X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, then try to go to Europe and see if it works. Pulisic has an EU passport through his Croatian family or something like that. It's described in one of the articles. The rule has always been there, just enforced only over the past couple years. It was why Barca had the 2 transfer window ban. When the ban was enforced, they pulled the registration of all their u18 foreign players outside of EU, including that American that was there for a couple years. His mom was even living & working in Barcelona with her dr. practice. The kid from Miami down at Boca Jr.'s or wherever: registration pulled. Now he's back in S. FL. I think the Barca kid is at IMG.
    Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid... all threatened with same ban if they register players outwith the EU when u18. Even MLS clubs won't touch a Mexican national for their DA if they don't meet the conditions of the rule, which many don't.
    Lederman is back at Barca now with a Polish passport.

To the poster who mentioned getting around Article 19 by signing a pro contract when 16 years old, can you still play with the youth academy teams to develop once you've signed a pro contract (I'm assuming a youth academy contract is different than a pro contract, correct?). Just wondering about playing time starting out. Even Pulisic spent a year on the academy teams to develop a little more before jumping onto the first team. I can't imagine there are too many players strong enough at 16 to get regular first team minutes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    when he is still good with 13 or 14 I will take him to his German grandmother ;-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We did this. Didnt work out. Couple of points to consider.

For older players in pro academies, the existing players there will not fully accept your player unless he speaks their native language. It is very cut throat, and they all want to play professionally so there is that basic level of competition, but soccer in Europe is very tribal so there is that too.

Players having the most success integrating are brought there by a scout, which means he is USYNT player here in US. If you try to force it through a back door, it is far more difficult.

They like to get them younger rather than older. Time to do it is ages 6-10. After that, your player cannot just be as good as the competition, but must be significantly better for them to displace their players for him. And in Europe, that is not an easy proposition.

That being said, our player got very close ... but back to DA here in USA and focus on college. Being over there was a sacrifice - even one year could ruin NCAA eligibility (our player has to take summer school just to make up for his time over there - the NCAA doesnt accept some foreign school work and what they will and will not accept is impossible to predict until after the fact, when it is too late to rectify, since the clock starts ticking at the start of 9th grade and you have 4 years to get all your core course credits in)
    Finally a real informative thread...anyway I agree with this post.

I took my kid when he as 17 to 2 tryouts in Spain. Level is very difficult and being as good won't cut it. You have to be a lot better than what they already have and that's not easy.

As far as the legalities one poster here is wrong. If your kid is over 16 years of age and they want to sign him they will, they will make him a professional contract, provide him with housing and meals, pay him a small salary and that's the end of the FIFA restriction. Ben Lederman has nothing to do with it because he was too young to sign a Pro contract when this ruling came out. When we went there was 2 foreign players under 18 with that team and both had contracts.

Another way to go around the FIFA rules is if he's a full time student in a EU University. If you're a full time student in Spain for example you will get a player's card. So that's another possibility.

Right now if you think your kid is good enough I would say wait until he's 17 at least and then go. Make sure you have an agent that has strong contracts with clubs and it's a real tryout or else you're wasting money and time.

But I fully agree that if your kid wants to go to the next level he has to be in Europe. I've seen the training up close and thinking back to his trainers here it was a joke. No point of comparisons whatsoever...and they will never have a shot at playing professional soccer.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Delusional daddy chasing his own dreams. What about college? try using your American passport and see how far that gets you in France.
    We did this. Didnt work out. Couple of points to consider.

For older players in pro academies, the existing players there will not fully accept your player unless he speaks their native language. It is very cut throat, and they all want to play professionally so there is that basic level of competition, but soccer in Europe is very tribal so there is that too.

Players having the most success integrating are brought there by a scout, which means he is USYNT player here in US. If you try to force it through a back door, it is far more difficult.

They like to get them younger rather than older. Time to do it is ages 6-10. After that, your player cannot just be as good as the competition, but must be significantly better for them to displace their players for him. And in Europe, that is not an easy proposition.

