Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Soccer Rankings

I’m not sure if you used YouthSoccerRankings.com in the past, but it was a really good site that was shut down several months ago. It pulls from multiple resources and tracks across age levels. The guy who originally started the site has released an app that is getting close to the original.

You can check it out by searching for "Soccer Rankings" on either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. It’s green & has a soccer ball and Mark Lewis is the name of the developer. As with most it’s not 100% accurate, but the more it’s used and errors corrected the smarter it will get.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I’m not sure if you used YouthSoccerRankings.com in the past, but it was a really good site that was shut down several months ago. It pulls from multiple resources and tracks across age levels. The guy who originally started the site has released an app that is getting close to the original.

You can check it out by searching for "Soccer Rankings" on either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. It’s green & has a soccer ball and Mark Lewis is the name of the developer. As with most it’s not 100% accurate, but the more it’s used and errors corrected the smarter it will get.
    Still not on Google Play Store? Not seeing it.

Comment

The former site was exceptional as it was very accurate and had predictive goal differential ability. I heard MLS somehow got hacked off and worked to get it shut down. Not sure if they didn’t like how their MLS Next teams were ranked—albeit probably accurate.

i just downloaded the app. Not even close to being accurate in my opinion. I’d recommend the developer(s) share their algorithm to add credibility. Also, who cares about rankings with no relative scaling.

Comment

The former site was exceptional as it was very accurate and had predictive goal differential ability. I heard MLS somehow got hacked off and worked to get it shut down. Not sure if they didn’t like how their MLS Next teams were ranked—albeit probably accurate.

i just downloaded the app. Not even close to being accurate in my opinion. I’d recommend the developer(s) share their algorithm to add credibility. Also, who cares about rankings with no relative scaling.
        If anyone has paid to upgrade from the free app, is it like the original version, and does it pull scores from the top leagues?

Comment

If anyone has paid to upgrade from the free app, is it like the original version, and does it pull scores from the top leagues?
          yes, it does, and all leagues are included, and it is the same as YSR. It is accurate based on the teams and leagues I see and know.

Comment

yes, it does, and all leagues are included, and it is the same as YSR. It is accurate based on the teams and leagues I see and know.
            Absolutely disagree. Saw two teams in U13G that would be competitive, but site shows them 10 points apart. Also, many, many common teams are missing.

Comment

Would be nice to have all the leagues/tournaments participate in reporting. You would think that, after a while, the accuracy would generally improve. Until then, it's not ripe.

Comment

Anyone know when the app for Android is coming out?

Comment

Here is the Android version on the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SoccerRankings

It appears to have been up for awhile, but for some reason it hasn't shown well while searching. (Insert ironic comment about Google messing up a search feature)

Comment

Here is the Android version on the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SoccerRankings

It appears to have been up for awhile, but for some reason it hasn't shown well while searching. (Insert ironic comment about Google messing up a search feature)
                    Suspect this is going to flop. Teams and rankings not up to date. You can't see any game results unless you pay for upgraded version. Creates a chicken and egg problem. Wo wants to pay for results that aren't updated? Game results often got sent in or corrected by the users, so with fewer users they will not get updated as quickly, and not enough to make it worthwhile.

Comment

They are updating this constantly and the rankings are accurate based on what I know about u14 and U15 boys teams. It may or may not succeed but it is as good as YSR, probably better.

Comment

They are updating this constantly and the rankings are accurate based on what I know about u14 and U15 boys teams. It may or may not succeed but it is as good as YSR, probably better.
                        You clearly are affiliated with this site/app. It couldn’t be more bad right now. If you think it’s so good answer 3 things:

1. Provide the algorithm on how the rankings are computed?
                        2. Why are there teams who have been competitive with each other separated by very large point differentials in your system?
                        3. Why are so many teams missing who are very active teams and/or you’ve got them labeled as names they had many years ago?

This site is either extremely immature now or it’s a scam to buy the upgrade.

Comment

If someone from each team spends 5 minutes cleaning up the source links, it will be totally up to speed and accurate. Otherwise, it will take 10 games +/- for the outdated or non-existent teams to start to fall off the list.

The site scrapes scores from the league websites. It has no idea if last year your team happened to be named "Soccer Stars Elite Black"and this year the same group of players is "Soccer Stars Elite Black NPL2". Someone who knows that needs to combine the source links.

Last season our team was registered with 3 different names depending on the league with a fourth name this season - we showed up in the ranks separately for each team name. I combined the links in the most recent team and everything consolidated.

Comment

If someone from each team spends 5 minutes cleaning up the source links, it will be totally up to speed and accurate. Otherwise, it will take 10 games +/- for the outdated or non-existent teams to start to fall off the list.

The site scrapes scores from the league websites. It has no idea if last year your team happened to be named "Soccer Stars Elite Black"and this year the same group of players is "Soccer Stars Elite Black NPL2". Someone who knows that needs to combine the source links.

Last season our team was registered with 3 different names depending on the league with a fourth name this season - we showed up in the ranks separately for each team name. I combined the links in the most recent team and everything consolidated.
                            Bad site. Try again with your rationalization and/scam.

The source links are correct. They were correct enough for the former site.

some of the bad team names are from “many, many” years ago, so how can the site be pulling from current or even the last few year’s leagues/scores?

Comment

Relying on users to "clean up" your site?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X