselves. Why do the work yourself when someone else has done it for you if you can get those players to commit to your team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X