Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Final impression: Who is in charge of certifying referees in this state? There were some questionable calls, but I guess that's to be expected. However, there was one definitely wrong application of the rules which should have been a red card against a NK defender and a PK for Hendricken, but which instead resulted in a yellow and a dropped ball to the NK goalkeeper??? Ridiculous.
    Would this have been a "leveling" in the box by the defender after the GK picked up the ball?
    Just curious...

Comment

Would this have been a "leveling" in the box by the defender after the GK picked up the ball?
      Just curious...
      I don't know if it was something that rose to "leveling" or not, I didn't see it myself, just heard the crowd react and looked up to see the player on the ground. Could have been a malicious trip or a charge, or a flying dropkick for all I know, but was definitely some sort of intentional contact (based on the ref giving a yellow) off the ball that put a player on the ground. Maybe my thinking red card is harsh, especially when I hardly ever see refs around here give cards when they're warranted, but definitely thought it should have been a PK.

Comment

Just curious...
        Repeat offense by this team?

Comment

I don't know if it was something that rose to "leveling" or not, I didn't see it myself, just heard the crowd react and looked up to see the player on the ground. Could have been a malicious trip or a charge, or a flying dropkick for all I know, but was definitely some sort of intentional contact (based on the ref giving a yellow) off the ball that put a player on the ground. Maybe my thinking red card is harsh, especially when I hardly ever see refs around here give cards when they're warranted, but definitely thought it should have been a PK.

I was there too but for neither team. I saw the BH player reverse cleat the lower leg of NK defender out of frustration and NK defender pushed kid away. BH player then "acted" really well and fell to ground!!! This is typical of BH and LSA when they are losing.

Comment

I was there too but for neither team. I saw the BH player reverse cleat the lower leg of NK defender out of frustration and NK defender pushed kid away. BH player then "acted" really well and fell to ground!!! This is typical of BH and LSA when they are losing.
            That was the only time I've ever seen BH play, and I didn't notice anything like that, but as I said, I didn't see the incident in question. For what it's worth, I'm not so sure BH was losing at that point. I DID see the NK #10 do a bit of play-acting trying to draw a penalty (unsuccessfully) though. Kids these days watching too much Premier League.

Comment

I don't know if Hendricken is any good or not, but their goal difference is jumping out at me. Also, I think their one non-league loss on their record was against Wheeler, and I think their JV played that game, for whatever that's worth. I haven't seen them play yet, but looking forward to the LaSalle game in a couple weeks.
              How was that game? Lasalle now above them in standings.

Comment

How was that game? Lasalle now above them in standings.
                Back and forth with neither team really seizing chances. 1-1 tie. Playoffs should be fun. Top 4 teams NK, LSA, BH, and I guess SK (the only one I haven't seen play yet). Although BH seems inconsistent. Tie East Prov, then next game battle LSA to a much more respectable tie, then the next game roll over and let Moses Brown tie them? Lose to Portsmouth somehow, then the next game push NK right down to the wire?

Comment

Back and forth with neither team really seizing chances. 1-1 tie. Playoffs should be fun. Top 4 teams NK, LSA, BH, and I guess SK (the only one I haven't seen play yet). Although BH seems inconsistent. Tie East Prov, then next game battle LSA to a much more respectable tie, then the next game roll over and let Moses Brown tie them? Lose to Portsmouth somehow, then the next game push NK right down to the wire?
                  Good call on that top 4!

Comment

Good call on that top 4!
                    Was a little surprised to see yesterday's result. I've never seen a game at Cranston Stadium, but I've heard the soccer setup is pretty narrow and short. Did that play a role?

Comment

NK was simply out coached. SK wanted it more and the small field played to their advantage. Put it on a normal size field and story may be different

Comment

NK was simply out coached. SK wanted it more and the small field played to their advantage. Put it on a normal size field and story may be different
                        Playing our championship game on a smaller field is ridiculous. We should play at NK or EG.

Comment

Our families first year in high school sports

What is the criteria for projo all state and all division? Is there any or just a popularity vote?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X