Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    This has nothing to do with the kid though. This is about the club. They say they are different than TBU but they are exactly the same. This is the "beauty" of pay to play soccer. Management makes deals and kids who should be on teams get cut so they can make place for kids that should not be on a team but are part of the deal. It does not benefit the game, does not benefit the team and it even does not benefit that one player either because people around him know and he knows it too.
    Of course Florida Premier is the same as TBU - everyone who matters at Florida Premier is a cast-off of TBU.

Comment

Perhaps you missed that the poster commented on the body type of the 14 year old kid to make his point.

You're kidding me right? Pointing out the fact that a player is not physically fit to be on a certain team was how the poster pointed out that there's a flaw with the club. The term he used is very mild too. I could think of a thousand much worse way to describe this player. Anyway, your reaction is what's wrong with the whole thing. I feel sorry for the kid actually because everyone around him think they do him a favor. As adults we all know that there are no participation trophies and we need to work hard for anything we achieve. So by pushing this player onto teams he does not merit to be put on he is literally robbed from being able to achieve anything on his own. So please don't be a snowflake. It does not benefit anybody .At the age of 14 I am sure he is also old enough to look at himself and his teammates and see the differences in performance (I am not talking about body type here but purely fitness level) and understand that he does not meet the level.

Comment

You're kidding me right? Pointing out the fact that a player is not physically fit to be on a certain team was how the poster pointed out that there's a flaw with the club. The term he used is very mild too. I could think of a thousand much worse way to describe this player. Anyway, your reaction is what's wrong with the whole thing. I feel sorry for the kid actually because everyone around him think they do him a favor. As adults we all know that there are no participation trophies and we need to work hard for anything we achieve. So by pushing this player onto teams he does not merit to be put on he is literally robbed from being able to achieve anything on his own. So please don't be a snowflake. It does not benefit anybody .At the age of 14 I am sure he is also old enough to look at himself and his teammates and see the differences in performance (I am not talking about body type here but purely fitness level) and understand that he does not meet the level.
        Totally agree with you....Do you think he should get the jab to protect his team mates? That would be a start in the right direction...

Comment

There was nothing said about his performance or if he is a keeper or striker. I have no idea if the kid has Messi's touch and Zlatan's shot or if he is a rec player with a dad who can coach. All that was said was that the kid who played on the MLS team at TBU and now was on the ECNL team is "chubby" and therefore there is nepotism. It is not being a snowflake to think this is unnecessary and mean for a TBU parent to post on a message board. Go ahead and criticize the coaches, directors and staff for all your imagined wrongs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X