Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCSSS-Seminole

Son offered MLSN spot on U17 and has been told he could see playing time at U19. I did see a lot of hate towards this club(we are new to the area, moved from south Georgia) is just normal haters or any real concerns over there? Running out of time to make a choice. How are the coaches, that is all the really matters anyways.

what position

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Son offered MLSN spot on U17 and has been told he could see playing time at U19. I did see a lot of hate towards this club(we are new to the area, moved from south Georgia) is just normal haters or any real concerns over there? Running out of time to make a choice. How are the coaches, that is all the really matters anyways.
      Some of the complaints about the club are from your typical normal haters, but some of it is legit for sure. It really depends on what you want your experience to be like at the club. What is the highest level your son played in Georgia? Does your kid want to play HS? Because at the MLSN level you can't or at least you are not supposed to be able to play. Some kids did both last year. Have you been to a training session, if they have had any? Is your son going to play in college? Personally, I like the U19 coach. He is tough but in my experience has always been fair. Not sure about the U17 coach.

Look the bottom line is all clubs have their issues. Personally, I think this club is going through some growing pains. It has good qualities and not so good qualities. For example, if you want help getting your kid recruited for college then this is not your club. They don't really have a good track record on the boys side. You will get exposure by just playing in the MLSN, the problem is the team is just average and good even limit that exposure as compared to other MLSN clubs. A lot depends where you are living because there are good clubs all around. Florida Rush has an MLSN team, Florida Kraze Krush and Space Coast (Brevard County) have ECNL. There are also a couple of clubs up in the Jacksonville area.

Comment

I can only comment on the girls side, but I have also read a lot of the comments on here with people hating on OCSS. We moved from another central Florida club where we had spent the previous three years and I have found OCSS to be great and big improvement over the former club. They have been extremely organized and well-run and the coaching and training has been great. They have already offered more training opportunities, including training by college coaches, than we had in the past. They have also done a great job keeping families updated.

I will say, the facilities leave a little to be desired. They seem to be constantly flooded which may just be due to the time of year, but the drainage does not seem to be great. There are also no lights on the fields my daughter practices on so they have practice early and apparently they will practice at a different facility during the winter months.

Comment

they hate us cause they ain't us

Comment

It is mls next highest level in region. Of course they are second tier to the real mls academy. Benefit is at u17 you will play against those teams. Downside is no high school soccer. I would choose either orlando mls next program over any other

Comment

Their MLSN program is their top level for the boys, it is unfortunately also the poorest run at the club. They had good talent, that is not the issue at least while I was there. Did they have the Top talent in the area, no, but they did have the talent to compete. They have had good coaches there but all have either left due to low pay, politics, or switched to the girl's side because they were frustrated or tired of working in the environment that was created on the boy's side. How it will be this season is unknown, my opinion is all long as two particular men are running that program, it will not get better due to their poor decision-making and cancerous behavior. If I had a son playing at that level and at that age, I would send him to FKK. If you think your son MUST play MLSN, then you have very few options.
              This is just an opinion of a former coach @ OCSSS.

Comment

If you are on the general teams, it is okay at Seminole. If you are trying for the MLSN team, then you will have to deal with one of the worst coaches in the state, I do believe they actually gave him a promotion too! LOL
                I do not know if you signed up yet but if you haven't and want to play at that level, go to FKK. Our 2nd season there after leaving Seminole and it has been amazing and the coaches are good and help each player to advance to the next stage at college.

Comment

I had a son play @ Seminole and he had the coach in question or at least who I think they are talking about(LN). Is he a good coach, No. Does he play favourtism and play his players over better players or teammates, YES(this was so frustrating to see and watch at this level). Does this make him a bad person, NO. Is the badge worth it at that age? I don't believe it is for what we paid for but that is why we left and went to a different club. Yes it hurt losing a year under this coach and club, by the way do not get me started on the front office who couldn't get our son's paperwork in order for half the season. Then they lied and tried to blame it on other parties instead of accepting the responsibility. Would we recommend this club, NO, not at all. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CLUB.

Comment

The only good club in Orlando is IdeaSport. They have sent more players pro than any club here and still continue to operate lowkey and just doing their thing.

Comment

Seminole is a dumpster fire, I would expect if they lose that badge of the Lion that they would fold shortly after due to the way it is operated. I have lost a lot of respect for the likes of PS.

Comment

Seminole is a dumpster fire, I would expect if they lose that badge of the Lion that they would fold shortly after due to the way it is operated. I have lost a lot of respect for the likes of PS.
                        You don't know dumpster fire until you played at Rush, trust us!

Comment

We spent two seasons at IdeaSport after they promised us they would have boys MLSN for the U15 and U17 side, well our son is now U19 and they still never brought in the MLSN side like they promised. So yeah, don't trust EF or the coaches there. They are the dumpster fire in Orlando!!

Comment

I'm a parent that has two kids that play against the MLS Next teams from Orlando and I'm not sure what makes Seminole different from South but South seems to have the better teams. Obviously, I have no idea what happens day to day, but that is my feeling of game play. If I were to choose the best overall style of play in Orlando, the FL Rush teams seem to play good soccer, they might not always win.

Comment

Our son was invited out and we spent a couple of days with LN and running in training. All was good. Then just as a side discussion, we heard two dads talking and laughing about how well-behaved LN was since they had a few new kids trying out. My husband suggested we showed probably just show up and watch when our son was not participating because even if it was a joke, there always tends to be some truth to it. Oh my!! I work in the medical profession and my thoughts walking away that day was," Is this guy Bipolar?" Does anyone know? He might need to adjust his dosages to help him cope better, especially during stressful or frustrating moments. We hope someone close to him has noticed this as well and spoken to him about it instead of just laughing at him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X