Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RI Surf Not Selected for New ECNL Regional League?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    It’s time for the Surf girls to stop playing big fish in small pond act. If any of these girls are serious it’s time to move on to NEFC GA or SCORPIONS ECNL or more likely ECRL. Parents wasting $ and time playing on that DPL league. Are you afraid your kid can’t hang on a new team? Have them challenge themselves.
    LOL. Bayside resorting to promoting clubs outside of the state just to try to disrupt Surf. Surf just doing their thing, living in your head rent free.

RI is pathetic. Full of losers who can’t enjoy anything they have and instead try to break apart what they can’t have.

All you have to do is look to the sidelines of the games to figure out what’s happening. The more refined parents at Surf have figured out that their kids enjoy their teammates, enjoy their coaches and are developing perfectly fine in the DPL. While the foul mouthed, chain smoking, Ref degrading parents on the Bayside sidelines keep waiting for the next shiny thing to latch on to. It’s sad really…. keep chasing the dream.

Comment

Go Bayside I’m routing for you! Slimy Surf enjoy DPL and keep on marketing your wins as if you have something to brag about. Surf players should jump to Bayside to be part of ECNL.
      Me too! I’m routing as well. Really routing. Routing the best I can.

Typical.

Comment

From the Mass Boards for those that don't know. This league is made up of, AT LEAST, the third tier team from real ECNL clubs. In stars case it is their fifth team.

​​​​​​

If you read a little more closely, you'll see that many of those clubs listed are not "new" clubs, but clubs that already have ECRL (or at least ECNL) teams. Here's the list from the press release:

ECNL Regional League – Northeast: Albany Alleycats (Albany, NY); Bayside FC (East Providence, RI); CFC North FC (Rockhill, CT); CFC Legacy (Stamford, CT); CT Rush Select (North Branford, CT); FC Copa Academy (Hillsborough, NJ); FC Stars Sky Blue (Acton, MA); Force FC (Monroe Woodbury, NY); Lehigh Valley United RUSH (Allentown, PA); Long Island Slammers (Stonybrook, NY); Manhattan SC (Manhattan, NY); Match Fit Academy Shore (Tinton Falls, NJ); Next Level SA (Pennington, NJ); NJ Crush (Pompton Lakes, NJ); New York Surf Soccer Club (Long Island, NY); PSA Monmouth (Tinton Falls, NJ); Quickstrike FC (New Windsor, NY); Scorpions South SC (Auburn, MA); Sporting Club Premier (Sparta, NJ); SUSA Blue (Central Islip, NY

ECRL New England already has teams from SUSA, CFC, Stars, Scorps & FSA. ECRL North Atlantic already has teams from PDA and Match Fit. For those clubs at least, their teams in this new ECRL Northeast would have to be a 3rd tier under the ECNL umbrella (in other words ECRL-2).
        I also only see one DPL team - CT Rush Select who haven't even played a full season. Looks like two Impact teams and then the rest are PRO and Elite 64 castoffs.

League is fire. Real quality job lads....

Comment

LOL. Bayside resorting to promoting clubs outside of the state just to try to disrupt Surf. Surf just doing their thing, living in your head rent free.

RI is pathetic. Full of losers who can’t enjoy anything they have and instead try to break apart what they can’t have.

All you have to do is look to the sidelines of the games to figure out what’s happening. The more refined parents at Surf have figured out that their kids enjoy their teammates, enjoy their coaches and are developing perfectly fine in the DPL. While the foul mouthed, chain smoking, Ref degrading parents on the Bayside sidelines keep waiting for the next shiny thing to latch on to. It’s sad really…. keep chasing the dream.
          Sour grapes??? Surf, be honest, if your club got into any form of ECNL regional, regional 2 etc you’d be allllllll about it!

Comment

Also from MA boards… and seems right on.

New Girls Pyramid
            1. ECNL Blue
            2. Girls Academy League
            3. ECNL White
            4. ECNL Regional League
            5. ECNL Northeast Regional (RL2)
            6. DPL (going to slide down fast)
            7. NECSL

Comment

Also from MA boards… and seems right on.

New Girls Pyramid
              1. ECNL Blue
              2. Girls Academy League
              3. ECNL White
              4. ECNL Regional League
              5. ECNL Northeast Regional (RL2)
              6. DPL (going to slide down fast)
              7. NECSL
              From Massachusetts. Wow. Well then sir, this must be official.

Comment

Sour grapes??? Surf, be honest, if your club got into any form of ECNL regional, regional 2 etc you’d be allllllll about it!
                Did you tell the parents that you’re playing 3rd, 4th and 5th tier teams from some clubs? Did you lie and tell them this is a pathway to ECNL National? How do you get into National? Please lay it out here for us so we can all make an informed decision. I’m very interested in the guarantees you were given for promotion etc? The floor is yours to sell us on why this is a good move.

Comment

When other parents see Bayside coaches and/or parents start posts like this do they see the lack of character? Maybe lack of character is a RI culture and I’m just realizing it.

Comment

Did you tell the parents that you’re playing 3rd, 4th and 5th tier teams from some clubs? Did you lie and tell them this is a pathway to ECNL National? How do you get into National? Please lay it out here for us so we can all make an informed decision. I’m very interested in the guarantees you were given for promotion etc? The floor is yours to sell us on why this is a good move.
                    Probably very similar to the lie you’re sold on how Surf Select will get you recruited or how special it is to go to a Surf “ID” camp! Who do you think you play in the DPL? They may be clubs first teams but they are 3rd, 4th or 5th level clubs.

Comment

I just want to say thanks to everyone posting here. Sometimes when I’m feeling down about myself, I come here, read this pathetic banter, and feel better about me.

Comment

I just want to say thanks to everyone posting here. Sometimes when I’m feeling down about myself, I come here, read this pathetic banter, and feel better about me.
                        You need others to feel better about yourself? Not good buddy, learn to feel good all on your own.

Comment

Why wouldn’t RI Surf try to be a part of the new ECNL Regional League (see thread in Mass forum)? I mean Bayside got a team in this league. This seems like a problem for Surf. If you are a RI family looking at clubs and only Bayside has boys and girls teams in the ECNL, why look elsewhere? I’m not a fan of Bayside, but strategically this was a good move for them.
                          You cant just sign up for this league. You have to be accepted with a proving record. You have to play top tournaments and win your league. They just don't take anyone. There is a lot that goes into it.

Comment

You cant just sign up for this league. You have to be accepted with a proving record. You have to play top tournaments and win your league. They just don't take anyone. There is a lot that goes into it.
                            Nobody cares about RI girls soccer. Boys yes. Girls no. The best coaches in RI are town coaches not the thug club coaches. The RI clubs fail girls regularly. Not sure if it’s just super sexist in RI but our sons had all the best coaching and training in RI but our daughters nope. If you have girls playing in RI get them on a MA team.

Comment

This was just sent out from GA. GA & DPL aligned.

Development League Alliance: The Girls Academy has initiated a strategic alliance with the Development Player League (DPL) to best serve the member clubs across both national platforms. Both the GA and the DPL agree to maintain sole rights to and independent authority over branding, financial, membership, and event invitations. The DPL and the GA are utilizing this working relationship as an opportunity to explore future opportunities. Ultimately we believe it is in the best interests of the players and the league to unify our GA member clubs and continue to develop the best platform for our players to thrive.

Comment

What does this mean, if anything, for RI girls soccer and Surf?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X