Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst fans (parents)

In light of the recent antics of the Johnston parents...one arrested at a middle school game and one red carded at a hs game...which city or town has the worst parent-fans?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In light of the recent antics of the Johnston parents...one arrested at a middle school game and one red carded at a hs game...which city or town has the worst parent-fans?
    East Providence parents come to mind.

Comment

Johnston is one. Ignorant and no clue about the game. Cranston is another.

Comment

Johnston is one. Ignorant and no clue about the game. Cranston is another.
        I was surprised at the nasty behavior of a group of East Greenwich mothers at a HS match. Opposing girl went down in a collision and three mothers began accusing the player of flopping to stall for time (seldom done by girls in HS games). It was loud enough where a fellow E.G. parent asked them to be quiet. Surprised because most HS parents have been around for a few years and usually are respectful of players sprawled out on the turf.

Comment

Bad behavior doesn't have any boundaries, you'll find nasty parents in many towns. Some are overly passionate about soccer, some are ignorant about how the game is supposed to be played and the rules of the game and some are vicariously living through their children.
          Rivalries, intensity of the game and reacting to a loudmouth all factor into what happens on the sideline. Over the years I've learned to watch the game from the 18's and stay away from the center line, please don't follow me :)

Comment

West Warwick parents are pretty hard to beat!

Comment

Worse than Pawtucket?

Comment

Let's just say all of RI has its share of loudmouths who can't control themselves at youth sports games.

Comment

How about listing some towns with supportive or less demonstrative parents? Other than EWG most of the south county parents seemed cool. Other good experiences were : On the east bay, Bristol. Northern maybe Smithfield and central I'd say Coventry.

Comment

How about listing some towns with supportive or less demonstrative parents? Other than EWG most of the south county parents seemed cool. Other good experiences were : On the east bay, Bristol. Northern maybe Smithfield and central I'd say Coventry.
                    Other than perhaps dealings with one or two coaches, I've had pretty bad experiences when playing at Bristol where parents cheer whenever there's a hard foul. Kind of like demolition derby.

Comment

Other than perhaps dealings with one or two coaches, I've had pretty bad experiences when playing at Bristol where parents cheer whenever there's a hard foul. Kind of like demolition derby.
                      Bristol is pretty low-rent when it comes to soccer parents.

Comment

Bristol is pretty low-rent when it comes to soccer parents.
                        East Bay run down: Bristol and Warren bad. Portsmouth, Middletown and Barrington good. EP if you count them are a mixed bag.

Comment

parents

For such a "soccer" town, Smithfield by far has the most obnoxious parents.

Comment

Bristol??? You are kidding right?

Comment

What's the matter are you a sore loser? Did WW beat your precious team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X