•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid Social Media Drills

Interesting take from a coach I work with who's coached with the LA Galaxy:

https://blayze.io/blog/avoid-generic...occer-training

Crap article with tons of generalization about “social media training” with very little specifics until the very end. It then goes on to outline several extreme and obvious examples of poor programing….

1) use of catchy advanced moves before a player masters basics of dribbling and ball control (wow…that’s some serious insight. You have to walk before you can run?)

2) excessive use of hurdles / ladders / fitness and strength moves (push ups)….whatever, this is definitely not the best use of a players time that needs to develop ball mastery, but it’s far from a total waste of time. Any time an athlete is moving quickly and intensely it is a positive. Agility training is never bad.
    3)encouragement of buying “fancy and expensive equipment”…..no kidding? Like the average consumer isn’t savvy enough about internet scams at this point? Is the Nigerian Prince now doing soccer programming on Insta?

•••••most important…. Hire a professional trainer and pay them lots of cash for individualized personal training cause only they know how to teach your kid to trap a ball, juggle, pass, and shoot.

Comment

Disagree with that. I see lots of people sifting through social media drills and picking up bad habits on the field. For #2 - It's light years better to simply. be out on the field doing practical skills, so you just kind of proved the point of this article... Most of what you've outlined is exactly the type of stuff that distracts from the game itself. See this attitude a lot, hence why I thought this article really hit the mark.

And honestly, even if you do disagree - what really is the point is chastising someone just trying to be helpful. C'mon now.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Disagree with that. I see lots of people sifting through social media drills and picking up bad habits on the field. For #2 - It's light years better to simply. be out on the field doing practical skills, so you just kind of proved the point of this article... Most of what you've outlined is exactly the type of stuff that distracts from the game itself. See this attitude a lot, hence why I thought this article really hit the mark.

And honestly, even if you do disagree - what really is the point is chastising someone just trying to be helpful. C'mon now.
        Nah..:I’m making fun of an article written by a coach only protecting his private training $$$$ by only highlighting extreme examples of negative programing, while neglecting to highlight the numerous examples of great programing that are free and beneficial.

I’m curios….what bad habits have you personally, anecdotally, seen developed by players doing unsupervised training, and ball skills?

In your opinion, are players better off on Tic Tok and snap vs. juggling and training 2 cone drills?

Are gains only made by touching a ball with a certified, paid trainer watching?

Are trainers more plentiful and cheaper in Central and South America leading to superior technical ability and creativity?

Do you even realize how stupid you sound by discouraging individual self reliant training and development?

Comment

It's funny how you insist that you're not chastising me, then go right on to more personal attacks. I truly hope you resolve whatever's going on in your personal life that makes you feel like this kind of behavior is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            It's funny how you insist that you're not chastising me, then go right on to more personal attacks. I truly hope you resolve whatever's going on in your personal life that makes you feel like this kind of behavior is acceptable.
            personal attacks? Lighten up Francis.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X