X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad info

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one has explained why clubs publish and love to advertise these Commitment letters, its not that big of a deal, a scholarship is the big dea, but no one publishes those. It may be a bigger deal in Mens basketball or football but women's college soccer takes walk ons all day

a quick Wikipedia search says the following, a commitment letter is also known as a National Letter of Intent...

The NLI is a voluntary program with regard to both institutions and student-athletes. No prospective student-athlete or parent is required to sign the National Letter of Intent, and no institution is required to join the program
    You are very wrong and the classic case of misinformation. Just making the team is the hard part even when paying full price with no scholarship. It is very hard. Very few walk ons in girls college soccer. Scholarship range from.25 to 100 percent depending on level and team. Most schools will try to give academic monies plus soorts monies to allow them.to get more players. Sometimes you can use the financial aid route which can be very helpful. The money and how doesnt matter. It is extremely hard to make a team even if you paying in full. If it was so easy all of south florida would have more than 18

As far explaining why clubs publish this information...really you ask this question. Clubs business is soccer and when you work hard at any business you are proud of your accomplishments. College soccer is the pinnacle of girls soccer.

Thanks for the definition of a verbal commitment. Those are very important and yes both parties can change their minds but most dont unless circumstances change. The commitments that this thread is talking about is senior class and all have signed letter of commitments. Which my encyclopedia means DONE DEAL.

As far as letting you know how much and the deal families make. I believe that everyone can agree that this is a private matter. Just be clear that making the team and being given anything is a great accomplishment

Comment

experience

You are very wrong and the classic case of misinformation. Just making the team is the hard part even when paying full price with no scholarship. It is very hard. Very few walk ons in girls college soccer. Scholarship range from.25 to 100 percent depending on level and team. Most schools will try to give academic monies plus soorts monies to allow them.to get more players. Sometimes you can use the financial aid route which can be very helpful. The money and how doesnt matter. It is extremely hard to make a team even if you paying in full. If it was so easy all of south florida would have more than 18

As far explaining why clubs publish this information...really you ask this question. Clubs business is soccer and when you work hard at any business you are proud of your accomplishments. College soccer is the pinnacle of girls soccer.

Thanks for the definition of a verbal commitment. Those are very important and yes both parties can change their minds but most dont unless circumstances change. The commitments that this thread is talking about is senior class and all have signed letter of commitments. Which my encyclopedia means DONE DEAL.

As far as letting you know how much and the deal families make. I believe that everyone can agree that this is a private matter. Just be clear that making the team and being given anything is a great accomplishment
      I agree with this poster. I have worked for 3 years to finally sign a deal for college for my daughter.. Haters will keep hating. But those of us that have been through it with a div 1 athlete know it was not easy and was very stressful, difficult, and overwhelming at times. If your kid wants to play at next level making the team is her hardest obstacle.

Comment

Three-quarters of the Sunrise roster play at either American Heritage or St. Thomas.
        There, fixed that for you.

Comment

Sorry that you are so jealous

Sunrise girls don't speak English?
          All the get are walk on deals?
          Sunrise kids don't play good soccer??

For years I have listened to the same jealous babble over and over .
          But guess what??

Every year more and more kids get committed to some of the finest schools in the country from Sunrise due to their talents in the classroom and on the field.

Scholarships vary from academic ,preferred walkons ,financial aid, partials and all the way to many full rides.

It is truly sad to see the venom pouring out of people's keyboards against the club and these talented ladies simply due to a deep-seeded and cancerous level of jealousy .

We at Sunrise truly wish your daughter the best!

QUOTE=Unregistered;2014688]You should ask how many are still in college after freshman year. Three-quarters of the Sunrise roster can barely speak English, let alone succeed in school.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Sunrise girls don't speak English?
            All the get are walk on deals?
            Sunrise kids don't play good soccer??

For years I have listened to the same jealous babble over and over .
            But guess what??

Every year more and more kids get committed to some of the finest schools in the country from Sunrise due to their talents in the classroom and on the field.

Scholarships vary from academic ,preferred walkons ,financial aid, partials and all the way to many full rides.

It is truly sad to see the venom pouring out of people's keyboards against the club and these talented ladies simply due to a deep-seeded and cancerous level of jealousy .

We at Sunrise truly wish your daughter the best!

QUOTE=Unregistered;2014688]You should ask how many are still in college after freshman year. Three-quarters of the Sunrise roster can barely speak English, let alone succeed in school.
            [/QUOTE]

Do you feel better on your soap box? No. One. Cares.

Si necesita en espanol, marquee dos.

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Comment

looks like it

Sunrise has he best girls program in the state by far.
              if the numbers are corect it sure looks like it

Comment

?

if the numbers are corect it sure looks like it
                Im interested to hear from other people's experience in relation to what clubs are telling existing members and prospects of why no commits at thier clubs. Could it possibly be the one day we will be good speech?

Comment

You should ask how many are still in college after freshman year. Three-quarters of the Sunrise roster can barely speak English, let alone succeed in school.
                  Jealous of the success that Sunrise has.

Comment

You should ask how many are still in college after freshman year. Three-quarters of the Sunrise roster can barely speak English, let alone succeed in school.
                    Haters? Why are people so awful and hate others all because their kid is not a superstar. Next time join a club who can develop your child so you wont be so envious.

Comment

Haters? Why are people so awful and hate others all because their kid is not a superstar. Next time join a club who can develop your child so you wont be so envious.
                      haters gonna hate

Comment

tryouts

haters gonna hate
                        sunrisesoccer.net Tryouts 4-15 for girls. Plenty of spots for all teams

Comment

D1 is over rated. How much money did you get is the better question.

Comment

ba bye

sunrisesoccer.net Tryouts 4-15 for girls. Plenty of spots for all teams
                            We will be there. I cant leave my club fast enough. 30 players on DA roster and max subs per game is 5 so 16 players can play in a game only. So they want us to be happy sitting on the bench or playing on second team or what they are calling it NPL team.

ba bye

Comment

We will be there. I cant leave my club fast enough. 30 players on DA roster and max subs per game is 5 so 16 players can play in a game only. So they want us to be happy sitting on the bench or playing on second team or what they are calling it NPL team.

ba bye
                              Good luck (even though it's obvious u are responding to your own posts lol lol) one quick example , Sunrise u13 has 2 teams, both have like 18 girls each, good luck taking someone's spot - ba bye

Comment

always right

Good luck (even though it's obvious u are responding to your own posts lol lol) one quick example , Sunrise u13 has 2 teams, both have like 18 girls each, good luck taking someone's spot - ba bye
                                Some of my best conversations are with myself

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X