Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for the right fit

Hi y'all! We just moved here from Texas and are looking for the right fit for my twin daughters. They played in a highly competitive league in Texas and we want the same environment for them here. One plays forward and the other is a midfielder. The forward is usually the fastest player on the pitch and has a nose for the goal. The midfield is super- athletic and has spectacular vision up and down the field. She always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. Can you point us to a club where they will get great training and play in a competitive league. I want the team to be champion quality but at the same time I don't want them to be in a league or division where every game is a blowout. BTW they are both 11. A bonus would be if the parents of the team are supportive of the coaches and the other players. Thanks in advance!

Go to Massachusetts...there is nothing in RI

Comment

Bayside has a strong 2009 team. They are in east providence. What part of the state are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hi y'all! We just moved here from Texas and are looking for the right fit for my twin daughters. They played in a highly competitive league in Texas and we want the same environment for them here. One plays forward and the other is a midfielder. The forward is usually the fastest player on the pitch and has a nose for the goal. The midfield is super- athletic and has spectacular vision up and down the field. She always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. Can you point us to a club where they will get great training and play in a competitive league. I want the team to be champion quality but at the same time I don't want them to be in a league or division where every game is a blowout. BTW they are both 11. A bonus would be if the parents of the team are supportive of the coaches and the other players. Thanks in advance!
        I enjoy the "Hi y'all". Definitely a nice touch to sell the TX angle. Personally I would have gone with something more original like "We're from Minnesooota". The RI board is pretty gullible so I can see this overused thread ploy getting some play. Gee I wonder if it will be a battle between the Surf and Bayside parents?

PS The "super athletic and spectacular vision" is always a crowd pleaser. LOL. 11 year olds...haha.

Comment

I enjoy the "Hi y'all". Definitely a nice touch to sell the TX angle. Personally I would have gone with something more original like "We're from Minnesooota". The RI board is pretty gullible so I can see this overused thread ploy getting some play. Gee I wonder if it will be a battle between the Surf and Bayside parents?

PS The "super athletic and spectacular vision" is always a crowd pleaser. LOL. 11 year olds...haha.
          There sure seem to be a lot of star soccer playing twin girls out there...

Comment

Bayside has a strong 2009 team. They are in east providence. What part of the state are you in?
            We live in Cranston...is their CLCF program strong?

Comment

I have heard as much. When do they practice? I'd like to check it out.

Comment

We live in Cranston...is their CLCF program strong?
                Stay away, stay far far away!

Comment

Stay away from Juventus they are sheisters and basically GPS retreads who charge a premium for sub par service, just like GPS. Same coaches, same players. Same BS, only now you get to travel to CT more because they play EDP instead of NEP/NPL. Girls getting lit up in DPL should also be a warning sign given DPL was the 2nd league for the stronger clubs and Juve 1st teams can’t hang there.

Comment

Bayside...hands down!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X