That being said, our player got very close ... but back to DA here in USA and focus on college. Being over there was a sacrifice - even one year could ruin NCAA eligibility (our player has to take summer school just to make up for his time over there - the NCAA doesnt accept some foreign school work and what they will and will not accept is impossible to predict until after the fact, when it is too late to rectify, since the clock starts ticking at the start of 9th grade and you have 4 years to get all your core course credits in)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OK, then try to go to Europe and see if it works. Pulisic has an EU passport through his Croatian family or something like that. It's described in one of the articles. The rule has always been there, just enforced only over the past couple years. It was why Barca had the 2 transfer window ban. When the ban was enforced, they pulled the registration of all their u18 foreign players outside of EU, including that American that was there for a couple years. His mom was even living & working in Barcelona with her dr. practice. The kid from Miami down at Boca Jr.'s or wherever: registration pulled. Now he's back in S. FL. I think the Barca kid is at IMG.
    Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid... all threatened with same ban if they register players outwith the EU when u18. Even MLS clubs won't touch a Mexican national for their DA if they don't meet the conditions of the rule, which many don't.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2052806]You sound like some guy that has done a little reading and talked to some guy selling you dreams. Look up Ben Lederman and see what title 19 did to his time at Barcelona.

Unless you have an EU passport or you already live there for a year before your kid touches a ball, you aint going over there to get in an Academy.

Pulisic has heritage and got an EU passport, the others that get over before 18 all did too. But you never know, in the end, you may wind up paying off enough people, if even possible, to get your kid over there only to find out he is cut by age 17 and you have uprooted your life, spent multiple of thousands of dollars and your kid will wind up playing college soccer in the states. Something he could do from a DA in your area righ
    thousand of dollars for an experience of a life time and to learn another culture. or thousands of dollars to play da and some crap club w no affiliate. life is short live it and have fun I know my kid will

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    you all have no clue. how title 19 work out for pulisic, and all the other americans over seas? If you are good enough and take your kid for try outs. they will be signed and all of title 19 blocks go away. nice try though

You sound like some guy that has done a little reading and talked to some guy selling you dreams. Look up Ben Lederman and see what title 19 did to his time at Barcelona.

Unless you have an EU passport or you already live there for a year before your kid touches a ball, you aint going over there to get in an Academy.

Pulisic has heritage and got an EU passport, the others that get over before 18 all did too. But you never know, in the end, you may wind up paying off enough people, if even possible, to get your kid over there only to find out he is cut by age 17 and you have uprooted your life, spent multiple of thousands of dollars and your kid will wind up playing college soccer in the states. Something he could do from a DA in your area right now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Right. The Title 19 rule will block youth players under age of 18 from being registered by the club except certain conditions. If you're American and not already working in the country for a year, or if the player doesn't have an EU passport, then moving there now won't work. He can train all he wants, can't be registered.
    you all have no clue. how title 19 work out for pulisic, and all the other americans over seas? If you are good enough and take your kid for try outs. they will be signed and all of title 19 blocks go away. nice try though

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Right. The Title 19 rule will block youth players under age of 18 from being registered by the club except certain conditions. If you're American and not already working in the country for a year, or if the player doesn't have an EU passport, then moving there now won't work. He can train all he wants, can't be registered.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Delusional daddy chasing his own dreams. What about college? try using your American passport and see how far that gets you in France.
    Don't be mad that I have enough $$$ to take him over there and get him a try out. Plus why would I tell you who I have connections with in Europe. TO be specific they are in England!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As I read article after article about all of the up and coming U.S. youth players Pulisic, Wright, Hadji Etc.,, one thing comes clear and occurs to me. If your kid is good you need to get him out of this country and over seas for proper training by 17. Otherwise he will just be a benchwarmer on a USL team if he ever gets that good.
    Title 19 won't let you. Sorry to bust your wet dreams.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As I read article after article about all of the up and coming U.S. youth players Pulisic, Wright, Hadji Etc.,, one thing comes clear and occurs to me. If your kid is good you need to get him out of this country and over seas for proper training by 17. Otherwise he will just be a benchwarmer on a USL team if he ever gets that good.
    Which country in Europe?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it's called where there is a will there is a way. I don't have a solution but will find one when my kid is old enough. I run my own business and can do it from a computer. That's how I can work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please enlighten the rest of us.
    it's called where there is a will there is a way. I don't have a solution but will find one when my kid is old enough. I run my own business and can do it from a computer. That's how I can work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please enlighten the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X