Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message from FCV BP to BRYC

LB, before this thread is pulled, take this to heart if you return to youth soccer.

Apologize for your wrongdoing, publicly and to the club. In writing and in person. BRYC is not "your" club and you have to earn back any respect. Take responsibility. Own your failures. What you did for a few girls in 1999 has been eclipsed by the embarrassment at Spirit.

Tell the families you know using demeaning nicknames is wrong and that you did it with kids and professionals alike. Tell us why you're committed to a positive learning environment for the kids. Tell us how you'll be accountable if your bad acts return. Commit to being better, then do it.

Realize you're lucky to have any place in the game anymore, much less with any female or child. You know your soccer, but I can assure you the parents will be watching you like a hawk and will not tolerate even one ounce of demeaning or disrespectful behavior toward the girls. TM and MD, that goes for you, too. No more bad behavior, covering for it, or making it seem as though you're preparing the girls for college coaches who will somehow be expected to be even worse.

Soccer is The Beautiful Game. Do you have any of that beauty in you? Show us.

Fair point. No merger. BP and CZ to be TDs. FCV to fold. TSJ to sponsor bryc.

Why would TSJ sponsor BRYC when they own their own club? Why would a gym sponsor a soccer club instead of owning it?

as you know, bridges have been burned and are clearly irreparable. I’ve supported you through these hires but as you also know, not too many people lining up for this role at this level of compensation. You also know TSJ’s involvement is for exposure. No financial dividend asked for or provided. Plus, the geographical synergies are in play here. I hope you stay on with the new package to be offered. Should be compelling given where you are at today. Don’t be naïve to think that there are not discussions about the links to Spirit.

You are seriously negotiating a low ball offer with me over DCUM?

Between ED, MB and SR. Yes but not a low ball. We value what you bring to the table and want the partnership to continue.

What partnership do we have if I’m not included in the talks and am being negotiated with over an anonymous forum? Why kind of legitimate company conducts business this way?

Comment

This is the final step in a BRYC and FCV merger. FCV needs fields space and on the girls side, LB will run the youth ages. TM will run the older ages. BP will be the TD for the girls ecnl. Plan is to combine the Fairfax and Annandale fields. CZ to TD boys. BW to run older ages. AB to run younger ages. TT is out despite the connection to BP and LB. Will maintain BRYC branding. FCV closing out and *chefs kiss* end of GAL in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        LB, before this thread is pulled, take this to heart if you return to youth soccer.

Apologize for your wrongdoing, publicly and to the club. In writing and in person. BRYC is not "your" club and you have to earn back any respect. Take responsibility. Own your failures. What you did for a few girls in 1999 has been eclipsed by the embarrassment at Spirit.

Tell the families you know using demeaning nicknames is wrong and that you did it with kids and professionals alike. Tell us why you're committed to a positive learning environment for the kids. Tell us how you'll be accountable if your bad acts return. Commit to being better, then do it.

Realize you're lucky to have any place in the game anymore, much less with any female or child. You know your soccer, but I can assure you the parents will be watching you like a hawk and will not tolerate even one ounce of demeaning or disrespectful behavior toward the girls. TM and MD, that goes for you, too. No more bad behavior, covering for it, or making it seem as though you're preparing the girls for college coaches who will somehow be expected to be even worse.

Soccer is The Beautiful Game. Do you have any of that beauty in you? Show us.

Is this really BP?

Comment

Is this really BP?
          Apparently he knew that he could take down the DCUM thread but someone reposted here. It’s nasty considering FCV has other ex-Spirit coaches on staff

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/09/22/w...n-spirit-workplace-women-nwsl/

“ Burke had acted abusively to youth players”

“ Torres left the team after making inappropriate sexual comments to players ”

Comment

If BP went to BRYC some parents would follow but many will not. He lied to parents and TSJ about the potential of GA in a effort to keep teams together. Most people could see GA for what it was, a bridge league to keep kids in the recruiting process on track.

FCV’s successful teams were well established before BP arrived but the teams in the youngest age groups are barely competitive. This is due to several factors, FCV’s non-existent Rec program.

Under BP’s watch FCV lost the boys side to a competing club who then purchased Evergreen, kicking FCV out of Loudoun. They hired a former disgraced Spirit coach. They were the prior employer of disgraced Spirit coach Burke.

They have no fields, no youth player pool, participate in a second rate failing league.

Comment

Is this really BP?
                No, BP did not author the original post. I did.

Comment

No, BP did not author the original post. I did.
                  nice try. Not so bold when you can’t censor the forum

Comment

You are all f’ing idiots. LB was ceo and he set the culture that RB and TT got caught up in. We hiring TT after he assured us that he would NOT make any sexually advances and comments to the players. People deserve second chances. One mistake should not end someone’s career. If these girls are to successful in life, they have to be well equipped to deal with the harsh realities of college soccer and life in general. These parents are doing the job of preparing them. To make a team perform at the highest levels, pressure is needed to create diamonds. If you don’t get that then you have no idea. Enjoy your **** club and bottom of the bracket standing across all age groups.

Comment

Why isn’t FC Virginia playing in the Jefferson cup?

