Florida United B
    PBG B
    IMG B
    Sting A
    Pinecrest A
    Azzuri A
    Cape Coral A
    Liverpool A

With virtual no college commitments this year and mandatory showcases with no colleges.

Is DPL really any good?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    WFF B
    USA B
    Florida United B
    PBG B
    IMG B
    Sting A
    Pinecrest A
    Azzuri A
    Cape Coral A
    Liverpool A

With virtual no college commitments this year and mandatory showcases with no colleges.

Is DPL really any good?
    Horrible soccer. No it is not any good. The National Showcase in Palm Beach Gardens, I didnt see 1 college coach. There is extremely little or no talent in DPL. I mean really, if HS aged and all they can play is DPL, I doubt any decent college would want them. Maybe some D3s for the 'elite' DPL player.

Comment

Horrible soccer. No it is not any good. The National Showcase in Palm Beach Gardens, I didnt see 1 college coach. There is extremely little or no talent in DPL. I mean really, if HS aged and all they can play is DPL, I doubt any decent college would want them. Maybe some D3s for the 'elite' DPL player.
      Wow you are angry. Sounds like you just need to move to ECNL-R

Comment

Wow you are angry. Sounds like you just need to move to ECNL-R
        If you want to call, facts observed, as angry, then so be it. Watch a DPL game, then watch an ECNL or even a GA game. If you cant tell the difference, then I feel sorry for you. At best DPL is the 4th best league and the talent shows that well. ECNL/GA/ECRL then DPL.

Comment

This isn't controversial. I figured this was pretty much universally accepted. You can reasonably argue GA vs ECNL in some regions, but that's about it.

If you want to call, facts observed, as angry, then so be it. Watch a DPL game, then watch an ECNL or even a GA game. If you cant tell the difference, then I feel sorry for you. At best DPL is the 4th best league and the talent shows that well. ECNL/GA/ECRL then DPL.

Comment

My daughter made a DPL team and I was curious so I searched the teams. It seemed lower level then what I expected. So i asked the question.

Comment

My daughter made a DPL team and I was curious so I searched the teams. It seemed lower level then what I expected. So i asked the question.
              It’s like anything else, a good DPL team can beat a mid to lower ECNL, GA team and maybe have a shot at beating a top ECNLR team and that’s because the top teams in the ECNL & GA are usually from out of state.

Comment

Your observations are correct. I would go ECRL long before DPL if possible. My observations of DPL were 2 age groups this past year and both were pretty consistently bad so we left it behind. The only Florida DPL team I thought much of was Sunrise. No my kid hasnt ever played there and wont, dont live near, dont know much about them and whatever issues I'm sure someone on here will tell us about. A couple of the age groups I saw, they were athletic and technical. They seemed to be the exception to the DPL rule.

Comment

It’s like anything else, a good DPL team can beat a mid to lower ECNL, GA team and maybe have a shot at beating a top ECNLR team and that’s because the top teams in the ECNL & GA are usually from out of state.
                  I'm not sure what age group you're looking at to come to this conclusion, but in my kid's age group a DPL team wouldn't come remotely close to beating an ECNL team. The lower RL teams? yes.

Comment

DPL is just another league like ECNL R for those parents that love tge patch. It is for the crazy ego maniac soccer Moms to get wet by telling all thier friends and family how their little superstar plays in a special league because she is really good.

Comment

I'm not sure what age group you're looking at to come to this conclusion, but in my kid's age group a DPL team wouldn't come remotely close to beating an ECNL team. The lower RL teams? yes.
                      and what age group is that? Because the bottom ECNL teams are not Elite to other top teams out there that might not have the luxury of playing for ECNL due to location incl DPL

Comment

DPL is just another league like ECNL R for those parents that love tge patch. It is for the crazy ego maniac soccer Moms to get wet by telling all thier friends and family how their little superstar plays in a special league because she is really good.
                        All these leagues are location driven except for the dedicated few who are willing to make that sacrifice and drive. If a club only has access to DPL then their best girls would play on that team. If they obtained GA then those same girls would move up to the GA and maybe adding a few outside players. Same with the ECNLR, if a club gets ECNL then their ECNLR players move up adding some outside players. Their are only a finite group of players in each City and Town in Florida. Only some can field 2 elite teams in various age groups but it’s difficult. So there is a possibility that a club who doesn’t have any of these “leagues” in their geographical location and maybe parents feel nothing is worth the travel can field a pretty good team in their location. Will they play top talent, probably not unless they can into some showcases but can they compete with the bottom dwellers at the elite teams , absolutely

Comment

I have little experience with DPL teams but I can tell you for sure that Sunshine Academy League and Sunshine Conference teams (that I have seen) are worse then ECNL RL teams so don't even bother looking for competition in the FYSA space.

Comment

The best league - only U11/U12 right now - is Florida Girls Academy League.

It is the best of "both worlds" before the hard core siloing that happens at U13+.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X