•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCV corruption

In addition to hiring abusive coaches.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forum/...egion-1/91142-

the cronyism continues with the latest u15 camp selection from FCV. Not even in the same zip code as other local invites.

One FCV player made the cut for California. Having watched this player she absolutely fits the mold of what US Soccer is looking for in a forward. She is a talented athlete and deserving of the call to a camp. FCV was outnumbered by other local clubs in this particular camp call up and deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      One FCV player made the cut for California. Having watched this player she absolutely fits the mold of what US Soccer is looking for in a forward. She is a talented athlete and deserving of the call to a camp. FCV was outnumbered by other local clubs in this particular camp call up and deservedly so.
      Unfortunately deserving or not, that player will have the stigma of her association with FCV due to the scout.

Comment

Unfortunately deserving or not, that player will have the stigma of her association with FCV due to the scout.
        No she won’t.

I don’t dispute that DD should have recused herself from scouting her kids age group. Your interactions with US Soccer should have kept to that issue alone but your emails read as personal attacks and were unhinged rants devoid of any true points that served your argument well.

This was a case where your main point was right but your methods discredited any valid points you attempted to raise.

Comment

No she won’t.

I don’t dispute that DD should have recused herself from scouting her kids age group. Your interactions with US Soccer should have kept to that issue alone but your emails read as personal attacks and were unhinged rants devoid of any true points that served your argument well.

This was a case where your main point was right but your methods discredited any valid points you attempted to raise.
          not my emails. But I agree w pp. definitely a stigma. I think for those in the know, the daughters selection was a head scratcher

Comment

Did you notice that BP was removed as a scout? I wonder why…

Comment

No she won’t.

respectfully disagree. Any player from fcv will have the stigma. Did she really deserve it or was it political. This issue will not just disappear. It will be resolved at some point and players unfortunately will suffer the embarrassment

Comment

respectfully disagree. Any player from fcv will have the stigma. Did she really deserve it or was it political. This issue will not just disappear. It will be resolved at some point and players unfortunately will suffer the embarrassment
                Nah, US Soccer doesn’t care about the “stigma” of a club. They scout players and at a certain level, once there the player can either play or not.

DD can certainly get players into a training center but I don’t believe she has enough sway to get kids much further based on her word.

And as long as the players produce they could care less what club they come from. Are there kids overlooked? Yup, but that happens at the Training Center level. There is a bit of fake it till
                you make it but club affiliation doesn’t matter past a certain point.

Comment

Nah, US Soccer doesn’t care about the “stigma” of a club. They scout players and at a certain level, once there the player can either play or not.

DD can certainly get players into a training center but I don’t believe she has enough sway to get kids much further based on her word.

And as long as the players produce they could care less what club they come from. Are there kids overlooked? Yup, but that happens at the Training Center level. There is a bit of fake it till
                  you make it but club affiliation doesn’t matter past a certain point.

nope. These political selections will never make it past camp. That’s not their expectation. They just want the camp selection on their credentials. I believe most if not all coaches know this now but also want to marketing of recruiting a “uswnt” camp invite. Once this is exposed, everyone on this fake train will be exposed. The players who were not in on the scheme but benefitted will be collateral damage to their reputations, for life. May not matter when their 30 and working a desk job but if they are future coaches. The stigma will stay with them as long as google remembers

Comment

That thread has been forwarded to Skip Gilbert and the head coaches of every major college coach on the east coast. We need to eradicate this corruption

Comment

That thread has been forwarded to Skip Gilbert and the head coaches of every major college coach on the east coast. We need to eradicate this corruption
                      If your kid is still in the club system and has any ambition of playing in college you did some pretty heavy damage to her chances by doing that.

Comment

If your kid is still in the club system and has any ambition of playing in college you did some pretty heavy damage to her chances by doing that.
                        how so? Wouldn’t these coaches want to know what’s going on here?

Comment

how so? Wouldn’t these coaches want to know what’s going on here?
                          College coaches don't care about US Soccer but they do care about taking on a player who's parent looks to be a giant PIA.

Comment

College coaches don't care about US Soccer but they do care about taking on a player who's parent looks to be a giant PIA.
                            How would you know? Besides, if that’s the downside…consider me shaking in my boots.

Comment

How would you know? Besides, if that’s the downside…consider me shaking in my boots.
                              Unless you coach at a top power 5 program where you are consistently recruiting players from the National Team college coaches do not care what US Soccer as an organization does apart from being a fan like you or me. If they are scouts for US Soccer or in other ways are a part of US Soccer as an organization they have their own concerns. They are too busy with their own workflow to be concerned with the politics that affect .0001% of the total players out there and .000001% of the players they are even going to bother to recruit.

And as far as the programs who do recruit NT players they have their own eyes to believe or not to believe when they see a player. They are looking at players they are going to see almost every day for four years. NT politics do not concern them at all because they don't play a part in their day to day life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X