Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RI Rush

Looks like RI just got another Premier club in the state. Do we really need another?

Probably not. I'm sure they'll fill some rosters, not sure who is running this and where they'll draw from.

Comment

who's in charge

here's the link to the site: http://www.rirush.com/index.php/about/staff

looks like Joe Dutra is in charge, wonder what JM at Bayside thinks of all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        here's the link to the site: http://www.rirush.com/index.php/about/staff

looks like Joe Dutra is in charge, wonder what JM at Bayside thinks of all this.
        He probably thinks what I am thinking, "who's Joe Dutra?"

Comment

He probably thinks what I am thinking, "who's Joe Dutra?"
          Everyone in RI knows who Joe Dutra is. Been around youth soccer for some years now. Either they can operate a successful program is another matter. Good luck.....

Comment

Everyone in RI knows who Joe Dutra is. Been around youth soccer for some years now. Either they can operate a successful program is another matter. Good luck.....
            Rush is the biggest club in the country.

Looks like a very diverse staffing coach .I think he is doing this on purpose

He has been recruiting heavy in NP , Pawtucket, Lincoln and Johnston, mostly Spanish and Portuguese kids.

I think Bruno and BaysideFc needs to monitor Rush closely.

Rush will play Maple but if they can offer a lower cost alternative to Bruno and Bayside it could pull from their B teams.

Joe was also the Southeastern NEFC director for a few years . I am sure he will be pulling from Southeastern Ma.He also made some connection with his NE futsal and Barrington area .

Competition is not a bad thing. I feel bad for Lusitania. Lincoln middle school coach now Rush coach .

Comment

Rush is the biggest club in the country.

Looks like a very diverse staffing coach .I think he is doing this on purpose

He has been recruiting heavy in NP , Pawtucket, Lincoln and Johnston, mostly Spanish and Portuguese kids.

I think Bruno and BaysideFc needs to monitor Rush closely.

Rush will play Maple but if they can offer a lower cost alternative to Bruno and Bayside it could pull from their B teams.

Joe was also the Southeastern NEFC director for a few years . I am sure he will be pulling from Southeastern Ma.He also made some connection with his NE futsal and Barrington area .

Competition is not a bad thing. I feel bad for Lusitania. Lincoln middle school coach now Rush coach .
              I agree with all of that. Add in the birth year change which will shake things up already and Rush may pick up some of the fallout with the local clubs. The biggest downside is if they play in Maple vs NEP.

Comment

I just hope no one JD recruits goes to Rush just for him. Guy is a mercenary and doesn't stay with any one club for more than 2-3 years tops.

Comment

JD is a clown. It's his staff from ESPA. players will be recreational level at best. Bayside and Bruno should be worried about that B and C level players. No good players will play for the Rush.

Comment

JD is a clown. It's his staff from ESPA. players will be recreational level at best. Bayside and Bruno should be worried about that B and C level players. No good players will play for the Rush.
                    Rush is just a pyramid scheme. All about numbers. Such a shame parents and players being used as pawns to fill the pockets of others. CT Rush is a big joke and management in these franchise systems usually end up moving on after a few years

Comment

Yup, it's another Bayside United or Tidalwave type of outfit under a corporate umbrella. I give it 2 years tops. They can't compete with Bayside,Bruno or NEFC for top talent, they'll get C level and rec players.

Comment

Yup, it's another Bayside United or Tidalwave type of outfit under a corporate umbrella. I give it 2 years tops. They can't compete with Bayside,Bruno or NEFC for top talent, they'll get C level and rec players.
                        I think they will last more than you think . The landscape has changed since Tidalwave and some of the other clubs that have folded.

Parents are way more interested in having their kids play club than town. I hear many gripes about the town politics and lack of coaching . RI Soccer just lifted the requirement on coaching for town teams in Superliga so you may see a mass exodus of players to clubs like Rush , GPS and Lusitania. Already seeing it.

BaysideFC is the only club who refuses to have C level players . Bruno is taking a more is better approach.
                        NEFC South is doing a good job of keeping their quality up and moving good players to Central or Elite.
                        GPS RI South good , GPS RI North awful.
                        Lusitania old timer have no clue and RAMS will have their little niche in the South .

Comment

I will say who never can fill the void left by SK in the urban communities will have a leg up. Bayside no longer has the pipeline established by SK when he was running Capital. Also not playing in NEP will hurt them for sure. I will stay Bruno will be most impacted by this new development.

Comment

I will say who never can fill the void left by SK in the urban communities will have a leg up. Bayside no longer has the pipeline established by SK when he was running Capital. Also not playing in NEP will hurt them for sure. I will stay Bruno will be most impacted by this new development.

BaysideFc has East Providence
                            Bruno has Pawtucket
                            NEFC and Explosion have CF

Providence is up for grabs . Players on SK son's team still play BaysideFc but the younger kids are spread out to GPS and Explosion.

Parents in the Urban community don't understand the NEP vs Maple thing. They care about not paying too much and that their kids play in a real club. It takes a few years for them to talk to other parents and really understand the club scene.

The exception to this mentality are parents who have gone through the process like the Bruno twins .The older bro played at the Revs.

Comment

BaysideFc has East Providence
                              Bruno has Pawtucket
                              NEFC and Explosion have CF

Providence is up for grabs . Players on SK son's team still play BaysideFc but the younger kids are spread out to GPS and Explosion.

Parents in the Urban community don't understand the NEP vs Maple thing. They care about not paying too much and that their kids play in a real club. It takes a few years for them to talk to other parents and really understand the club scene.

The exception to this mentality are parents who have gone through the process like the Bruno twins .The older bro played at the Revs.
                              I don't believe the older brother is rostered with the Revs Academy. Bruno is definitely in trouble if RI Rush can make inroads Providence, Pawtucket, Lincoln and Johnston. Bayside due to their US Academy affiliation may save them. Interesting to see in the coming years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X