Boys
    U12 - Bayside Red NPL
    U13 - Bayside Red NPL
    U14 - Bruno or Bayside (draw)

Girls
    U12 - NEFC Southeast United
    U13 - Bayside Red NPL
    U14 - NEFC Premier South

I'd say GPS-RI will have a few tough teams to beat this fall too. Maybe the U13 girls for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Boys
      U12 - Bayside Red NPL
      U13 - Bayside Red NPL

Girls
      U13 - Bayside Red NPL
      U14 - NEFC Premier South
      Bayside U14 boys figured to be stronger this year because 1 players who played up with the U15 has dropped down to his appropriate age. He is a very technical player. Team has been split up into 2 teams with the stronger players on the NPL team and the 2 other playing NEP Premiership.

Comment

Boys
        U12 - Bayside Red NPL
        U13 - Bayside Red NPL

Girls
        U13 - Bayside Red NPL
        U14 - NEFC Premier South
        Is Nefc southeast United really a RI team? Why aren't they playing NPL?

Comment

I'd say GPS-RI will have a few tough teams to beat this fall too. Maybe the U13 girls for sure.
          Tough teams? Boys or girls?

Comment

They are playing top NEP division this fall. But it's the team make-up that makes where they play. They are listed as RI team in their first tournament, so my guess is that a majority of players are from RI as I believe that is the rule.

Comment

Interesting at these younger age groups that NEFC has been able to piece together solid RI teams that can challenge Bayside teams for state cup. Why is NEFC attracting top U12, 13, 14 players from RI? Is this shift real?

Comment

Watch for potential matchup between Bayside U13 boys NPL vs Rams FC at FC Stars Cup next weekend. They're in opposite sides of their bracket. If they both make it that would decide the debate in this age group for now.

Comment

Interesting at these younger age groups that NEFC has been able to piece together solid RI teams that can challenge Bayside teams for state cup. Why is NEFC attracting top U12, 13, 14 players from RI? Is this shift real?
                  NEFC was already attracting good RI players. It's not a shift, it's just that NEFC is allowed to compete in RI now where they weren't in the past. Same as GPS who will have something to say in RI now too.

These are regional NEFC teams though, so some of the top RI players are already playing for the NEFC Elite teams.

It's not really a change, just a reorganization of how you think. Plus, at U12, 2-3 of the better Bayside players left a couple of years ago and now play for NEFC.

Bayside will continue to be one of the top in RI this year, it will be interesting though for year 2 to see how the other clubs start doing in State Cup.

Comment

NEFC was already attracting good RI players. It's not a shift, it's just that NEFC is allowed to compete in RI now where they weren't in the past. Same as GPS who will have something to say in RI now too.

These are regional NEFC teams though, so some of the top RI players are already playing for the NEFC Elite teams.

It's not really a change, just a reorganization of how you think. Plus, at U12, 2-3 of the better Bayside players left a couple of years ago and now play for NEFC.

Bayside will continue to be one of the top in RI this year, it will be interesting though for year 2 to see how the other clubs start doing in State Cup.

No NEFC Elite until U13 so the U12 RI players are still on their regional teams, and the NEFC Southeast region is stocked at that age group, especially on the girls side. But yes, it says something when the U13 regional United team can still win State Cup last year without the Elite players. And now with GPS in RI, it really should shake up the talent in this state a bit. No matter what, Bayside will have a bigger fight on their recruiting hands.

Comment

No NEFC Elite until U13 so the U12 RI players are still on their regional teams, and the NEFC Southeast region is stocked at that age group, especially on the girls side. But yes, it says something when the U13 regional United team can still win State Cup last year without the Elite players. And now with GPS in RI, it really should shake up the talent in this state a bit. No matter what, Bayside will have a bigger fight on their recruiting hands.
                      Where do the U13 NEFC Elite and regional teams practice? Taunton?

Comment

Where do the U13 NEFC Elite and regional teams practice? Taunton?
                        NEFC Elite practices in Marlboro, MA. But I know that players can sometimes practice with their region's team if they can't get to Marlboro for some practices. At least that is what I've heard from a family who has player on an older Elite team than my kid, and she sometimes practices with her old regional team.

NEFC Premier South is at combo of Taunton/Wheeler/Fall River.

NEFC Southcoast teams are also a combo of Taunton/Wheeler/Fall River depending on team.

Comment

NEFC Elite practices in Marlboro, MA. But I know that players can sometimes practice with their region's team if they can't get to Marlboro for some practices. At least that is what I've heard from a family who has player on an older Elite team than my kid, and she sometimes practices with her old regional team.

NEFC Premier South is at combo of Taunton/Wheeler/Fall River.

NEFC Southcoast teams are also a combo of Taunton/Wheeler/Fall River depending on team.
                          And the NEFC Metro South region also practices exclusively in Taunton I believe.

Comment

At U12, it is always the NEFC Central United team that plays in NPL. U13 starts the Elite teams playing in NPL.

Comment

At U12, it is always the NEFC Central United team that plays in NPL. U13 starts the Elite teams playing in NPL.
                              It looks like Bayside is an easier path to an NPL roster spot. NEFC has more regional teams and it's probably tougher to make their Elite/NPL roster. How does this work out?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X