Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School All State Selections

When does RIIL publicize the All-State announcements? What is the process?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Projo usually announces their selections along with RI Girls Soccer Coaches Assoc (joke) sometime in December.

Comment

Its all a joke coaches with ties to club teams use it to hype up their club.

Comment

Projo announced their picks today for girls, tomorrow for boys. This is different than the coach’s picks which were announced about a month ago.

Comment

Why wouldn't the keeper from NK who had two OT shootout saves against BH and was the main reason they moved on to finals, not get any post season awards? 14-0 season 16-1 overall. My kid is no where near HS age or from NK, we just like watching D1 players give it there all!! I believe this kid got shafted

Comment

Comment

My kid is better than most of the list. I am not happy

Comment

My kid is better than most of the list. I am not happy
                Yea. Same here

Comment

Yea. Same here
                  This is my favorite post ever on this site. Thank you.

Comment

This is my favorite post ever on this site. Thank you.
                    Yep. Only in RI. But this is nothing new.

To be honest and not sure if this is deep down what they are getting at there are some kids that play on the big power teams that were great players who were overlooked because they were just outshined by better players on the team. How many all stars can you have? Lets say they went to another program where they could shine and be a team leader. This would have put them up for more votes and possibly would have changed their future as a soccer player. Although I have seen every team play this year and feel like I can be pretty honest and unbiased because this is my 2nd go round and my daughter was a freshman who got in but didn't play the whole time. I feel like the list was pretty accurate. In my mind one or two of the second team could have probably swapped up to the first team because they were such behind the scenes impact players. A lot of times people miss out on where the play originated and concentrate on the final result.

Comment

Yep. Only in RI. But this is nothing new.

To be honest and not sure if this is deep down what they are getting at there are some kids that play on the big power teams that were great players who were overlooked because they were just outshined by better players on the team. How many all stars can you have? Let’s say they went to another program where they could shine and be a team leader. This would have put them up for more votes and possibly would have changed their future as a soccer player. Although I have seen every team play this year and feel like I can be pretty honest and unbiased because this is my 2nd go round and my daughter was a freshman who got in but didn't play the whole time. I feel like the list was pretty accurate. In my mind one or two of the second team could have probably swapped up to the first team because they were such behind the scenes impact players. A lot of times people miss out on where the play originated and concentrate on the final result.
                      Easy now. Let’s not push the envelope and try to make sense and be helpful. This is RI. Let’s get back to the usual nonsense and name calling.

Comment

My ninth grader also plays lacrosse. She likes to stay for the varsity games following hers. We were noticing that all of these top soccer players on the all state and all conference lists are also the best lacrosse players in the state. They are definitely the fastest ones on the field and don't seem real easy to stop. I imagine this is a testament to conditioning and good foot skills that translate to a different sport

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
                          my ninth grader also plays lacrosse. She likes to stay for the varsity games following hers. We were noticing that all of these top soccer players on the all state and all conference lists are also the best lacrosse players in the state. They are definitely the fastest ones on the field and don't seem real easy to stop. I imagine this is a testament to conditioning and good foot skills that translate to a different sport
                          genetics

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X