if you want true development bypass DA and move your kid to Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when he is still good with 13 or 14 I will take him to his German grandmother ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      OK, then try to go to Europe and see if it works. Pulisic has an EU passport through his Croatian family or something like that. It's described in one of the articles. The rule has always been there, just enforced only over the past couple years. It was why Barca had the 2 transfer window ban. When the ban was enforced, they pulled the registration of all their u18 foreign players outside of EU, including that American that was there for a couple years. His mom was even living & working in Barcelona with her dr. practice. The kid from Miami down at Boca Jr.'s or wherever: registration pulled. Now he's back in S. FL. I think the Barca kid is at IMG.
      Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid... all threatened with same ban if they register players outwith the EU when u18. Even MLS clubs won't touch a Mexican national for their DA if they don't meet the conditions of the rule, which many don't.
      Lederman is back at Barca now with a Polish passport.

To the poster who mentioned getting around Article 19 by signing a pro contract when 16 years old, can you still play with the youth academy teams to develop once you've signed a pro contract (I'm assuming a youth academy contract is different than a pro contract, correct?). Just wondering about playing time starting out. Even Pulisic spent a year on the academy teams to develop a little more before jumping onto the first team. I can't imagine there are too many players strong enough at 16 to get regular first team minutes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X