Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice

This is our first time looking at premiere. Tried out at Lusitana, Bruno, and Bayside. Son made Lusitana and lowest level team in his age group at Bruno. (We had figured he wouldn't make Bayside FC, but he wanted the challenge of trying out.) We just really want him to be challenged more by similar-level peers and get some decent playtime. Lusitana has made some recent administrative changes that makes me think they're moving in a good direction...But, I honestly have no idea which is the better option for him...? (For the record, we're not the "my kid is getting a soccer scholarship" types or the "my kid is going to be the next Messi type." We just want him to be a little more challenged and get some good coaching. Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks!

What age? What are your and your sons goals?

Comment

He's a 2000.
      His goal is to challenge himself and play with similar peers.
      Our goal is to just support his goal to be challenged, honestly.

We were just wondering if there was anyone here who'd faced a similar scenario, or had experience with either or both clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        He's a 2000.

We were just wondering if there was anyone here who'd faced a similar scenario, or had experience with either or both clubs.
        I would never recommend playing for a C team

Comment

This is our first time looking at premiere. Tried out at Lusitana, Bruno, and Bayside. Son made Lusitana and lowest level team in his age group at Bruno. (We had figured he wouldn't make Bayside FC, but he wanted the challenge of trying out.) We just really want him to be challenged more by similar-level peers and get some decent playtime. Lusitana has made some recent administrative changes that makes me think they're moving in a good direction...But, I honestly have no idea which is the better option for him...? (For the record, we're not the "my kid is getting a soccer scholarship" types or the "my kid is going to be the next Messi type." We just want him to be a little more challenged and get some good coaching. Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks!
          Do you know who would be his coach? Lusitania plays Maple .Bruno plays NEP.

Bruno has some good B teams since their association with Pawtucket. Lusitania's new director is also Cumberland high school coach ,probably trying to build his high school program through the club so unless your kid from Cumberland I don't think the injection of personnel is going to do much for the level of play.
          Go with team that has the better coach and is going to teach your son the game and improve his skill. Soccer is a beautiful sport and kids can improve immensely in one year under the right environment and coaching.

Comment

His coach for Lusitana would be Joe Laginhas. For Bruno his coach would be Carl Africo.

Comment

I would never recommend playing for a C team
              Can you expand on this? I have no point of reference, so any assistance you can offer would be great.

Comment

Can you expand on this? I have no point of reference, so any assistance you can offer would be great.
                At your son's age I would advise getting him a private coach to work on his technical skills beside choosing a team to play on. In doing so his club and high school experience will be more meaningful.

Comment

His coach for Lusitana would be Joe Laginhas. For Bruno his coach would be Carl Africo.
                  Both have some decent players .Carl is a good recruiter being the CF High School Coach . Don't know much about Joe. Have your son ask around both coaches have been around so you should be able to find who will teach him and make him better

Comment

Don't be fooled by the brand name. If you were offered a spot on a second or third (C) team you will be paying as much as the first (A) team for an inferior product. Coaching, tournaments and player talent will not be as good as another teams first or A team

Comment

If it's his first time looking at premier and he is a 2000 with no college soccer ambition, I'd say go to Lusitana. It's a good organized club, better than town soccer, they play at a nice turf field in North Smithfield and he will get playing time since they are a Maple team. CA is a good coach. Low level Bruno team is probably not as good as the Lusitana team.

Comment

He's a 2000.

If he's getting such a late start, why do you want to pay for premier

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X