Rhode Island surf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are smaller goals some huge problem?

Is shooting over and around a 4'3" goalie in a bigger net better for kids' development?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

How can RI be a pathway to Nationals? On the girls side they do not have a GA or ECNL team.
      USYS not club. When club soccer split they created confusion and a bunch of $$ opportunities for making B and C team kids feel special.

Comment

All fields are too small. RI state of mind I guess? Like another poster said over reliance on smaller than regulation goals in uLittle does a disservice.
        The goal size needs to fit the field. You do have a point on the relative size though. I watched the U12 LaLiga championship, and their academy teams play 7v7 on a the same size field that we play 9v9. US soccer made the change to promote player skill development needed to play in tight spaces, but I'm not sure yet if that is helping.

Comment

Why are smaller goals some huge problem?

Is shooting over and around a 4'3" goalie in a bigger net better for kids' development?
          Small goals combined with a smaller than regulation field means your team has a game plan to both high press and then race back to clog the little goal with just a couple defenders. On a normal sized field your tikes would be substituted very quickly having to run the full field a few times, but since your field is 2/3 of the normal size you can deploy something no one else can at that age, but it’s your kids that are ultimately missing out despite the cheap thrills provided by the field. Even more amazing is not staffing a referee and having your coach make the calls. Pretty sweet deal all around unless your the visiting team.

Comment

Small goals combined with a smaller than regulation field means your team has a game plan to both high press and then race back to clog the little goal with just a couple defenders. On a normal sized field your tikes would be substituted very quickly having to run the full field a few times, but since your field is 2/3 of the normal size you can deploy something no one else can at that age, but it’s your kids that are ultimately missing out despite the cheap thrills provided by the field. Even more amazing is not staffing a referee and having your coach make the calls. Pretty sweet deal all around unless your the visiting team.
            Don't know why you assume my kids play for Surf. (They don't.)

Where are these 2/3-sized fields?

Comment

Don't know why you assume my kids play for Surf. (They don't.)

Where are these 2/3-sized fields?
              Wheeler Farm. Why respond the like they do? Field is setup for U8 but used for U9 and U10. Total joke. Someone’s going to get hit by a car chasing down a ball that went into the road that should’ve went in if the goals were regulation.

Comment

The goal size needs to fit the field. You do have a point on the relative size though. I watched the U12 LaLiga championship, and their academy teams play 7v7 on a the same size field that we play 9v9. US soccer made the change to promote player skill development needed to play in tight spaces, but I'm not sure yet if that is helping.
                Hard to develop that small space mentality if most teams like a robot and build out of the back in the same pattern. We need to syndicate better ideas and what to look for to decide what option to take.

Comment

Not just that

Easier is come to Rhode Island to get an easy path to nationals. It’s much easier to win a path than in Massachusetts.

coaches will go after the yummy mummy especially JM.
                  He’s already broken up one marriage on his team and has driven the player into a downward spiral.

Check him out he’s already married and divorced one of his college players. Divorced and is now on the prowl beware.

maybe JM has a bigger and the ex husband wasn’t pleasing the wife! Sound like an ex husband upset his ex wife getting it better in RI.

Comment

maybe JM has a bigger and the ex husband wasn’t pleasing the wife! Sound like an ex husband upset his ex wife getting it better in RI.
                    Surfs up, dude!

Comment

RI Slime!
                      I heard he's bisexual

Comment

RI Slime!
                        I heard he's bisexual
                        More stinky than Easton Beach in the dead of summer. Shut him down.

Comment

RI Slime!
                          I heard he's bisexual
                          I heard he gave it to your wife better then you. Guess that’s why you’re sulking like a little baby! Mate move on! Step dad looks good him!

Comment

Now we have scorned parents posting their personal drama on a soccer board as a means of revenge. You're just provening to everyone that you have zero emotional intelligence, self control and accountability. I'm sure the narcissist in you will find a reason to justify all of these lovely behaviors. Just don't do it here.

Comment

Not just that

Easier is come to Rhode Island to get an easy path to nationals. It’s much easier to win a path than in Massachusetts.

coaches will go after the yummy mummy especially JM.
                              He’s already broken up one marriage on his team and has driven the player into a downward spiral.

Check him out he’s already married and divorced one of his college players. Divorced and is now on the prowl beware.

This is nothing new. Just coaches abusing their power. The soccer leadership sleaze in our town does the same thing. They scope out the fields and invite the moms they like down to the clubhouse at night where their wives think they are having meetings. Starts off w a few drinks and turned into a lot more w some. The head guys wife found out and threw him out. This was about 5 years ago but I am sure it is still going on.

Comment

This is nothing new. Just coaches abusing their power. The soccer leadership sleaze in our town does the same thing. They scope out the fields and invite the moms they like down to the clubhouse at night where their wives think they are having meetings. Starts off w a few drinks and turned into a lot more w some. The head guys wife found out and threw him out. This was about 5 years ago but I am sure it is still going on.
                                You’re an idiot for keeping this BS going. People like are the problem with this site.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X