Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At max there are 1-2 players from the U12 United team and 1 from the U13 and U14 United teams. Just remember compare to the other Mass based players not many elite talents on the current RI NEFC based teams.
    Remember there are 2003 and 2004 players that play for Southeast team now. My guess is a handful (2-3) per age that could make the Elite jump next year (for both U13 & U14 teams). But a few of them are MA girls and not RI girls too. But earlier poster is right, there are much more than 6 RI girls total that would be playing ECNL next year. As noted, there are 3 RI girls alone on GU14 NEFC Elite team. And that's just one age group in one club. There are and will be more than that.

Comment

Have the big clubs already moved to RI? It's a fair question to debate. Where does the NEFC Southeast U12 team practice? I haven't seen the team play, but I've seen a few players at ODP (2003 and 2004) and one or two look like they would be real players for the NEFC Elite team next year.
      So do the RI kids (read:Parents) who want to play in the ECNL now start at NEFC at the younger ages? It seems like it would be easier to make the Elite/ENCL team if you have come through the NEFC system as opposed to jumping from Bayside at the U14 tryout.
      (and for the smart arse that claims only 2-6 girls will be playing ENCL next year, probably should check your facts...they will be well over a dozen RI girls playing ECNL soccer next year...at NEFC, Stars and FCB).
      This is correct. And NEFC SE U12 is almost all RI girls and practice mainly in Fall River and Seekonk. Not in RI per se, but border towns easily accessible to from West Bay over to East Bay. GPS RI is also building strong RI teams. The big clubs are indeed already in RI and making impacts. Now with the NEFC Elite teams moving to ECNL, I think players will start looking to start over at NEFC Southeast earlier even more than they have already started to do. This also means "the best of the rest" that stay on Premier South, will have a shot at playing NPL too, just like Bayside. Anyway you slice it ... This is not good news for Bayside. Especially if the powers that be continue to minimize the threat. Hopefully they are not that naive. It would be nice to see them continue to be a strong local RI club.

Comment

This is correct. And NEFC SE U12 is almost all RI girls and practice mainly in Fall River and Seekonk. Not in RI per se, but border towns easily accessible to from West Bay over to East Bay. GPS RI is also building strong RI teams. The big clubs are indeed already in RI and making impacts. Now with the NEFC Elite teams moving to ECNL, I think players will start looking to start over at NEFC Southeast earlier even more than they have already started to do. This also means "the best of the rest" that stay on Premier South, will have a shot at playing NPL too, just like Bayside. Anyway you slice it ... This is not good news for Bayside. Especially if the powers that be continue to minimize the threat. Hopefully they are not that naive. It would be nice to see them continue to be a strong local RI club.
        Are people assuming that Premier South will become an NPL team? I have not heard that.

Comment

Any thoughts on what might happen with the current Bayside U13 and U14 NPL teams (I think it will be interesting to see how the impending birth year change and now NEFC ECNL announcement effects them). Both teams are very good and seem to have several elite caliber players that could make the jump to an ECNL team. I'm by no means a soccer coach, but I've been impressed with several 2002 and 2003 girls at ODP. If I have noticed, I'm sure others have as well. Talking with some of the parents, however, they all seem very happy with the club, team make up, coaching, etc (Believe it or not, parents actually talk very civilly with each other and are very complimentary of other clubs. Shocking I know).

Comment

Young enough that opposing kids were upset. Young.
            let me guess u11 east girls team?

Comment

We thought about Bayside but there are a couple of parents at my oldest's age we could not stand. People who trash kids and scream and yell. Why does the club keep these types around?

Comment

You aren't wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X