Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you fix at your club if you could?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

You don't know what American want. You barely speak English. I will explain to you what American want. First and foremost American will want their kid on a winning team. Second, American will want their child's on a team that is the envy of the town. Third, American will pay whatever, to be on a winning team that other parents are jealous of. But here is the problem. Soccer clubs cannot deliver. That is why the talent moves around. The entire system is broken. It's not only the soccer club, it's the soccer culture in America.
    Soccer clubs deliver to morons like you! That’s why they are still around.

Comment

Soccer clubs deliver to morons like you! That’s why they are still around.
      Poster described exactly why US youth soccer sucks, or at least part of it - the obsession with results. Parents who never played the sport (which is most) don't know what good coaching is so they think being a top team means the coach is good at their job. The poster certainly doesn't sound like a happy participant. We all wish for better, but as parents only have so much time in the system. We're all doing our best to navigate the swamp for our kids. I can't fix everything that ails the system, but can chose to leave clubs that are a poor fit for my kids or are failing to deliver. Unfortunately there's usually some other new family happy to fill the slot after we leave. That is why few clubs are incentivized to improve. There's always fresh meet for the grinder

Comment

Poster described exactly why US youth soccer sucks, or at least part of it - the obsession with results. Parents who never played the sport (which is most) don't know what good coaching is so they think being a top team means the coach is good at their job. The poster certainly doesn't sound like a happy participant. We all wish for better, but as parents only have so much time in the system. We're all doing our best to navigate the swamp for our kids. I can't fix everything that ails the system, but can chose to leave clubs that are a poor fit for my kids or are failing to deliver. Unfortunately there's usually some other new family happy to fill the slot after we leave. That is why few clubs are incentivized to improve. There's always fresh meet for the grinder
        merging clubs for profit...fire the BOOB, SEAN.

Comment

Being forced into buying your stupid merch for breast cancer or whatever BS charity it is this time. We know you’re not contributing ****. It’s just another money grab to fleece the parents.

Comment

great rid of daddy ball

Comment

I would fire DOC, executive directors, and any high payrolls. Use this money to hire better educators to teach the game for kids.

Comment

Being forced into buying your stupid merch for breast cancer or whatever BS charity it is this time. We know you’re not contributing ****. It’s just another money grab to fleece the parents.
                OMG YES!! C'mon man!! What a blatant money grab by these clubs.

Comment

Weston Select should not call themselves a soccer program, but actually a day care service.

why the hate for select? they at least make multiple teams for age groups and put them in the correct level of league and tournament play (bronze/level 3) . the best kids end up leaving for more hardcore teams sure, but its a good low level experience

Comment

My clun is afraid of a hurricane. The parents are afraid of a hurricane. I bet they are all liberal

Comment

I feel like the coaches are often threatening the girls that if they don't perform to this and that level then they are going to be replaced. Ok, fine. If that is your club philosophy, then hold the coaches to that too. Find some metrics to gauge how the coaches are doing, and make it transparent. If coaches are putting teenage girls under that kind of pressure, surely they should be able to handle it.

Comment

Why do you hate cancer patients? Why is bad to teach kids to help others?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X