Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FKK lack of games on schedule

My kid is new to club soccer. We landed on FKK due to proximity. The team is in the FCL, but it seems like the only other club in the whole league is Florida Elite. The coach was trying to say some covid BS excuse, but I see all the other clubs playing. We’ve managed to have 2 games to date and no other scheduled games. Another parent said this had to due with a feud with the other central Florida clubs. Anyone have any scoop on why the hell FKK isn’t playing league games? Feel free to bash FKK all you want, because we aren’t getting what was sold to us and everyone I know is frustrated.

Florida Elite, FKK, and Tampa Bay United are tied at the hip. They forced this "FCL" as a powerplay right after covid. So, the other clubs, to hit back, have decided to jump to EDP which is a league run by guys from Jersey. That's why you have so few variations of teams.

Comment

Paging HM. Office staff is not that good and seems to care very little about the membership. Seems girls side seems to gets more attention.

Comment

If my kid plays in FESA can I jump to Clay in the spring so we can get more games with EDP.

Comment

It is a money grab by our club and HM. It is awful and on the boys side they are having to play in two or three different leagues now to try and get games. It's a dumpster fire and FKK really screwed this up, I am disappointed in a club we have spent so much time at throughout the years and having three kids all play there. We most likely won't return next season, we will see after we all calm down but I doubt we will let our youngest finish up at the club his two older siblings played at their entire club years. I know this feeling is inline with a lot of parents in our age group at all team color levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            If my kid plays in FESA can I jump to Clay in the spring so we can get more games with EDP.
            You can do whatever you want.

Comment

Oh lord don't get me started about this years schedule and the way our leadership at the club has screwed us parents and the kids. I am so steamed, it is by far the biggest $$ grab by leadership and so blatant and in the face of us all. They straight up told our coach we had to play in this BS league because it will help HM, so here we are playing in 3 different leagues now and running from one side of the state to the other every Saturday and Sunday. Space Coast, TBU, FESA and then FP. This is for 8 and 9 year olds!!!

Comment

I highly doubt it's all a $$ grab, just a issue HM should have addressed. Wonder if this would have happened with his girls teams?

Comment

The boy's side is a joke. Bad selection, Terrible development, c/d coaches

Comment

I highly doubt it's all a $$ grab, just a issue HM should have addressed. Wonder if this would have happened with his girls teams?
                    Open your eyes, HM is all about the $$$. We didn't think that when our daughter played there but now since our son has started we have seen a different side of the club. We get nickeled and dimed at every opportunity and they constantly are trying to push third party vendors or products at us all the time. We play in different leagues just to get games in every weekend and we don't even have good training or game fields anymore, has anybody else noticed how central winds and shane kelly are now. They are easily some of the worst fields in Orlando.

Comment

Definitely a money grab club. Yes, those fields are so bad...just pathetic. If you have a child playing there, I would strongly recommend you look around for a club with coaches who can ID and develop your son. One of the reasons that club fails on the competitve boys side is because the youth coaches are not good so by the time the boys reach those critical years, it's too late. Look around!

Comment

Open your eyes, HM is all about the $$$. We didn't think that when our daughter played there but now since our son has started we have seen a different side of the club. We get nickeled and dimed at every opportunity and they constantly are trying to push third party vendors or products at us all the time. We play in different leagues just to get games in every weekend and we don't even have good training or game fields anymore, has anybody else noticed how central winds and shane kelly are now. They are easily some of the worst fields in Orlando.
                        I am not defending FKK by any means but please list a big club that is not a "money grab". Our kids have played on a number of clubs big and small. I have yet to find a "big" club that does not blead you dry. If you want to save money you will have to choose a small club. The problem is small clubs have "hit or miss" coaches and rarely have any decent leagues to play in.

Comment

It is a shame that FKK has done this and shows no regard to the families that support them. I am not one of those that say we will not be back but to be honest it is easier for us to play with FC America or even OC than driving out to Shane Kelly. I also want to comment on how bad the fields are at Shane Kelly and Central Winds, just awful and dangerous conditions for the players. Actions speaks louder than words HM.

Comment

And senior teams start to fall apart as kids leave the game or leave for bigger clubs.

I am not defending FKK by any means but please list a big club that is not a "money grab". Our kids have played on a number of clubs big and small. I have yet to find a "big" club that does not blead you dry. If you want to save money you will have to choose a small club. The problem is small clubs have "hit or miss" coaches and rarely have any decent leagues to play in.

Comment

And senior teams start to fall apart as kids leave the game or leave for bigger clubs.

Or because of the coaching at the older age groups.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X