Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lusitana being absorbed by one of the bigger clubs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayside FC should absorb them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Lusitana should absorb Bayside FC.

FIFY

Comment

There is no value in absorb Lusitana and I won't knock the club by going into details.

Comment

There is no value in absorb Lusitana and I won't knock the club by going into details.
          Lusitania is not just a soccer club but a social club. There is no need for them to be absorbed.

They provide value to their customers and they always have coaches who at least know the game. Maybe they don't have the high level licenses or playing experience like some of the other RI clubs but they do meet the needs of many players and parents.

Comment

It would be a step in enlarging the player pools.

Comment

It would be a step in enlarging the player pools.
              Enlarging the players pool only works if you can add quality to the pool. Played them at WWIS and I was not impressed. Unless they have a very good large pool of academy players I would say not a good idea. Based on their Maple teams, the youngest group is U12 so not ideally. All their teams play in the lower Maple divisions so like I said no value will be gain.

Comment

However their social club is a plus.

Comment

They just hired the new Cumberland High school coach and RDS oach as their new technical director.Looks like they are tring to keep the club floating

Comment

Like other posters have mentioned, Lusitana is a good club in terms of what they actually provide. Most teams will be coached by a father of a player, there are no avenues to college coaching. Very affordable and dependable, their teams play in Maple and do other tournaments as well. Good bang for the buck. However, they will never be in any discussion of quality teams. Most rosters are filled with players still looking to play after their town teams have collapsed. A few years ago, they had a few quality teams both on girls and boys side. The larger clubs just poached the better players. They throw a great season ending party though.

Comment

Like other posters have mentioned, Lusitana is a good club in terms of what they actually provide. Most teams will be coached by a father of a player, there are no avenues to college coaching. Very affordable and dependable, their teams play in Maple and do other tournaments as well. Good bang for the buck. However, they will never be in any discussion of quality teams. Most rosters are filled with players still looking to play after their town teams have collapsed. A few years ago, they had a few quality teams both on girls and boys side. The larger clubs just poached the better players. They throw a great season ending party though.
                      Large clubs never poach players. Players choose to leave.

Comment

They just hired the new Cumberland High school coach and RDS oach as their new technical director.Looks like they are tring to keep the club floating
                        That kid is no joke. One of the beat young coaches I have EVER seen with the Revs. Our club worked with him and the kids loved him. I would expect great strides all around as long as he is involved with both the high school and club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X