Premier team in South County area?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their last 4 graduating classes have gone on and play in colleges. Why have they not update their alumni list. Didn't USSDA awarded Bayside FC the U12 DAP? Again, you are right about their lack of marketing skill. Great to know JMA is following his uncle footsteps. Bayside FC will eventually become another Bayside United if he is not careful with NEFC and GPS knocking on their doorsteps.

Comment

The website issue is an easy fix and I wonder why they don't address it. This thread was started by a "parent" inquiring about RI Clubs (realize it was probably a troll), but every parent whether with a player already in the club or thinking about playing club soccer for the first time surfs the website/facebook page/twitter account. I know I'm not breaking new ground by saying Bayside is lagging behind, but NEFC, GPS, Stars, etc are far more advanced. Stars were posting real time scores from the San Diego tournament on Twitter.
      The two posters above are correct. Why are they not trumpeting all the girls that signed Letters of Intent to play D1? (there are quite a few) Why do they not update tournament wins (Puerto Rico, Sea Coast, etc)? The one player they are hyping at the top of the web page has been at NEFC for 18 months now. Why not replace her with someone else? (They have a 2002 girl who was selected for the National ODP training camp in Arizona ...they have other players in the club progressing in ODP as well...why not hype her or them). Prospective parents and players eat this stuff up...they want the same for their child. NEFC and GPS are making serious inroads particularly in the younger divisions...there are plenty of positive things happening and good players at Bayside...they need to advertise it

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        The website issue is an easy fix and I wonder why they don't address it. This thread was started by a "parent" inquiring about RI Clubs (realize it was probably a troll), but every parent whether with a player already in the club or thinking about playing club soccer for the first time surfs the website/facebook page/twitter account. I know I'm not breaking new ground by saying Bayside is lagging behind, but NEFC, GPS, Stars, etc are far more advanced. Stars were posting real time scores from the San Diego tournament on Twitter.
        The two posters above are correct. Why are they not trumpeting all the girls that signed Letters of Intent to play D1? (there are quite a few) Why do they not update tournament wins (Puerto Rico, Sea Coast, etc)? The one player they are hyping at the top of the web page has been at NEFC for 18 months now. Why not replace her with someone else? (They have a 2002 girl who was selected for the National ODP training camp in Arizona ...they have other players in the club progressing in ODP as well...why not hype her or them). Prospective parents and players eat this stuff up...they want the same for their child. NEFC and GPS are making serious inroads particularly in the younger divisions...there are plenty of positive things happening and good players at Bayside...they need to advertise it
        The Bayside crew doesn't read these messages. So complaining about the website here does no good. What's scary is that updating a website is easy but they are apparently too lazy to do it. They've been top dog club in RI for so long they don't seem to think any other club is gaining on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          GPS is making serious inroads... really where might that be boys/girls? i bet my town team can beat any gps RI team

Comment

How can you say that? Admittedly, U13 and above GPS isn't competitive at all, but if you look at the U12 and U11 Divisions (boys and girls) almost all those teams are ranked higher than Bayside. I know, the Got Soccer Rankings are skewed...I get that...but was that the case 2-5 years ago? It was all Bayside and now it is not. I'm not a GPS parent, but I want Bayside to react to what is currently happening. Just look at the U12 girls division. The RI NEFC team is clearly the superior team and the GPS team coached by Nigel is very good (at least on par with the Bayside U12 NPL team...AND would smash any RI Town Team). Isn't this trend just a little troubling to the Bayside people?
            I'm happy that there are more choices and competition is a good thing, but at the same time, I don't want the RI Clubs to get overrun by the NEFC and GPS super clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X