Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Club Soccer State Winners through to Nationals

Any thoughts on all NEP State Cups winners advancing directly to Nationals in Colorado? This means no regionals. Have these state cup winners earned a spot?

http://www.nepstatecups.com

Are they going to give everyone a little trophy and a bag of snacks too? This totally devalues nationals. This tournament was already a little hard to follow but now it’s ridiculous. As always with youth soccer, I’m sure it’s somehow about the money. The one local benefit is it may help prop up Bayside. Bayside was in danger of sliding into regional anonymity but now they only have to beat the likes of Bruno to “go to nationals”!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Are they going to give everyone a little trophy and a bag of snacks too? This totally devalues nationals. This tournament was already a little hard to follow but now it’s ridiculous. As always with youth soccer, I’m sure it’s somehow about the money. The one local benefit is it may help prop up Bayside. Bayside was in danger of sliding into regional anonymity but now they only have to beat the likes of Bruno to “go to nationals”!
      It not the True nationals.

Comment

SO TRUE... Bayside is a big joke.

Comment

SO TRUE... Bayside is a big joke.
          Bayside is not a joke ,the league and organization that they belong too is a joke. Usclubsoccer is a joke. How can you say you are legit, when your teams have no regional play. Why have a national cup?You might as well just play friendlies!

Comment

Bayside is not a joke ,the league and organization that they belong too is a joke. Usclubsoccer is a joke. How can you say you are legit, when your teams have no regional play. Why have a national cup?You might as well just play friendlies!
            This is coming from a Lusitana, or Rams or some other crap US Youth Maple club. The best teams play in NEP or NPL which are US Club teams. They would kill every single USYouth Maple team. Everyone knows that. Shut up. US Youth is made up of leftovers all over the country. USYouth plays regionals on dirt and cow dung pastures in West Virginia.

Comment

It's the big Mass clubs driving this.

Mostly Mass teams won Regionals, and in some of the groups games even had to be canceled.

The feeling is/was that the Spring had too much going on, too many games, too much travel. By eliminating Regionals, they could play their State Cup finals that weekend.

They're also trying to support the US Club Soccer National event, which is really the "B" event for the NPL event. Instead of 1 team from New England, now there are 6 to make the event better.

Comment

It's the big Mass clubs driving this.

Mostly Mass teams won Regionals, and in some of the groups games even had to be canceled.

The feeling is/was that the Spring had too much going on, too many games, too much travel. By eliminating Regionals, they could play their State Cup finals that weekend.

They're also trying to support the US Club Soccer National event, which is really the "B" event for the NPL event. Instead of 1 team from New England, now there are 6 to make the event better.
                Going out to Indiana for back to back nationals for regional cup winners and state cup winners amounted to an 8 day trip. Too long and a lot of hotel and food money. Many teams that qualified for both blew off one or the other. They need the teams to round out a decent field for each event.

Comment

Going out to Indiana for back to back nationals for regional cup winners and state cup winners amounted to an 8 day trip. Too long and a lot of hotel and food money. Many teams that qualified for both blew off one or the other. They need the teams to round out a decent field for each event.
                  The teams that qualify and play in either us club national cup or us club npl championship will be playing in an organized event on top conditioned fields. both are great tournaments and experiences for the kids. West Virginia fields for US Youth regionals is an embarrassment to US Youth soccer. They aught to be ashamed of themselves for holding their tournament there.

Comment

That is pathetic!!

I remember the good old days when men where men and clubs were towns. At least we got to play Maine and Vermont and win 2 games .

I don't think BaysideFc or Bruno could beat Maine these days.

Comment

The teams that qualify and play in either us club national cup or us club npl championship will be playing in an organized event on top conditioned fields. both are great tournaments and experiences for the kids. West Virginia fields for US Youth regionals is an embarrassment to US Youth soccer. They aught to be ashamed of themselves for holding their tournament there.
                      US Youth soccer is now all about greed with entities just trying to cut up and get their little share of the pie -- it's embarrassing to now be part of the sport. The momentum of youth soccer has stopped and the professional leagues will start seeing declining numbers in the coming years.

Comment

US Youth soccer is now all about greed with entities just trying to cut up and get their little share of the pie -- it's embarrassing to now be part of the sport. The momentum of youth soccer has stopped and the professional leagues will start seeing declining numbers in the coming years.
                        If you are so miserable, take your kid out and get off TS. We all have choices in life to make us happier, and no one is forcing you to be part of a sport that "embarrasses" you.

Unless you just are one of those people who like to be unhappy and bitch all the time, which I surmise is about half of the people who post here.

Comment

If you are so miserable, take your kid out and get off TS. We all have choices in life to make us happier, and no one is forcing you to be part of a sport that "embarrasses" you.

Unless you just are one of those people who like to be unhappy and bitch all the time, which I surmise is about half of the people who post here.
                          I already got out of soccer what I wanted and wanted for my kids. But as a administrator of the sport, I see where its going, how it's run and its imminent demise. I'm just warning the folks getting their slice now that it's just a matter of time and the whole gravy train will dry up. Start looking for other snake oil other than soccer if you want to plan for your retirement.

Comment

(My children are done with Premier and Academy and are on to the college ranks. Div. 2 and 3)
                            Let me say this....
                            It is all about the money. All these programs are money makers. The time, money, and training does not equal out.
                            One of my children played two years at Bayside. The other programs are not very good at all. Bruno terrible, Rams-ehhh.
                            I do not have an allegiance to any of them. However, the only good program IN the state of RI is Bayside. And... I do not think they are the best around but they do a decent job. Once again, even they are about money but have some coaches there that are doing the right thing. Depends who your coach is.
                            I am glad I am done with the youth ranks. A lot of time and money wasted! And my children are happy playing where they are, I can't say the money was well spent on RI clubs.
                            If you are good enough you really do have to go to MA. Good luck to all the parents but more importantly good luck to your children!

Comment

(My children are done with Premier and Academy and are on to the college ranks. Div. 2 and 3)
                              Let me say this....
                              It is all about the money. All these programs are money makers. The time, money, and training does not equal out.
                              One of my children played two years at Bayside. The other programs are not very good at all. Bruno terrible, Rams-ehhh.
                              I do not have an allegiance to any of them. However, the only good program IN the state of RI is Bayside. And... I do not think they are the best around but they do a decent job. Once again, even they are about money but have some coaches there that are doing the right thing. Depends who your coach is.
                              I am glad I am done with the youth ranks. A lot of time and money wasted! And my children are happy playing where they are, I can't say the money was well spent on RI clubs.
                              If you are good enough you really do have to go to MA. Good luck to all the parents but more importantly good luck to your children!
                              I'm a bayside parent and I don't remember any kid that plays for the academy program and for bayside for 2 years. The kids I know that played for bayside and have since moved on to the academy have been with the club more than 2+ years. Plus bayside has done a good job of preparing players for the academy program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X