Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexandria is losing GA teams

Not sure what is happening behind the scenes- but Metro GA merged with Alexandria last spring and now GA will no longer be at Alexandria starting in the fall. the combined Metro Alexandria team was doing terribly in GA but I thought they would give them more than one season to figure it out. Is Metro going to another club?

Rumors flying that Metro is folding. But that is just that, a rumor.

Comment

is GA as a whole folding too?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Yes. ECNL too.

Comment

GA is going to nowhere.

Comment

I would think GA would fold because ECNL has been so successful. GA kind of stinks.

Comment

I would think GA would fold because ECNL has been so successful. GA kind of stinks.
              GA is fine. They just announced two more clubs joining out west last week. Its the age groups younger than 2010 which will make or break GA.

Comment

Sorry but your put yourself out there, you're an idiot. GA's not folding lmao! Metro is probably going folding or Alexandria is bailing ship on the partnership would be my guess

Comment

Oh fun, here we go with this stupid debate again.

Comment

I don't think this is a debate? Just stating that Alexandria will no longer have GA teams starting in the fall and wondering what is happening to Metro. The clubs will no longer be merged and curious if Metro is taking their GA club somewhere else. Alexandria is going to lose a lot of players over this.There is no good option for older girls at this club.

Comment

Oh fun, here we go with this stupid debate again.
                      No debate, just calling this guy dumb and then pure speculation

Comment

I don't think this is a debate? Just stating that Alexandria will no longer have GA teams starting in the fall and wondering what is happening to Metro. The clubs will no longer be merged and curious if Metro is taking their GA club somewhere else. Alexandria is going to lose a lot of players over this.There is no good option for older girls at this club.
                        They've been at the Arlingon ID's, many red Alexandria and Metro tranining jerseys, so maybe they gave their families a heads up?

Comment

They did not tell families until last night. Many girls are unhappy with GA and the girls that has been with Alexandria a long time who did not make GA were basically ignored. Lots of unhappiness.

Comment

So I’m confused? Is Alexandria leaving the partnership? Is Metro dissolving? Or both?

Comment

The league told Alexandria it was not invited back for the fall. No idea what is happening to Metro but there will be no more merger/partnership.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X