Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayside 08 girls

every year older Bayside girls teams get worse and worse as their top players leave for ECNL. There isn't 1 girl left on the 08's that could even crack an ECNL team going forward. Not even close. Whoever is left on the Bayside 08 team is stuck for good at Bayside. They will be known as Bayside lifers. A good mid level club team that plays in an absolutely terrible Impact League with little competition.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    every year older Bayside girls teams get worse and worse as their top players leave for ECNL. There isn't 1 girl left on the 08's that could even crack an ECNL team going forward. Not even close. Whoever is left on the Bayside 08 team is stuck for good at Bayside. They will be known as Bayside lifers. A good mid level club team that plays in an absolutely terrible Impact League with little competition.
    You should be happy that Rhody girls are good enough to move on to ECNL teams. RI will never get a ECNL designation, we are not geographically big enough and plus MA ECNL clubs will never allow if us to have one bc they will lose out on rhody girls. Middle level club is ok with Bayside and the girls they have. Believe or not some current girls are good enough to be on an ECNL team but choose to stay with Bayside bc they don’t want the travel commitments. Nothing wrong with that since Bayside has a track record of placing girls in D1, D2 & D3 colleges anyway.

Comment

This post is bonkers and weirdly specific toward one small group of girls.

That said, time IS running out for the incoming U14 and U15 Bayside girls who are interested in pushing themselves. Spots on the top teams at NEFC, Stars and Scorpions are harder to come by with every passing year and the Bayside girls will start falling further behind playing the other Impact teams.

Comment

This post is bonkers and weirdly specific toward one small group of girls.

That said, time IS running out for the incoming U14 and U15 Bayside girls who are interested in pushing themselves. Spots on the top teams at NEFC, Stars and Scorpions are harder to come by with every passing year and the Bayside girls will start falling further behind playing the other Impact teams.
        Clearly the OP is playing Stephen A Smith to get a reaction. Either a very angry former parent or a troll.

Regarding time running out. That is mentioned often as a recruiting pitch. Some advice, if daughter can’t make ecnl (forget about Nefc given their league situation) at U15 then they should stay at bayside or surf. For those that leave early to lock up a spot….news flash…clubs will always look to find better players and if you are not starter you are always at risk of ending up on the regional team.

Between bayside and surf 08 groups, plenty of talent left a handful of which are ecnl quality players.

Comment

Looks like JB just found out PB is only coaching 08 now and therefore will focus his anger on that group of 12 / 13 year old girls.

Comment

Clearly the OP is playing Stephen A Smith to get a reaction. Either a very angry former parent or a troll.

Regarding time running out. That is mentioned often as a recruiting pitch. Some advice, if daughter can’t make ecnl (forget about Nefc given their league situation) at U15 then they should stay at bayside or surf. For those that leave early to lock up a spot….news flash…clubs will always look to find better players and if you are not starter you are always at risk of ending up on the regional team.

Between bayside and surf 08 groups, plenty of talent left a handful of which are ecnl quality players.
            This isn't picking on bayside, but with my daughter playing bayside a few times in Impact this past year there wasn't 1 girl that stood out to me from Bayside. Overall as a team Bayside 08 was pretty good, but I assume the OP was talking about top girls at Bayside are not good enough to play at the ECNL level. Nothing wrong with that. That 08 Bayside team is in the perfect league for them. I’d imagine this bayside team will all stick together for the long haul now.

Comment

This isn't picking on bayside, but with my daughter playing bayside a few times in Impact this past year there wasn't 1 girl that stood out to me from Bayside. Overall as a team Bayside 08 was pretty good, but I assume the OP was talking about top girls at Bayside are not good enough to play at the ECNL level. Nothing wrong with that. That 08 Bayside team is in the perfect league for them. I’d imagine this bayside team will all stick together for the long haul now.
              Thanks for your expert synopsis dad.
              I love to hear "time is running out" - that's one of my favorite ECNL lines.

Comment

Thanks "dad" for your scouting analysis. Perhaps GA / ECNL coaches will read this and stop trying to recruit bayside players.

Comment

Interesting they must have one heck of a coach considering they had a win and a tie in games against ECNL clubs this past season. Not to mention they tied Aztecs (who recently beat another ECNL club and were the best 08 in NE this past year) the last two times they played.

I

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3042023]Interesting they must have one heck of a coach considering they had a win and a tie in games against ECNL clubs this past season. Not to mention they tied Aztecs (who recently beat another ECNL club and were the best 08 in NE this past year) the last two times they played.

Aztec, best 08 in NE? According to who/what?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3042061]
                      Interesting they must have one heck of a coach considering they had a win and a tie in games against ECNL clubs this past season. Not to mention they tied Aztecs (who recently beat another ECNL club and were the best 08 in NE this past year) the last two times they played.

Aztec, best 08 in NE? According to who/what?
                      Aztec was clearly the top 08 team by record and head to head. This includes GA and Ecnl.

Comment

Looks like JB just found out PB is only coaching 08 now and therefore will focus his anger on that group of 12 / 13 year old girls.
                        LOL. If that is true it's yet another page in a sad Saga. The 07's are getting a promising new coach from PC. If some of the stronger Surf players jumped to Bayside, that could be a very good group.

Comment

If some of the stronger Surf players jumped to Bayside, that could be a very good group.
                          If, if, if...

They would be a good (better?) group that still plays in a terrible league against terrible competition (minus Aztecs).

Comment

If, if, if...

They would be a good (better?) group that still plays in a terrible league against terrible competition (minus Aztecs).
                            DPL is no better. So we are back to everyone should play for Scorpions

Comment

DPL is no better. So we are back to everyone should play for Scorpions
                              Too...many...leagues. There's no reason why DPL and Impact teams shouldn't be playing in one league. Makes no sense. Then there would be three levels. ECNL, GA and then that league.

Until then, yes, the best of our girls should be looking to play with and against the best soccer they can find. Whether that's NEFC (GA) in Mendon or Scorpions (ECNL) in Taunton which are the two that make the most sense based on location.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X