They are. And guess who’s not in the top bracket for 07g? Loudoun. What a bunch of losers and crooks.

People were warned that Loudoun was worse than the feces expelled by rats. People laughed it off. People are still paying money to be “trained” by Loudoun. People are still believing we are in a “deadly” pandemic. What’s new, doc?

Comment

He apparently likes to post sh*t on other teams on DCUM - particularly vda, bryc and especially Loudoun and then gets threads deleted?

Anyone know why he does this? I don’t know him but any thoughts on pros vs cons? Apparently he never played competitive soccer and relies on his wife’s resume for credibility.
                        01/25/2022 23:24
                        Subject: FCV GA Director
                        Anonymous
                        Anonymous wrote:He apparently likes to post sh*t on other teams on DCUM - particularly vda, bryc and especially Loudoun and then gets threads deleted?

Anyone know why he does this? I don’t know him but any thoughts on pros vs cons? Apparently he never played competitive soccer and relies on his wife’s resume for credibility.

lol well done, sir/ma'am
                        01/25/2022 23:31
                        Anonymous
                        I’ve seen what he posted on TSoccer. Just hateful and full of anger. What’s his deal? Those that know him believe it’s his low pay compared to other coaches and that he feels that he is performing better than those coaches. Others believe that he cannot come to terms that he is riding on his wife’s coattails and will never be taken as a serious candidate for a college role.
                        01/25/2022 23:41
                        Anonymous
                        I think it’s the built up regret for past poor behaviour and pressure to keep up the house of cards he has built. The lies and need to gaslight everyone to his script so you don’t look closer at exactly what he has done to a once great club that is in a decline under his watch. He knows no other serious club would take him on after what he’s doing to FCV.

Comment

My DD likes him as a coach. Definitely has favorites and wants to win at any cost. I also like him in my limited interactions with him but definitely something off. Can’t put my finger on it but you can see it in the eyes.
                          01/25/2022 23:50
                          Anonymous
                          Nothing wrong taking a back seat to a wife bringing in the bacon. I work pt from home while the wife is a senior executive. I can cook really good now and appreciate hanging with the other moms in the neighborhood. Wouldn’t trade it for anything.
                          01/25/2022 23:53
                          Anonymous
                          Nope. He’s just pissed about ecnl. Thought he had the upper hand w DA. Now permanently on the outside and knows he can’t be the best youth girls soccer director of a club not in the top league. Funny that he won’t try for boys youth soccer but we all know that he couldn’t really coach youth boys. Too technical and sophisticated and boys are harder to control.

Comment

There’s one thing those clubs have in common. Ecnl. And this is his competition for talent as he has to recruit talent bc there is no development going on at fcv. Gets harder to poach top talent when you’re a GAL club. Hence, the trolling of these clubs. That’s why there’s special hate for Loudoun. He knows he can’t touch MYS coaches or accomplishments so he holds off on them.
                            01/26/2022 00:16
                            Anonymous
                            My guess is that the club is moving to Annandale and Springfield bc of TSJ. So the knives are out for bryc. I also guess he won’t tell parents until deposits are cashed for next season.
                            01/26/2022 00:21
                            Anonymous
                            Anonymous wrote:There’s one thing those clubs have in common. Ecnl. And this is his competition for talent as he has to recruit talent bc there is no development going on at fcv. Gets harder to poach top talent when you’re a GAL club. Hence, the trolling of these clubs. That’s why there’s special hate for Loudoun. He knows he can’t touch MYS coaches or accomplishments so he holds off on them.

Wrong. He thinks he will get the post at MYS when the current MYS TD retires. Who doesn’t want to just be handed (another) top club and claim success.
                            01/26/2022 00:23
                            Anonymous
                            Anonymous wrote:
                            Anonymous wrote:There’s one thing those clubs have in common. Ecnl. And this is his competition for talent as he has to recruit talent bc there is no development going on at fcv. Gets harder to poach top talent when you’re a GAL club. Hence, the trolling of these clubs. That’s why there’s special hate for Loudoun. He knows he can’t touch MYS coaches or accomplishments so he holds off on them.

Wrong. He thinks he will get the post at MYS when the current MYS TD retires. Who doesn’t want to just be handed (another) top club and claim success.

Success begets success.
                            01/26/2022 00:47
                            Anonymous
                            I’d like to hear why FCV can’t get back into ecnl. They were a founding club for the league. Is that why there is so much hate for staff in Richmond?
                            01/26/2022 00:52
                            Anonymous
                            I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of these ECNL parents aren’t posting simply to get the DA girls to move to ECNL to increase their chances of making an FCV team. From experience, people in this area are screwballs.
                            01/26/2022 00:54
                            Anonymous
                            As a long timer as a FCV parent. These posts are well discussed amongst the parents. Nothing new here. But most families including ourselves are in too deep to risk moving to another club.
                            01/26/2022 00:56
                            Anonymous
                            Anonymous wrote:I’d like to hear why FCV can’t get back into ecnl. They were a founding club for the league. Is that why there is so much hate for staff in Richmond?

Rumour has it that someone at FCV was not very professional with the league. Too many demands regarding other clubs and future entrants into the league. Overplayed their hand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X