Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayside tryouts are an exercise in shame.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayside tryouts are an exercise in shame.

What kind of self-respecting club holds tryouts for kids over 12 y.o. from other clubs?!
    Aren't you supposed to develop your own players? Why am I paying well over $2,500 per year, spend hundreds of hours driving my child back and forth to watch the incompetently-coached team practice and play mediocre soccer? And now, on top of this misery, they have the temerity to hold open tryouts for kids 10-18 from other clubs.
    Bayside, you are reading this, and you know the proper term for what you are doing...it's only business.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What kind of self-respecting club holds tryouts for kids over 12 y.o. from other clubs?!
    Aren't you supposed to develop your own players? Why am I paying well over $2,500 per year, spend hundreds of hours driving my child back and forth to watch the incompetently-coached team practice and play mediocre soccer? And now, on top of this misery, they have the temerity to hold open tryouts for kids 10-18 from other clubs.
    Bayside, you are reading this, and you know the proper term for what you are doing...it's only business.
    This is a bizarre rant.

Comment

This is a bizarre rant.
      Uh, what club doesn't do this?

Comment

Let me example it to you in plain language. Some players in the age groups are out up to par so spots are available. Get it!!!!

Comment

Literally every club holds tryouts. Every. Single. One. Making a club soccer team isn’t a lifetime appointment. You need to keep your spot.

Don’t ever let your kid play on a high level team. Outside players will be coming to practice all spring trying to get a spot. It’s not for everyone.

Comment

This is a bizarre rant.
            It reads more like weak trolling. But seemingly it worked...

Comment

and...............you are just realizing this???? Bayside is a complete and utter joke. For those 10-18 girls you mentioned...........run fast away from IMPACT NPL!

Comment

and...............you are just realizing this???? Bayside is a complete and utter joke. For those 10-18 girls you mentioned...........run fast away from IMPACT NPL!
                The rumor has it that Bayside is just select's little b*tch and they do whatever LL and select tells them to do these days. Bayside for all the baloney you take on ts about being over rated and a terrible club soccer program at least stick up for yourselves and do what's best for your program and not what's best for LL! Select has become your dominant step mom and you do whatever she wants you to. Hey bayside....that is a very bad look!

Comment

What are these people talking about?
                  Open tryouts? Yes all clubs have tryouts every year in June duh.
                  I know players who went and were offered spots.
                  It’s all normal.
                  This thread is a BS thread.

Comment

What are these people talking about?
                    Open tryouts? Yes all clubs have tryouts every year in June duh.
                    I know players who went and were offered spots.
                    It’s all normal.
                    This thread is a BS thread.
                    It is the responsibility of parents to make good decisions as to which best fit their kids. Clubs are willing to offer spots to players that they think are a good fit.

Comment

Some Bayside parents are talking of the Regional SCNL team their sons were placed on. Is this just another league for weak players?
                      So, instead of telling little Timmy's parents that their son doesn't belong on the ECNL squad, they make up an ersatz ECNL league to keep milking the parents?

Comment

Let me ask you, do you want your son to play in SCNL or NECSL? Make your decision and move on. ECNL is for second tier players just below MLS NEXT which Bayside is a member for U13-14. I have seen NECSL and it is not pretty.

Comment

Let me ask you, do you want your son to play in SCNL or NECSL? Make your decision and move on. ECNL is for second tier players just below MLS NEXT which Bayside is a member for U13-14. I have seen NECSL and it is not pretty.
                          MLS Next is a ninth tier league. If you kid has real talent (i.e. could play for Stanford), go to Europe for a few years, then come back.

Comment

MLS Next is a ninth tier league. If you kid has real talent (i.e. could play for Stanford), go to Europe for a few years, then come back.
                            NO ONE in RI is talented enough to play for a true elite D1 soccer program like Stanford. They wind up a dog programs at sad schools.

Comment

NO ONE in RI is talented enough to play for a true elite D1 soccer program like Stanford. They wind up a dog programs at sad schools.

That's a pretty broad statement. Would love to know who you are so that we can all gain the knowledge you have about EVERY player in RI. Either you hoped your kid would be that one and has not become that one, or your kid was never going to have a shot to be that one, and you are on here trolling and spitting rhetoric about your depressive state of mind on how your player has not developed as you hoped he/she would have.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X