C-MLS Next
    D-Top of NPL/ENCL-R/FSPL
    E-Miami-Dade local league 1st division
    F- Sunshine whatever
    G- Local league outside of Miami Dade

I would swap B and C.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

That would be true if the level of play was the same as ECNL at all other leagues. Otherwise why are 75 percent of NCAA D1 tournament teams made up from ECNL alumni? I mean if ECNL doesn't matter either way why is it so slanted in that way?
      Yes maybe ECNL in other states but unless you have blinders on we are talking about ECNL in Florida which is the same as the GA, ECNLR and some other high level teams not playing in those leagues. There is NO difference.

Comment

Yes maybe ECNL in other states but unless you have blinders on we are talking about ECNL in Florida which is the same as the GA, ECNLR and some other high level teams not playing in those leagues. There is NO difference.
        I understand your motivation for saying this but it does not match reality - especially when you roll in the "high level teams not playing in those leagues." Are you seriously saying there are NPL,CDL, etc. that could compete? Name one in any age group?

Comment

I would swap B and C.
          ABSOLUTELY! Sure there's some ECNL teams that are better than MLSN and some MLSN teams that aren't good, but as a whole MLSN > ECNL

Comment

It's club by club, team by team between B&C. Compare WFF to Miramar for example and tell me B and C should be swapped. But compare OC ECNL with Weston and tell me B & C shouldn't be.

I would swap B and C.

Comment

It's club by club, team by team between B&C. Compare WFF to Miramar for example and tell me B and C should be swapped. But compare OC ECNL with Weston and tell me B & C shouldn't be.

There's always exceptions and overlaps, but as an entire league MLS N is still better than ECNL.

Comment

I understand your motivation for saying this but it does not match reality - especially when you roll in the "high level teams not playing in those leagues." Are you seriously saying there are NPL,CDL, etc. that could compete? Name one in any age group?
                What Motivation would boys ECNL dad have?

Comment

Because they can see hundreds of the best players in one spot on a 3-day weekend and the ECNL will even have break stations set up around the fields with free drinks, snacks, lunches and back rubs for the college coaches.
                  They can do the same at any of the major showcases and see ECNL pitted against other great teams.

Comment

They can do the same at any of the major showcases and see ECNL pitted against other great teams.
                    huh? A few GAL teams can compete against ECNL: teams but it doesn't matter - ECNL as a league won't play against non ECNL teams. A few teams do here or there but that's it. It's a bad look to lose against B teams.

Not all coaches are shopping for ECNL level players, but certainly the better programs do including top D3 quality academics that are desired by many soccer families

Comment

Assuming they attend the CASLs of the world. Many head coaches go to the ECNL showcases but skip the CASLs, etc. or send Assistant Coaches the CASLs. Part of the reason is the level of play is so inconsistent. It's hard to judge the level of play they will see going off the "New Jersey FC Gold '06 - COACHESNAME" teams and/or Got Soccer points, etc.

Comment

Agreed, Miramar, Parkland, maybe even BR come to mind.

Comment

Assuming they attend the CASLs of the world. Many head coaches go to the ECNL showcases but skip the CASLs, etc. or send Assistant Coaches the CASLs. Part of the reason is the level of play is so inconsistent. It's hard to judge the level of play they will see going off the "New Jersey FC Gold '06 - COACHESNAME" teams and/or Got Soccer points, etc.
                          Agreed and the reverse is also accurate, many coaches skip ECNL because the play is in consistent, you don’t want to see a FL ECNL team get shellacked by a Cali or Texas.

Comment

Agreed and the reverse is also accurate, many coaches skip ECNL because the play is in consistent, you don’t want to see a FL ECNL team get shellacked by a Cali or Texas.
                            "Shellacked...?" Last season, Florida teams were losing to California teams 2-1 in the Finals of the ECNL National Championship. Not really schellacked.

Comment

"Coinciding with the updated ECNL Club Competition postseason structure, the ECNL Regional League will also have an updated postseason structure. For the first time in league history, the ECNL Girls Regional League will host its own postseason division, with Regional League Champions crowned at the ECNL Girls National Playoffs. Details for the updated ECNL Regional League postseason structure can be found here.

During the 2021-22 season, more than 300 teams will qualify for the ECNL Girls National Playoffs across six different age groups. Qualification for the ECNL Girls National Playoffs is earned by performance in all ECNL competitions throughout the 2021-22 campaign, including regular-season matches and ECNL Girls National Events."

ECNL-R gets to play to a National Championship at the ECNL Girls National Playoffs without playing any of the 300 ECNL teams that qualified. Kind of like being in ECNL without being in ECNL!
                              ECNL-R players aren't playing for College level top teams... sorry just a fact.. but I think this is a great!!! A wonderful reward and something to work towards for these second tier teams.. ( which includes mine kid ) Mine doesn't want to play college soccer so this league is a great fit for them.( and admittedly probably wouldn't have made the top team, but it's not really a goal of hers either.. she good but doesn't have the desire to get better really.. happy where she is... ) less travel, less time commitment, plays every game, the entire game, we aren't around such crazy insane parents they all think their kids are going to be on the national team, it's a great environment for what we're trying to get out of soccer...and now maybe mix in a little fun too.. travel like that to a "national championship" .. at whatever level makes kids feel special and proud of themselves.

Comment

ECNL-R players aren't playing for College level top teams... sorry just a fact.. but I think this is a great!!! A wonderful reward and something to work towards for these second tier teams.. ( which includes mine kid ) Mine doesn't want to play college soccer so this league is a great fit for them.( and admittedly probably wouldn't have made the top team, but it's not really a goal of hers either.. she good but doesn't have the desire to get better really.. happy where she is... ) less travel, less time commitment, plays every game, the entire game, we aren't around such crazy insane parents they all think their kids are going to be on the national team, it's a great environment for what we're trying to get out of soccer...and now maybe mix in a little fun too.. travel like that to a "national championship" .. at whatever level makes kids feel special and proud of themselves.
                                That's how NPL was for our oldest and it worked well. Our other kid that now plays in college had the "fire in the belly" and ECNL was the best fit for her.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X