Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to quit another club team again

I hate club soccer... coaches never see my son as the true striker or Center Attacking mid. They always want play him at Wing or even worse a defender. We have spent $1000's on private lessons etc How will my son ever play at Notre Dame and in the premier league if the coaches put him in these loser positions. By the way we are playing u8 for second year in a row. my son will be 7 in December... Looking for a path to the pros in central florida what is best club?

To be fair, if a coach is playing you player as a defender at a young age it usually means they trust them. Most players that have limited skill play up top at a young age. The reason being is there is more room for error. I know this is a troll post but maybe a parent will read this and understand a bit more. Defense and midfield is a compliment for young athletes. If they cant play those positions first well they wont be able to play soccer at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I hate club soccer... coaches never see my son as the true striker or Center Attacking mid. They always want play him at Wing or even worse a defender. We have spent $1000's on private lessons etc How will my son ever play at Notre Dame and in the premier league if the coaches put him in these loser positions. By the way we are playing u8 for second year in a row. my son will be 7 in December... Looking for a path to the pros in central florida what is best club?
      Troll…and a terrible one at that.

Comment

To be fair, if a coach is playing you player as a defender at a young age it usually means they trust them. Most players that have limited skill play up top at a young age. The reason being is there is more room for error. I know this is a troll post but maybe a parent will read this and understand a bit more. Defense and midfield is a compliment for young athletes. If they cant play those positions first well they wont be able to play soccer at a high level.
        You are so right . My son played center back as a young player u9 . Me not knowing much always wondered why because he was very skillful with his feet . Coach said he loved him as center back because he has a great understanding of the game and is a great passer and stay calm . He’s now 16 and plays anywhere from cm , left wing or striker at high level .

Comment

The answer is yes. Quit your club team. Because if you are spending 1000s on private lessons and your kid has not already been identified and playing internationally by age 7, there is no hope for their soccer career and the trainers are just laughing at you while taking your money. Buy your kid an oboe or a trumpet and pray they are good enough to make the marching band. Idiot. Lol.

Comment

Drop your kid to a lower level team. All mls and ecnl players have private trainers that get the job done..: so either you are hiring crappy trainers..: or your kid does not have the athletic ability that an elite team looks for. Have your kid play FSPL or sunshine conference. Those are the outlets for kids that just don’t have what it takes to play pro soccer

Comment

Good response. I know it is a troll too but we have seen way too many dads/moms ruin their kid's experience trying to push them to be the next big thing. Just enjoy it.

Comment

Good response. I know it is a troll too but we have seen way too many dads/moms ruin their kid's experience trying to push them to be the next big thing. Just enjoy it.
                Rec soccer is very good for kids. Right around 11 years old is when club soccer goes to hell. 11 years old is when the pre academy bs starts. By 13 youth soccer has turn into a dog and pony show. This is when the clubs starts feeding the hit steaming pile of crap called leagues.

Comment

I can't believe anyone responded with legit answers to this stupid azz troll thread

Comment

I can't believe anyone responded with legit answers to this stupid azz troll thread
                    We are trolling the troll. Can't believe you don't get it.

Comment

Agreed, good comment and thanks

Comment

The answer is yes. Quit your club team. Because if you are spending 1000s on private lessons and your kid has not already been identified and playing internationally by age 7, there is no hope for their soccer career and the trainers are just laughing at you while taking your money. Buy your kid an oboe or a trumpet and pray they are good enough to make the marching band. Idiot. Lol.
                        Based upon your advice I wrote the club director an email today advising how dissapointed we were that he and the club had failed us.

Comment

Based upon your advice I wrote the club director an email today advising how dissapointed we were that he and the club had failed us.
                          The club director printed your email and wipe his azz with it.

Comment

Despite all of your advice I told the coach to F off and am joining lake Nona soccer academy. I love the passion and they promised my son he would be their focal striker!

Comment

I thought your son was an 05 goalie.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X