Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of communication from Bayside FC

With NEFC, GPS, etc. starting to get a foot hold into Rhode Island, why is Bayside FC
    not trying to assert themselves? Website has no useful information, nothing communicated to current parents / players in regards to their plan for next years "age year" change..

It seems that the management of the club has lost interest... They can't just stand by reputation alone.. They were once the only choice, not anymore.

Bayside Fc

I agree, will hate to see Bayside FC turn into the Bayside United. Seems they are only focusing on their new turf field "stadium"...

Comment

Sad after all these efforts to develop the field, secure the only DAP slot only to find out the club falling apart. That is what going to happen. Some on the top players are already been recruited by the top MA clubs and the club has no idea what coming down the pipe. I for one will be heading north and east next year.

Comment

Almost time for Baysie to update the website. You just have to wait until after the State Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          With NEFC, GPS, etc. starting to get a foot hold into Rhode Island, why is Bayside FC
          not trying to assert themselves? Website has no useful information, nothing communicated to current parents / players in regards to their plan for next years "age year" change..

It seems that the management of the club has lost interest... They can't just stand by reputation alone.. They were once the only choice, not anymore.
          We had an experience with this lack of communication a couple years ago. We'd heard that Bayside was going to have tryouts for a boys south team and had our son skip a couple of tryouts for our son to attend Bayside's paid 2-day tryout based on their name and reputation alone. They cashed our check, ran the boys through a BS tryout, and then walked away. No email letting any of the families know about their status, no phone call, nothing on the website...just silence. They didn't even respond to emails. It turned out that they didn't even field a south team. They just collected a few hundred bucks from parents that showed up and went back north.

Eff those guys. Let them rot.

Comment

We had an experience with this lack of communication a couple years ago. We'd heard that Bayside was going to have tryouts for a boys south team and had our son skip a couple of tryouts for our son to attend Bayside's paid 2-day tryout based on their name and reputation alone. They cashed our check, ran the boys through a BS tryout, and then walked away. No email letting any of the families know about their status, no phone call, nothing on the website...just silence. They didn't even respond to emails. It turned out that they didn't even field a south team. They just collected a few hundred bucks from parents that showed up and went back north.

Eff those guys. Let them rot.
            The similar happened to a friend of mine, the difference was it was girls instead of boys and he got a call a month after his girls accepted roster spots. They were screwed for fall season and had to scramble to find another club.

Comment

Our rosters are filled. Your checks have been cashed. Leave if you don't like it. Others will take your place.

Comment

Our rosters are filled. Your checks have been cashed. Leave if you don't like it. Others will take your place.
                Left with no regrets. Suckers can stay. You're not the only game in town, and people are catching on. Bruno is figuring that out too.

Comment

honestly ^ what is wrong with people who post smug things like that?

As a former bayside fc parent, I can tell you that regardless of talent (some teams have
                  it/some teams don't) the mis-management club wide is hurting the organization.

Comment

honestly ^ what is wrong with people who post smug things like that?

As a former bayside fc parent, I can tell you that regardless of talent (some teams have
                    it/some teams don't) the mis-management club wide is hurting the organization.
                    I am responding to the "our rosters are full" quote.

Comment

Too bad. A club with tremendous reputations and accomplishments yet poorly manage. I give it 2 more years. What is regretful is there won't be a RI club option for Rhode Islanders should Bayside falls apart.

Comment

Too bad. A club with tremendous reputations and accomplishments yet poorly manage. I give it 2 more years. What is regretful is there won't be a RI club option for Rhode Islanders should Bayside falls apart.
                        BaysideFc will not fall apart. It is one the few clubs around here that stick to their beliefs and understand development. They are not looking for quantity but instead want to focus on Quality .

They don't spam like GPS does. They don't take below average players like GPS . They don't take below average coaches like Bruno .

They have their own culture and playing style.
                        Just because they don't update their website doesn't mean they have fallen behind the times. I rather have soccer people running my club then marketing people.

Comment

BaysideFc will not fall apart. It is one the few clubs around here that stick to their beliefs and understand development. They are not looking for quantity but instead want to focus on Quality .

They don't spam like GPS does. They don't take below average players like GPS . They don't take below average coaches like Bruno .

They have their own culture and playing style.
                          Just because they don't update their website doesn't mean they have fallen behind the times. I rather have soccer people running my club then marketing people.
                          I agreed they have done a wonderful job at developing players but their biggest fault line lies with their loyalty to a group of parents and their kids. A good team once in awhile needs née infusion of new players. They have a tenancy of holding on to players from a development projectory have hurt their brand because the players are too comfortable and there are no risk of losing their place on the team. Lack of competition = less players develop.

I disagreed with you with regards to marketing. If you don't market your brand will become stalled and failed to compete in a competitive environment. You can still maintain the smallness and have quality to compete with the bigger clubs. However a small club can become complacent and loss its advantage which is the small pool of quality players. The problem is see is they are becoming a development club for the likes of DAP and ECNL clubs which is fine but because they have a smaller net it hurts them when they loss the top players. Their should focus on developing the younger academy teams and create numbers there. They have coaches who are very good at the U8-U11 age groups.

Comment

I agreed they have done a wonderful job at developing players but their biggest fault line lies with their loyalty to a group of parents and their kids. A good team once in awhile needs née infusion of new players. They have a tenancy of holding on to players from a development projectory have hurt their brand because the players are too comfortable and there are no risk of losing their place on the team. Lack of competition = less players develop.

I disagreed with you with regards to marketing. If you don't market your brand will become stalled and failed to compete in a competitive environment. You can still maintain the smallness and have quality to compete with the bigger clubs. However a small club can become complacent and loss its advantage which is the small pool of quality players. The problem is see is they are becoming a development club for the likes of DAP and ECNL clubs which is fine but because they have a smaller net it hurts them when they loss the top players. Their should focus on developing the younger academy teams and create numbers there. They have coaches who are very good at the U8-U11 age groups.
                            You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

This is a VERY fair assessment. Why can't they do both? Why can't you continue to develop players, but at the same time effectively market your club? You have to be able to do both well now. Bayside's competitors are killing them in the marketing/business department. GPS and NEFC are making inroads, particularly with the younger age groups the poster above stated that Bayside should really be focusing on. All you have to do is look at the Got Soccer rankings to see the teams NEFC and GPS have in the area now. Those teams exist now. This was not the case two or three years ago. These kids all used to be Bayside, Bruno or Luisitana.
                              Now Bayside will more than likely dominate the NEP Cup again this year. They will be favorites in almost every age group, but this does not mask the problems that are very close on the horizon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X