Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLS Next Orlando area

My son is a top level player and wants to play MLS Next when are the tryouts and what is better Orlando City or Rush he will be a u19

He isn't making the team....

Comment

OC has 3 MLSN teams - Seminole, South and then legit academy team. Two are pretenders and one is the real deal. The academy team doesn't have tryouts, invite only. The other OC teams are probably having tryouts now.

Comment

Best of luck to your son.
        Rush and OC Seminole have ID sessions the same night, April 14. Look at their respective websites or social media for details.
        At u19 OC South isn’t an option.
        Osceola has the fully funded academy teams and yes they are invite only.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          My son is a top level player and wants to play MLS Next when are the tryouts and what is better Orlando City or Rush he will be a u19
          Sorry to say this but coming into an area as U19 is going to be rough. The MLS academy down in Osceola is the real academy associated with the pro MLS team, but like posters have said those tryouts are invitation only or if you really have connections. Are you moving to this area or have you lived here? What team did he play on before? If you are coming from another program does that coaching staff have any connections or recommendations?

If you are not going to play down with the real academy, then you have three top notch choices in the Orlando Area. You could either tryout for Rush and Orlando Soccer School in Seminole to try and get on one of their MLS next teams. Or you could tryout at FKK for the ECNL team. Those are probably the best teams that play consistent high level competition. Don't be fooled by MLS Next and think that is the best level. The level of competition is good and consistent but the league is new and still trying to establish their identity. ECNL is a good option because the competition is good maybe just a tad below the MLS when you look at the league as a whole, but the program is more established across the country. The ECNL program has been around for over 10 years for the girls and the boys I think are around 7 years. They have worked out a lot of the kinks at this point.

As far as teams in this area I would stick with the three I mentioned or maybe even Ideasport out at Disney. So, I am assuming your son is currently a U17 player. The MLS Next teams currently Orlando is 3rd and Rush is 8th in the Florida Division. The FKK team is currently in 1st for the Florida ECNL division. I am not sure where Ideasport play.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

As far as teams in this area I would stick with the three I mentioned or maybe even Ideasport out at Disney. So, I am assuming your son is currently a U17 player. The MLS Next teams currently Orlando is 3rd and Rush is 8th in the Florida Division. The FKK team is currently in 1st for the Florida ECNL division. I am not sure where Ideasport play.
            Orlando MLS Next is your better option over Rush.
            FKK ecnl in first only because of OC academy players that came over, strong coaching a question at that age group there. Good luck.

Comment

Orlando City vs Inter Miami MLS Pro

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X