• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter already got an invite. No tryout needed

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      My daughter already got an invite. No tryout needed
      Congratulations! You will cherish all the time you get to spend together, the many several hour long drives to NJ, LI, and PA for matches.

Comment

Poached? It's a choice.
        How long do all the promises last at Scorpions... right up until the bill is paid?

Comment

A lot of good players showing up at the HS ages!!

Comment

Noticed Bayside is advertising “Additional Tryout Opportunities” for their girls teams. Nothing screams - it didn’t work out as planned more than “Additional Tryout Opportunities”

My guess is people are not buying into the second ECRL league the way they hoped. Playing Stars fifth team and Scorps third team didn’t do the trick. Maybe if this wasn’t Bayside’s fifth league in five years, people would have fell for it.

On a side note, if you are being told there is a National pathway at Bayside and they will “probably” get ECNL National soon, do yourself a favor:
            Take a map and draw a line from PCD/EPHS to Taunton Forekicks.
            Check the mileage between the two on a straight line.
            Now go look at the ECNL teams in Markets similar to Rhode Island/Southeastern Mass.

How many place are there with two National Clubs within 15 miles of each other. I can help you - it’s zero. Scorpions have been National for awhile and do a solid job - ECNL is not going to take a flyer on some league hopping club and risk upsetting the Scorpions ownership. #truth

Comment

Noticed Bayside is advertising “Additional Tryout Opportunities” for their girls teams. Nothing screams - it didn’t work out as planned more than “Additional Tryout Opportunities”

My guess is people are not buying into the second ECRL league the way they hoped. Playing Stars fifth team and Scorps third team didn’t do the trick. Maybe if this wasn’t Bayside’s fifth league in five years, people would have fell for it.

On a side note, if you are being told there is a National pathway at Bayside and they will “probably” get ECNL National soon, do yourself a favor:
              Take a map and draw a line from PCD/EPHS to Taunton Forekicks.
              Check the mileage between the two on a straight line.
              Now go look at the ECNL teams in Markets similar to Rhode Island/Southeastern Mass.

How many place are there with two National Clubs within 15 miles of each other. I can help you - it’s zero. Scorpions have been National for awhile and do a solid job - ECNL is not going to take a flyer on some league hopping club and risk upsetting the Scorpions ownership. #truth
              While you are drawing lines, do the same between PDA Blue / White and Stars Blue / White. Have not heard anyone at Bayside pedaling the National pathway. Reality is ECNL NE has 8 teams and may or may not expand in the future. If they do expand, and if you follow what has happened elsewhere, the only way a club like Bayside gets in is through the regional league and most importantly the performance in that league. Do yourself a favor and focus on your own kid / club.

Comment

While you are drawing lines, do the same between PDA Blue / White and Stars Blue / White. Have not heard anyone at Bayside pedaling the National pathway. Reality is ECNL NE has 8 teams and may or may not expand in the future. If they do expand, and if you follow what has happened elsewhere, the only way a club like Bayside gets in is through the regional league and most importantly the performance in that league. Do yourself a favor and focus on your own kid / club.
                Stars and PDA - ECNL original clubs and they own both Blue and White lol. You just made my point. Scorpions more likely to get a second National team than any of the ECRL 2 teams getting into the National League. It’s ok - dare to dream. Just give the parents on here one example of a club joining the National league 15 miles away from another ECNL club in a small market.

And thank you, I will concentrate on my club and my kid. But I also believe knowledge is power. Some Bayside coaches are 1000% pedaling the national pathway. I was a parent that fell for the Bayside stories in the past. Congratulations - you’ve got some of those folks seriously guzzling the kool-aid over there. Just make sure you bring your A-game when you play FC Stars Sky (5th team). How do you spin a loss?? Scorpions coaches just waiting in the parking lot with registration forms lol

Comment

Stars and PDA - ECNL original clubs and they own both Blue and White lol. You just made my point. Scorpions more likely to get a second National team than any of the ECRL 2 teams getting into the National League. It’s ok - dare to dream. Just give the parents on here one example of a club joining the National league 15 miles away from another ECNL club in a small market.

And thank you, I will concentrate on my club and my kid. But I also believe knowledge is power. Some Bayside coaches are 1000% pedaling the national pathway. I was a parent that fell for the Bayside stories in the past. Congratulations - you’ve got some of those folks seriously guzzling the kool-aid over there. Just make sure you bring your A-game when you play FC Stars Sky (5th team). How do you spin a loss?? Scorpions coaches just waiting in the parking lot with registration forms lol
                  Before the original clubs got second teams, no one else had them. So firsts do happen. Also one of biggest complaints about club soccer is travel. Who is to say a more local team does not help combat that. Glad you (assuming you are a parent and not RG) are enjoying scorpions. Do yourself a favor and stop worrying about bayside.

Comment

Before the original clubs got second teams, no one else had them. So firsts do happen. Also one of biggest complaints about club soccer is travel. Who is to say a more local team does not help combat that. Glad you (assuming you are a parent and not RG) are enjoying scorpions. Do yourself a favor and stop worrying about bayside.
                    Playing a team from Albany should settle those traveling issues you mention people are complaining about.

Let’s be honest CC, I think everyone on this board is worried about Bayside Girls program. It’s tough to watch something declined so much over the years and not feel a little bit of empathy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X