Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TraceCam2 or Veo2

I am sure this has been discussed before, however with the new units out I wanted to see if any improvement.

Is the tracecam2 any better than the older version? I was told they upgraded the cameras and AI filming, has anyone had any experience with it? Which is better to get TraceCam2 or the Veo2 coming out in December with Live Stream?

has anyone used the new version of the trace?

I use Kodak instant pictures. Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I am sure this has been discussed before, however with the new units out I wanted to see if any improvement.

Is the tracecam2 any better than the older version? I was told they upgraded the cameras and AI filming, has anyone had any experience with it? Which is better to get TraceCam2 or the Veo2 coming out in December with Live Stream?

Both are equally as useful. The problem is the coaches does not know how to use the footage.

Comment

Throw Pixellot into the mix also.

Comment

good feedback

Comment

Here are some data points I've taken from the Trace 2 vs. Veo 1 (no Veo 2 footage available)

Trace 2 -
            Frame Width - 1280
            Frame Hight - 720
            Data Rate - 2893kbps
            Total bitrate - 3086kbps
            Frame rate - 24 frames/second

Veo 1 -
            Frame Width - 1920
            Frame Hight - 1080
            Data Rate - 7967 kbps
            Total bitrate - 8031 kbps
            Frame rate - 30.05 frames/second

Veo 1 is clearly better than Trace 2 based on this data.

Price point -
            Trace 2 - $3800
            Veo 2 - $3400

Comment

Here are some data points I've taken from the Trace 2 vs. Veo 1 (no Veo 2 footage available)

Trace 2 -
              Frame Width - 1280
              Frame Hight - 720
              Data Rate - 2893kbps
              Total bitrate - 3086kbps
              Frame rate - 24 frames/second

Veo 1 -
              Frame Width - 1920
              Frame Hight - 1080
              Data Rate - 7967 kbps
              Total bitrate - 8031 kbps
              Frame rate - 30.05 frames/second

Veo 1 is clearly better than Trace 2 based on this data.

Price point -
              Trace 2 - $3800
              Veo 2 - $3400
              Every season, roughly $250 is adding to our team budget for the game video. However, the coach does not take the time to go over or study the game video with the players. The real question is, Why is the team paying for the video?

Comment

as someone else said. the Coach can review all they want but they lack the ability to analyze what they're seeing and being able to fix it. Soccer Coaches in Florida are awful. I've had multiple coaches review the same play and got 3 different opinions of what "should" have happended

Comment

I have used Trace1 and Veo1 for multiple seasons, and am currently demoing a Trace2 while waiting on Veo2.

Trace has come a long way with their tools for coaches as well as players. Previously you could not even create your own highlights after the game. Crazy. Because of that alone, I switched to Veo.

Veo 1 advantages: Cheaper, no sensors to try and get onto the players. Easier to share with multiple teams. Does everything you really need it to do. Cheaper. Much better design that Trace1, which was honestly a joke. If you haven't seen a Trace1, be glad.
                  Veo 1 disadvantages: Video quality with Veo1 is sub-par when viewing online. It improves when you download the video, but that sort of defeats the purpose. Battery life is poor. I can store 4 or 5 games, but have to recharge after 2. That sucks.

Trace 1 advantages: Data from sensors. That's about it. After a couple games the data really wasn't worth much. I did like the directional indicators during video play for each player, that feature is great as a coach to watch play develop.
                  Trace 1 disadvantages: Everything else. Cost, camera design (joke). Requires sensors, and kids had putting them on for the most part. Inability to share the camera easily between teams.

Trace 2 has a great design, better battery and much better image quality than Veo 1. Their editing software is vastly improved and it better than Veo, although Veo is adding features. The cam is nice now, although a bit bigger than Veo.
                  Veo 2 boasts improved image quality, better battery, live streaming.

Veo 2 5 year cost: ~ $10,000 ($1,700/year + ~$1.500 one-time for camera, tripod, etc )
                  Trace 5 year cost: ~ $19,000 ($3,800/year)

Ultimately it comes down to a few decision points. If you want to:
                  -Iive stream: Veo 2
                  -Share between multiple teams: Veo 2
                  -make it as cheap as possible: Veo 2 (well or 1)
                  -have GPS data: Trace
                  -have a slightly better video editor: Trace

For me, it comes down to sharing between teams and price, which is Veo.

I would like to see Trace offer a version with no sensors for a reduced price, which would get them many more customers. Not sure that will happen, but I have given them tons of feedback over the last 3 years. Its been nice to see them implement most things, although it took a while.

Comment

I have used Trace1 and Veo1 for multiple seasons, and am currently demoing a Trace2 while waiting on Veo2.

Trace has come a long way with their tools for coaches as well as players. Previously you could not even create your own highlights after the game. Crazy. Because of that alone, I switched to Veo.

Veo 1 advantages: Cheaper, no sensors to try and get onto the players. Easier to share with multiple teams. Does everything you really need it to do. Cheaper. Much better design that Trace1, which was honestly a joke. If you haven't seen a Trace1, be glad.
                    Veo 1 disadvantages: Video quality with Veo1 is sub-par when viewing online. It improves when you download the video, but that sort of defeats the purpose. Battery life is poor. I can store 4 or 5 games, but have to recharge after 2. That sucks.

Trace 1 advantages: Data from sensors. That's about it. After a couple games the data really wasn't worth much. I did like the directional indicators during video play for each player, that feature is great as a coach to watch play develop.
                    Trace 1 disadvantages: Everything else. Cost, camera design (joke). Requires sensors, and kids had putting them on for the most part. Inability to share the camera easily between teams.

Trace 2 has a great design, better battery and much better image quality than Veo 1. Their editing software is vastly improved and it better than Veo, although Veo is adding features. The cam is nice now, although a bit bigger than Veo.

Veo 2 5 year cost: ~ $10,000 ($1,700/year + ~$1.500 one-time for camera, tripod, etc )

I would like to see Trace offer a version with no sensors for a reduced price, which would get them many more customers. Not sure that will happen, but I have given them tons of feedback over the last 3 years. Its been nice to see them implement most things, although it took a while.
                    WOW!! Thanks for the technical breakdown. Now if you could teach the clubs and coaches how to use it. Film and game study has been in use for many year to help players improve.

Comment

WOW!! Thanks for the technical breakdown. Now if you could teach the clubs and coaches how to use it. Film and game study has been in use for many year to help players improve.
                      Most coaches have full time jobs apart from soccer. These coaches usually coach multiple teams on multiple days in the evenings. I know some coaches that are at the fields 7 days a week. It doesn't leave them much time to break down film. It would be nice but probably unrealistic in most cases especially if they are married or have kids. :)

Comment

Most coaches have full time jobs apart from soccer. These coaches usually coach multiple teams on multiple days in the evenings. I know some coaches that are at the fields 7 days a week. It doesn't leave them much time to break down film. It would be nice but probably unrealistic in most cases especially if they are married or have kids. :)
                        Well, I am guessing the person you are describing should not be coaching. He/she lack the commitment and focus to help the players. He/she should just stick to the day job.

Comment

​​​​​​​
                          thank you for this. We don't need to share it, its just for 1 team so i think the Trace is what we will go with for now since Veo 2 isn't avail. Thank you for actually helping someone on here and not just making comments

Comment

Now you have to wait longer for the VEO 2. Update today was March.

Comment

The Veo 1 is better then Trace and is available. We’ve have the chance to use both.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X