Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Milwaukee ECNL break up

Does anybody have any info on the FC Milwaukee battle/break up with Eclipse and Christain
    Lavers?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anybody have any info on the FC Milwaukee battle/break up with Eclipse and Christain
    Lavers?
    I'm not sure of a lot of the details but here is some information that might be helpful:

FC Milwaukee and FC Wisconsin Eclipse Joint Statement Regarding ECNL

"FC Milwaukee Nationals, Inc. and Wisconsin Elite Athlete Development, LLC (“WEAD”) are pleased to announce that effective July 1, 2012, the FC Milwaukee ECNL program will be transferred to and operated by WEAD under the name FC Wisconsin Eclipse. FC Wisconsin Eclipse and FC Milwaukee are affiliating with each other and will be working together cooperatively to insure the success of both organizations and to provide opportunities and platforms for players at all ability and interest levels. The transfer and affiliation was done to provide new opportunity and resources for the ECNL players and to increase the chances of success of the players in the ECNL.

Reflecting this close affiliation, the FC Milwaukee name shall be placed on FC Wisconsin Eclipse uniforms and on the FC Wisconsin Eclipse website. Both parties have worked diligently through this process and with the long term success of the players and organizations foremost in mind."

This all sounds a bit strange and vague to me and I am sure that there is more "behind the scenes" goings on that may not be revealed. There is more information at the website found here.

Comment

Here's a bit more

Comment

This is interesting as FC Milwaukee is Lavers club who started the whole ECNL. So is spinning off ECNL programs to a separate club allowed? Do clubs that didn't make the ECNL list be OK with this? Where will the players come from?

Comment

This is interesting as FC Milwaukee is Lavers club who started the whole ECNL. So is spinning off ECNL programs to a separate club allowed? Do clubs that didn't make the ECNL list be OK with this? Where will the players come from?
          I'm not sure if you are the OP or not but it really doesn't sound like it is a "FC Milwaukee battle/break up with Eclipse and Christain Lavers" as was written by the OP. If you go to the web page of FC Wisconsin Eclipse, here, it really doesn't sound like a "new" club to me. The FC Milwaukee club logo is even prominently featured on the web site. It seems as if the player pool and the population that the club is pulling from is also the same as it was before. The club also, as in the past, is even using the same facilities with what seems to be an additional day in Chicagoland. If you poke around on the web site a bit in the FAQs, etc, there is a bit more though I am still confused as to why the need for this arose. I suspect that the club may be trying to increase the potential player pool. If you look at Chicagoland, there is currently the Eclipse & Sockers in the ECNL. Even with those two clubs, there are players that are extremely talented that are not able to make an ECNL team just because the player pool in that market is so big and talented. Perhaps this will give those players an additional opportunity to play at an ECNL club. The other consideration, and I honestly think this may be one of the primary reasons for all of this, is related to FC Milwaukee's struggles in the league. All age groups, from 15 to 18, are playing in 'B' flight. Opening up the potential player pool may make the team more competitive. And, lastly, the discontinuance of the poaching rules within Illinois may be a factor. I think that starting next year there will be no anti-poaching rules in place and recruiting of players can occur freely and out in the open. Even though the "new" club is based in Wisconsin, the Illinois ruling on recruiting may somehow be a factor.

I'm confused about all of this as well.

Comment

I'm not sure if you are the OP or not but it really doesn't sound like it is a "FC Milwaukee battle/break up with Eclipse and Christain Lavers" as was written by the OP. If you go to the web page of FC Wisconsin Eclipse, here, it really doesn't sound like a "new" club to me. The FC Milwaukee club logo is even prominently featured on the web site. It seems as if the player pool and the population that the club is pulling from is also the same as it was before. The club also, as in the past, is even using the same facilities with what seems to be an additional day in Chicagoland. If you poke around on the web site a bit in the FAQs, etc, there is a bit more though I am still confused as to why the need for this arose. I suspect that the club may be trying to increase the potential player pool. If you look at Chicagoland, there is currently the Eclipse & Sockers in the ECNL. Even with those two clubs, there are players that are extremely talented that are not able to make an ECNL team just because the player pool in that market is so big and talented. Perhaps this will give those players an additional opportunity to play at an ECNL club. The other consideration, and I honestly think this may be one of the primary reasons for all of this, is related to FC Milwaukee's struggles in the league. All age groups, from 15 to 18, are playing in 'B' flight. Opening up the potential player pool may make the team more competitive. And, lastly, the discontinuance of the poaching rules within Illinois may be a factor. I think that starting next year there will be no anti-poaching rules in place and recruiting of players can occur freely and out in the open. Even though the "new" club is based in Wisconsin, the Illinois ruling on recruiting may somehow be a factor.

