Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Atlantic > Mid-Atlantic

VA Union 2010s girls still want to weigh in on the ECNL league disparities? 1st place Union- Handled 3-1 by 6th PDA, and 4-2 by 6th place GSA at Jeff Cup. Solid effort Sunday tying Penn Fusion to salvage a weekend of humble pie. Back to the training ground I guess. In other news, Bethesda 2010’s win another major tournament, with 13 players (no guests), are they starting to gel as an 11v11 team?

Hold on, making some popcorn.

Comment

Is it true SYC 2014s girls needed a guest player from Miami who plays up with U13 boys?

Comment

SYC still looking like the long term feeder for Union, thoughts? A little more interesting topic than anything concerning 2014's

Comment

OP, is there a problem with the Union 2010 team? I am asking because my daughter is scheduled to be attend a few of their ID Sessions. If this is a toxic environment with arrogant players and parents I would rather look elsewhere.

Cheers

Comment

Union10 and Bethesda10 have a good rivalry going. Couple players that flipped each direction last couple years, and at different ages/stages of the development have beaten each other. They both continue to be the two best teams at their age in the area.

Comment

BSC has always beaten McLean and SYC at this age level furthemore Union 10 got owned at Jeff Cup, so not sure what you are referring to? I imagine Union are looking to beef up their roster, look for a roster closer to 20-22 for next year and defintely moving forward. BSC takes Union players? Not recently, and look for more BSC players to leave for anywhere in MD, Union or Arlington because of KL and his poor management of ECNL teams, 10's are the exception not the rule. I don;t know much about the Union team but that BSC team is not kind to newcomers, no idea how they will ever have more than 16 players on their roster but right now at u-13 they have the best team because they have the top talent even if its just 12 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                BSC has always beaten McLean and SYC at this age level furthemore Union 10 got owned at Jeff Cup, so not sure what you are referring to? I imagine Union are looking to beef up their roster, look for a roster closer to 20-22 for next year and defintely moving forward. BSC takes Union players? Not recently, and look for more BSC players to leave for anywhere in MD, Union or Arlington because of KL and his poor management of ECNL teams, 10's are the exception not the rule. I don;t know much about the Union team but that BSC team is not kind to newcomers, no idea how they will ever have more than 16 players on their roster but right now at u-13 they have the best team because they have the top talent even if its just 12 players.
                Well they took at least one player, at least according to a parent in this 2010 topic on another board who claiming their kid made the Mclean to Bethesda move.

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/po...t/1050514.page

Comment

VA Union 2010s girls still want to weigh in on the ECNL league disparities? 1st place Union- Handled 3-1 by 6th PDA, and 4-2 by 6th place GSA at Jeff Cup. Solid effort Sunday tying Penn Fusion to salvage a weekend of humble pie. Back to the training ground I guess. In other news, Bethesda 2010’s win another major tournament, with 13 players (no guests), are they starting to gel as an 11v11 team?
                  Maybe you haven't been around long enough but losing a match 3-1 once doesn't mean much. I've seen teams lose 3-0 one week and turn around a week or 2 later and win 3-0 against the same team at the HS ages.

Comment

It is like comparing English Premier League with MLS. EPL is North Atlantic and MLS is Mid-Atlantic

Comment

Damn its not that drastic, more like North Atantic is Bundesliga, Mid-Atlantic is Portuguese league, but Southwest and Texas divisions are EPL

Comment

Depends on the year. More 09 teams from Mid Atlantic made it out of ECNL Playoff group play than any other other divisions. Stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Depends on the year. More 09 teams from Mid Atlantic made it out of ECNL Playoff group play than any other other divisions. Stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it.
                          Didn't only Richmond make it out of group play?

Comment

Richmond, Charlotte and Charlotte Independence all made it out.

Comment

Surprisingly Loudoun did not which tells you just how tough MA is for 09s. Currently Charlotte Independence will not make Playoffs and Arlington will instead.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X