Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls Coaches at Bayside for 21-22 Season

Any word on who will coach 04 Girls next year? I heard CF is out. What about 06 and 07? Any changes?

Bayside

CC to stay with 06
    PB demoted to U8 & U9

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      CC to stay with 06
      PB demoted to U8 & U9

U8? Must be the only club that starts at u8. Interesting

Comment

U8? Must be the only club that starts at u8. Interesting
        actually that is factually incorrect. Down in Florida and Texas they have leagues for U-5. I know it's hard to understand but Everything doesn't start and end in Rhode Island club soccer. There are actually other states that also play club soccer, not just Rhode Island.

Comment

actually that is factually incorrect. Down in Florida and Texas they have leagues for U-5. I know it's hard to understand but Everything doesn't start and end in Rhode Island club soccer. There are actually other states that also play club soccer, not just Rhode Island.

Actually, it was a serious question. I have never heard of any club in New England having a u8 club team. Unless they are playing them up in u9 or have a mix of u8/u9 players. Then yes, you are correct on that. However, there is no club league in New England that has a u8 division. So my question is, how is PB coaching a u8 team other than playing them up in u9? Is that the case?

Comment

Bayside

Actually, it was a serious question. I have never heard of any club in New England having a u8 club team. Unless they are playing them up in u9 or have a mix of u8/u9 players. Then yes, you are correct on that. However, there is no club league in New England that has a u8 division. So my question is, how is PB coaching a u8 team other than playing them up in u9? Is that the case?
            PB is only being allowed to work with Jr Academy.

Comment

Why is he being demoted?

Comment

He is probably running it, which is hardly a demotion.

Comment

He is probably running it, which is hardly a demotion.

Well, hopefully he does not scream at these u littles like he does the teen groups. That could be traumatizing to the littles

Comment

Well, hopefully he does not scream at these u littles like he does the teen groups. That could be traumatizing to the littles
                    I love how you Surf morons always criticize PB's coaching style. Personally I prefer a coach who is vocal and teaches the game in the moment. That style has worked well with my daughter over the years. You prefer LR being silent and never coaching? That works great when your team is stacked relative to the competition like in Pumas Super Liga games.

Comment

I love how you Surf morons always criticize PB's coaching style. Personally I prefer a coach who is vocal and teaches the game in the moment. That style has worked well with my daughter over the years. You prefer LR being silent and never coaching? That works great when your team is stacked relative to the competition like in Pumas Super Liga games.
                      Wow, you equate coaching with yelling at the players during a game? The point is to prepare the players for game conditions so you don't have to do that. And I don't like either of the coaches by the way.

Comment

Wow, you equate coaching with yelling at the players during a game? The point is to prepare the players for game conditions so you don't have to do that. And I don't like either of the coaches by the way.

Correct... Teaching is for practice, games are to show what you learned in practice. Does your teacher at school stand over you during a test and correct you? No, they do not. If your coach is yelling at you during a game, either he didn't do his job at training, or you didn't pay attention at training, which the coach should be well aware of and take care of that issue before the next game.

Comment

Correct... Teaching is for practice, games are to show what you learned in practice. Does your teacher at school stand over you during a test and correct you? No, they do not. If your coach is yelling at you during a game, either he didn't do his job at training, or you didn't pay attention at training, which the coach should be well aware of and take care of that issue before the next game.
                          Surf staff full of losers get a life, instead of being worried of someone else’s. PB does a good job you been looking to bad mouth him all year because you know he’s killing your pay check for membership. Give it a break and try to make your club better because it’s ****

Comment

I have been coaching for 10 years. While I think that constant jabbering is not productive, precise directions on shape, switching opportunities, etc. are crucial to learning the game. These directions are a lingo created in practice that enhances soccer IQ and cues players in the moment. If your coach says nothing or very little on gameday, he/she is missing those teaching opportunities. I mean really?!? There are managers at big European clubs that shout out directions to their teams. This "coaches should be silent on gameday" is just stupid and is perpetuated by parents of kids that have gotten on teams where they are over their head.

Comment

The ignorance is astounding in this post. First, development happens in practice. If PB was doing his job in training sessions, he wouldn't feel the need to scream at kids during matches. Second, in my experience players know when the screw up and don't need a coach (or parents) telling them. Third, players need to learn to make their own decisions on the field, under pressure. Joysticking their decisions or worse, screaming at them when they make the wrong one is the exact opposite of development and actually kills any creativity a player may have, not to mention create undue stress when the kids are playing "A GAME".

So yeah, the reason he is getting put in charge of ulittles is because that's all the club trusts him with at this point. It's mostly babysitting... herding cats if you will, and id'ing the best ulittles to grab for their competitive teams in later years. No coach who has spent much time in 11v11 with older players really wants to go down and manage ulittles. It isn't coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X