I'm confused about all of this as well.
            You don't sound too confused.. Where will players come from and got to believe the old club would want the revenue for any players they send along.

Comment

Where will players come from and got to believe the old club would want the revenue for any players they send along.
              It sounds like the players will come from the same pool as before with the exception that it may be a bit larger due to the possible inclusion of the Chicago area players. Here is a little more on that. The reason I included this link is because it was not on the web site the last time that I checked. At the bottom of that page:

"The FC Wisconsin Eclipse affiliation with Eclipse Select will allow an optional extra day of training (in Waukegan), or an optional way to make up a missed training, for players that are willing to drive a little farther, who want another day of training that week, or who want to test themselves against some different players periodically."

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                It sounds like the players will come from the same pool as before with the exception that it may be a bit larger due to the possible inclusion of the Chicago area players. Here is a little more on that. The reason I included this link is because it was not on the web site the last time that I checked. At the bottom of that page:

"The FC Wisconsin Eclipse affiliation with Eclipse Select will allow an optional extra day of training (in Waukegan), or an optional way to make up a missed training, for players that are willing to drive a little farther, who want another day of training that week, or who want to test themselves against some different players periodically."

This stuff sounds good on paper, but hard in reality with players coming and going for roster spots.

Comment

This stuff sounds good on paper, but hard in reality with players coming and going for roster spots.
                  I honestly think that the reality of all of this is that FC Milwaukee got roughed up a bit and they are trying to bolster the roster. As was mentioned earlier, all teams, 15 through 18, are in 'B' flight. I am sure that the club can't be all that happy about that. They can paint it however they wish but, in short, methinks that they are trying to attract more talent. I am not being critical of them in trying to do this. I think it is fine and if it is giving some players in Chicagoland an alternative that they would not have had otherwise, that is great.

Comment

I honestly think that the reality of all of this is that FC Milwaukee got roughed up a bit and they are trying to bolster the roster. As was mentioned earlier, all teams, 15 through 18, are in 'B' flight. I am sure that the club can't be all that happy about that. They can paint it however they wish but, in short, methinks that they are trying to attract more talent. I am not being critical of them in trying to do this. I think it is fine and if it is giving some players in Chicagoland an alternative that they would not have had otherwise, that is great.
                    Sounds like some ego involved in the spin off. There has to be plenty of strong WI girls so taking a team into chicago seems strange. What about making another Chicago team ECNL if the intent is for chicago girls to have more options. It isn't an easy drive from the times I've done it in that area.

Comment

Sounds like some ego involved in the spin off. There has to be plenty of strong WI girls so taking a team into chicago seems strange. What about making another Chicago team ECNL if the intent is for chicago girls to have more options. It isn't an easy drive from the times I've done it in that area.
                      There could be some ego issues but I honestly think that a big part of all of this might be related to an effort to bolster the roster. The FC Milwaukee's combined records of their ECNL teams in conference play, from 15 through 18, is 8-12-40 (W-T-L).

The 15s are in 10th place in their conference out of 10 teams. In the National 'B' flight they are 31 of 36.

16s are 10 out 10 in conference and 33 of 36 in 'B' flight.

17s are 8 of 10 in conference and 21 of 36 in 'B' flight.

18s are the bright spot as they are 7 of 10 in conference and 8 of 36 in 'B' flight.

The 14s show some promise and are 6-4-4 in conference play and that places them into 4th of 10 teams. National flight standings are not kept at 14.

The fact that no teams are in 'A' flight must be disheartening. I am sure that the club would like to see some better results and increasing the depth of the talent pool is one way to do that.

I agree that the drive to Chicago or the reverse is difficult. Having said that, some families are willing to make those sorts of treks. It isn't for me and wouldn't be for my kids. I think it would be crazy for us but for others it must be OK so I shouldn't judge them. I have heard of commutes for soccer that are a lot more difficult. BTW, the Sockers were the latest club to join from Chicagoland but even with the Eclipse and Sockers there is still a big enough population base that there are many other good clubs/teams that compete in USYSA leagues - Team Chicago, NSA, FCX, etc.

Comment

Still quite confusing.....heard Lavers was not happy with development of girls at FC...blamed the club but he was responsible for coaching. As ECNL president, sounds like he
                        didn't like the product so he will reinvent and rebrand with Eclipse. What will he do if he fails again?

Comment

Still quite confusing.....heard Lavers was not happy with development of girls at FC...blamed the club but he was responsible for coaching. As ECNL president, sounds like he
                          didn't like the product so he will reinvent and rebrand with Eclipse. What will he do if he fails again?
                          he's had his share of parents being really upset with his style of coaching .

Comment

what is his style of coaching? why are parents upset?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X