Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier team in South County area?

Just moved to SK... What would be the best fit for my daughter in the SK area. She played U12 Premier where we came from. I hear so many negative things about premier in RI? Anyone?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just moved to SK... What would be the best fit for my daughter in the SK area. She played U12 Premier where we came from. I hear so many negative things about premier in RI? Anyone?
    If you're in SK, your best options are GPS South and Rams. Everything else is a hike up north.

Comment

GPS RI if you're not a troll.

Comment

tidal wave

Comment

Your best option is Bayside FC. They are the only NPL club for girls in RI. New turf training facilities opening in May in East Providence. It will be a little longer ride but worth it. Coaches at U14 and above are college coaches. Current U12 coach is excellent.

Comment

Your best option is Bayside FC. They are the only NPL club for girls in RI. New turf training facilities opening in May in East Providence. It will be a little longer ride but worth it. Coaches at U14 and above are college coaches. Current U12 coach is excellent.
            Do not believe this bull****.Bayside is a joke.

Comment

tidal wave
              Hahahahaha! That's good one!

Comment

Since everyone else has weighed in...Bruno is committing to South County on the girls side starting this tryout season. They have girls teams training at Rocky Hill School currently & will be looking to offer more down south moving forward. Indoor practices as well as indoor leagues are held at WWIS South in North Kingstown.

Obviously anyone looking for premier clubs should checkout the various clubs websites, contact the individual clubs or DOC's for opportunities. I would also do multiple tryouts to get a feel for what is the best situation for player as well as their families.

Comment

GPS RI if you're not a troll.
                  The GPS teams go by GPS RI South. If you're new to RI you will learn that what is "the best" here can be a low standard at times. In southern RI it depends how far you are willing to drive. Bayside has historically been best program for girls but have gotten a little complacent in training program and are now losing their best players to NEFC Elite which trains in MA. NEFC South is registered as a RI club but operates out of MA. Nothing impressive there yet but NEFC is the club with the best structure for long haul development. Bruno has maybe 2 good teams club wide? I wouldn't send my kids there. Rams objective is to raise $ for men's program at URI. They play in Maple which is in decline and no real organization within the club. Your experience would be hit or miss. It is the "default" club for south county parents who want to be able to tell people their kids play "premier". GPS has good structure just like NEFC but is just getting started down there. Other clubs tried to block them because they were afraid to compete with them if that tells you anything.

Comment

The GPS teams go by GPS RI South. If you're new to RI you will learn that what is "the best" here can be a low standard at times. In southern RI it depends how far you are willing to drive. Bayside has historically been best program for girls but have gotten a little complacent in training program and are now losing their best players to NEFC Elite which trains in MA. NEFC South is registered as a RI club but operates out of MA. Nothing impressive there yet but NEFC is the club with the best structure for long haul development. Bruno has maybe 2 good teams club wide? I wouldn't send my kids there. Rams objective is to raise $ for men's program at URI. They play in Maple which is in decline and no real organization within the club. Your experience would be hit or miss. It is the "default" club for south county parents who want to be able to tell people their kids play "premier". GPS has good structure just like NEFC but is just getting started down there. Other clubs tried to block them because they were afraid to compete with them if that tells you anything.
                    To be consistent, it all depends what you or your daughter want out of your experience. RI will never be the breeding ground for elite soccer especially on the girls' side. What you should be looking at is which club can develop your daughter into an elite players if she chooses to go that route. Bayside has an excellent record of developing players for DAP and men's national
                    program. Most girls Bayside developed have moved on to other elite programs in MA such as NEFC Elite, Stars of Mass and FC Boston. GPS South is basically made up of South County YSA top teams and there are some decent teams. NEFC has some decent girls team in the younger age groups. Overall select and club that best fit your daughter. My experience with Bayside is on the boys side and they are very good. I been told that most of the Bayside U13 and up are coach by college coaches.

Comment

To be consistent, it all depends what you or your daughter want out of your experience. RI will never be the breeding ground for elite soccer especially on the girls' side. What you should be looking at is which club can develop your daughter into an elite players if she chooses to go that route. Bayside has an excellent record of developing players for DAP and men's national
                      program. Most girls Bayside developed have moved on to other elite programs in MA such as NEFC Elite, Stars of Mass and FC Boston. GPS South is basically made up of South County YSA top teams and there are some decent teams. NEFC has some decent girls team in the younger age groups. Overall select and club that best fit your daughter. My experience with Bayside is on the boys side and they are very good. I been told that most of the Bayside U13 and up are coach by college coaches.
                      Excellent post. Your club choice should match your goals.

Comment

Yes and no. I guess my problem with the poster's comment is the "breeding ground" reference. For a small state, there is a tremendous amount of talent. Particularly on the girls side. Almost all the Division 1 schools in the area (including NY/NJ) have a RI girl on the roster. Something to be proud of I think. But the poster was spot on with everything else. By U15, almost all the top players have transitioned to NEFC Elite, FCB and Stars. Not taking a shot at Bayside, they are still very competitive and well coached (TV and DD are very good), but it would be dishonest to say the top 2 or 3 girls in each age group are not playing in Mass.

Comment

Yes and no. I guess my problem with the poster's comment is the "breeding ground" reference. For a small state, there is a tremendous amount of talent. Particularly on the girls side. Almost all the Division 1 schools in the area (including NY/NJ) have a RI girl on the roster. Something to be proud of I think. But the poster was spot on with everything else. By U15, almost all the top players have transitioned to NEFC Elite, FCB and Stars. Not taking a shot at Bayside, they are still very competitive and well coached (TV and DD are very good), but it would be dishonest to say the top 2 or 3 girls in each age group are not playing in Mass.
                          I would love to see all the top girls in each groups stay and play on the same teams however sometime the parents egos get in the way. I agreed with you that as a small state there are advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is travel and potential for development at a younger ages until U18. I been around long enough that talent pool is good enough to compete at an elite level.

Comment

Nep state cup games

I think the comments above were pretty accurate. I would suggest you take your daughter to one or two of the NEP State Cup games coming up. The U12 and U13 teams will be vastly different next year due to the impending age change, but a good chance to see the coaching, parents (don't underestimate that factor), skill level, etc, of the clubs you are thinking about. The U14, U13 and U12 games promise to be very interesting.

Comment

I think with GDA taking effect this fall 2017. ECNL is no longer an attractive option and the best girl will be funnel to GDA. I think a Rhode Island club can position itself to cast a wider net to get a large numbers of the second tier players group and develop a truly top tier program in RI. Bayside will be the logical choice only if they start marketing their club since they are the only NPL designated club in the state. But first they need to keep their website up to date, that would help. Bayside has dominated the girls side for the last 5 years and I hope they continue to do so. With their own new turf field they have the upper hands.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X