Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Liga Finals

Anyone catch any good games at the finals?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone catch any good games at the finals?
    You mean bruno vs baysidefc games.
    Roster should be made public so people can see what a Joke Superliga has become.

Comment

Roster should be made public so people can see what a Joke Superliga has become.
      signed, mad surf parent

Comment

signed, mad surf parent
        We forgot Liverpool too.

Comment

people should either fix the rules to be fair for everyone or else stop complaining about which "town team" is taking advantage of the rules better than they are

Comment

people should either fix the rules to be fair for everyone or else stop complaining about which "town team" is taking advantage of the rules better than they are

You want fair for everyone? Play for whatever "town" you want, or let any team enter and not be associated with a town. There would be no issues. There are many reasons that these teams of all club players exist. It definitely is not about the trophy, at least for my player. It seems the ones calling out these teams are the trophy chasers. Why would you not want competitive games vs these teams? There are different divisions in Super Liga. It's a very small state, if you can't figure it out because you don't know these teams, that is what REC soccer is for. Put in the effort, and put your team in the correct bracket in Super Liga, and go have fun.

Comment

You want fair for everyone? Play for whatever "town" you want, or let any team enter and not be associated with a town. There would be no issues. There are many reasons that these teams of all club players exist. It definitely is not about the trophy, at least for my player. It seems the ones calling out these teams are the trophy chasers. Why would you not want competitive games vs these teams? There are different divisions in Super Liga. It's a very small state, if you can't figure it out because you don't know these teams, that is what REC soccer is for. Put in the effort, and put your team in the correct bracket in Super Liga, and go have fun.

Comment

Our team won Saturday as a quasi club team. We played in classic. Not sure why. Most of the team parents did not know or even care we were in a low division....all smiles.
                Do I feel bad yes to some degree. Our coach stated he wanted to get the girls some positive games after a tough club season. Sometimes it is managing what is best for your people, others really don't matter in todays society.

Comment

You want fair for everyone? Play for whatever "town" you want, or let any team enter and not be associated with a town. There would be no issues.
                  I have no issues with any of those as long as the rules are clearly stated and everyone who agreed they were fair and voted on them doesn't complain when the rules end up benefitting someone else more.

The "free team" model may run into a problem because to the best of my understanding the town member clubs are on the hook to hold Rec programs and develop referees to keep the pipeline of youth members going.

Comment

I have no issues with any of those as long as the rules are clearly stated and everyone who agreed they were fair and voted on them doesn't complain when the rules end up benefitting someone else more.

The "free team" model may run into a problem because to the best of my understanding the town member clubs are on the hook to hold Rec programs and develop referees to keep the pipeline of youth members going.

3 levels of soccer from lowest to highest, rec, competitive, club. Super Liga is in competitive. If a team/club in SL does not have a rec program, big deal. The rec players from towns will be told, there is a competitive level called SL. They can decide if they want to try and play that next level. The 2 have nothing to do with each other. Plenty play rec and don't play competitive/SL or club.

Developing referees? Another pointless reason to not let these teams exist. My player currently plays 9v9 in SL. Whether there was 1,2, or 3 refs at a game, the cost was $72.00. You want more refs to pick from rather than developing them? It's SL, have 2 refs, make it $100.00 per game (which is split between the 2 teams). Now you will have plenty of refs to choose from, as they are getting $50 per game each, CASH. Which by the way, would come out to $1.00 more per game per player, $8.00 total per player for each season.

With all the finger pointing on here, I am simply looking for someone to give a legitimate reason for these teams not to exist.

Comment

3 levels of soccer from lowest to highest, rec, competitive, club. Super Liga is in competitive. If a team/club in SL does not have a rec program, big deal. The rec players from towns will be told, there is a competitive level called SL. They can decide if they want to try and play that next level. The 2 have nothing to do with each other. Plenty play rec and don't play competitive/SL or club.

Developing referees? Another pointless reason to not let these teams exist. My player currently plays 9v9 in SL. Whether there was 1,2, or 3 refs at a game, the cost was $72.00. You want more refs to pick from rather than developing them? It's SL, have 2 refs, make it $100.00 per game (which is split between the 2 teams). Now you will have plenty of refs to choose from, as they are getting $50 per game each, CASH. Which by the way, would come out to $1.00 more per game per player, $8.00 total per player for each season.

With all the finger pointing on here, I am simply looking for someone to give a legitimate reason for these teams not to exist.
                      Doesn't seem like the leadership of these associations are doing their part in developing players . If you have to have a player from Massachusetts or players from three different towns come help you win a trophy then you are the definition of a looser not a winner.
                      Those medals mean nothing.

Comment

Rec/developmental programs are what feed competitive. Obviously many play rec and don't go on to competitive--that's how it works. Also, unless something's changed, Soccer-RI REQUIRES full members to have developmental programs exactly to keep the (much thinner) competitive pipeline going.

It's apparently quite hard to get refs for many of the weekends despite what sounds like good pay. The training requirements (and fees), time and travel commitments might have something to do with it, but I'm hearing abusive parents (and coaches) as being a major reason why young refs, especially, aren't sticking with it.

As for two refs? Which offside line is the AR going to watch?

I don't know whose finger you think is pointing where. All I've said from the beginning is that people either need to fix the rules or just shut up and accept things as they are.

Comment

Doesn't seem like the leadership of these associations are doing their part in developing players . If you have to have a player from Massachusetts or players from three different towns come help you win a trophy then you are the definition of a looser not a winner.

As expected, you bring it back to the trophy, smh. You want your player to develop, it certainly will not happen in rec or SL, go play club, that's where you truly develop the player. As long as you choose the right club. But keep hanging your debate on trophies...

Comment

If your team comes from three towns with 100 people each and you beat a team from a little "town" like Providence or some other place that's well-off enough to pay for professional coaches, then what's the big deal? Isn't that a win?

What if the player lives across the street in Fall River? Is it like some big deal that they play on your Tiverton team or whatever? Are Mass players way better or something? (Ok, maybe don't answer that.)

Comment

As expected, you bring it back to the trophy, smh. You want your player to develop, it certainly will not happen in rec or SL, go play club, that's where you truly develop the player. As long as you choose the right club. But keep hanging your debate on trophies...
                              Plenty of "top" club players have been developed through rec, superliga, odd, etc. before they eventually moved on to club soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X