Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls ECNL offers

When do offers go out? Is the timeline set by the league or different for each club?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    When do offers go out? Is the timeline set by the league or different for each club?
    I would assume most clubs have already sent out their offers and set their rosters?? My DD received hers a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I would assume most clubs have already sent out their offers and set their rosters?? My DD received hers a couple of weeks ago.
      Not accurate at least for our club. Typically offers to new incoming players may go out now, but they also have rolling offers; rosters are never set.

Comment

I think it depends on the club. The stronger/most competitive clubs know the talent pool at this point and are handpicking players to fill needs and hosting players moving from outside the region throughout the spring and sometimes even into the summer, really depends on the caliber of player. I think smaller/less competitive clubs have to put offers out early and set restrictive deadlines because they want to lock people in. I think once you figure that out its a game of cat and mouse with the club. My advice is be honest about your kids ability and remeber you are the consumer of this club soccer product.

Comment

Anyone willing to put out there what club they already got an offer from? My DD has beem to several ID's and heard very little at this point, should I be concerned?

Comment

Anyone willing to put out there what club they already got an offer from? My DD has beem to several ID's and heard very little at this point, should I be concerned?
            What age group?

Comment

What age group?
              2007 and 2010

Comment

Few clubs have not provided any feedbacks/comments or any messages after the ID sessions. We sent requests for the feedback and there were no responses.
                What should we do?

Comment

Few clubs have not provided any feedbacks/comments or any messages after the ID sessions. We sent requests for the feedback and there were no responses.
                  What should we do?
                  Is it up to the coach to provide feedback for every player that comes to tryout? I would assume the coaches would just reach out to who they want.

Comment

Is it up to the coach to provide feedback for every player that comes to tryout? I would assume the coaches would just reach out to who they want.
                    Yeah if they aren't seeking you out at the end of the session, then for me that's a sign. These are soccer coaches most don't want to bother emailing or texting anoyone, so that in person interaction is essential from my experience. If they keep inviting your kid to practice, consider that a positive even without any feedback. In this case, they are likely allowing you to see if its the right fit for your kid and your consistent attendance indicates mutual interest. Someone on hear said its a game of cat and mouse, I would agree, unless your kid is speciai then you're probably not on here looking for answers cause coach followed you to the parking lot with an offer in hand.

Comment

2007 and 2010
                      If you don't get an offer, or at least communication heading in that direction, then you should probably move on. Or at least be prepared to understand other options. You may still/eventually get an offer, but that delay means you are down on their list of candidates and they are looking for something better.

Comment

Arlington girls has made offers at some age groups. They have also communicated after ID sessions with strengths and need to work on feedback to players who attended. It has been a nice process.

Comment

Arlington girls has made offers at some age groups. They have also communicated after ID sessions with strengths and need to work on feedback to players who attended. It has been a nice process.
                          What age group?

Comment

That was a generic email that was sent to everyone.

Comment

That was a generic email that was sent to everyone.
                              So everyone has the same strengths and weaknesses, LOL? Very nice process indeed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X