Rhode Island surf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that you referenced the Surf-Scorpions matchup in that tournament where the result didn't matter because the two teams were already determined to be playing again in the finals (two hours later). You can imagine how the teams were determining playing time in that game. Scorpions won 3-0 when both teams were putting their best foot forward. This was after Scorpions beat Bayside 5-0 the day prior.

I don't have the time to go through the rest of your examples for the other years but I can only assume you similarly cherry=picked results to make your point there also. Here's the link to the results for anyone interested:

https://system.gotsport.com/org_even...es?group=66642[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the link. Interesting that Scorpions Regional beat Bayside 1-0 and lost just 2-0 to Surf in that same tournament. By the talk on here, one would think there's a huge gulf between Surf/Bayside and ECRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I’m not the smartest person in the world...
      This we can all agree upon.

Comment

There may be some good players in that age group but don’t they use one girl for 2010 all the way to 2008. How can she be on 3 teams? DPL is another way of saying you aren’t ENCL or GA. No way would any of them be able to compete at that level and nor can those coaches coach at that level. They are just glorified middle school soccer coaches trying to make an extra buck selling premier soccer. We need some real coaches here. Guess CT or mass will be where you have to go because RI SURF is making a bad name for all.
        Again, all that was stated was that the 09 and 10 girls RI Surf team is at the top of their bracket in the league they play in. Can we agree on this, as they are both currently in 2nd place? Other than that, the rest of your comments are opinions. Yes, some players play in different age groups for different teams at their clubs. So what's your point?

Comment

All of this “Mass vs RI” and “ECNL vs the world” talk is hilarious. If you look at the current landscape of girls soccer in our area, if you are NOT willing to travel to Lancaster and play for Stars, it’s probably really not worth it. If you know the history of the ECNL and the Stars program, they will always be the top dog in our area. It was built to be that way. GA is still a strong option and NEFC and SSS have some solid teams. However, if you really do an analysis on the important age groups; 2010 to 2006 for this argument, Stars is the top dog. Also to PLAY on Stars (not just be on Stars) you need to be a top 5% player, have the means to get to Lancaster 3-4X per week and have the economic means as well. Full stop.

Next option for those parents chasing a badge (ECNL) would be Scorpions. Let’s quickly compare the in state options vs Scorpions National Teams:

2006 - CC’s Bayside team beat them twice last year. Scorps sat at home in June and the Bayside team showcased themselves at Impact Nationals.

2007 - PM’s Surf Team tied them in April with both teams missing players. Both teams added players since and seem to be similar still. The Surf Team went to DPL nationals finishing third with great exposure while the Scorps team finished mid-pack in ECNL NE conference and sat home in late June, early July.

2008 - SG’s Surf Team tied them last Spring. Teams seem very comparable. This is a case of the top 08’s being spread thin between Bayside and Surf. If they played on one team - it’s no contest (I’ll touch on that below). Again Surf went to DPL Nationals, also finishing third. Scorps were home.

2009 - CW’s team is strong at 09. They did lose to Scorps in the summer twice in close matches. The nod may go to Scorps in this one but CW is a tremendous coach and that team will fair very well if they can stay together.

2010 - LR’s Surf team was strong last year and got stronger for this season. However, RG took his whole Bayside team to Scorps. Verdicts not out on this age group yet. Nod probably goes to Scorps.

I’m not the smartest person in the world, but what I do know is you can get comparable options in state (RI) at each older age group. Each of these teams are have strong coaches.

On the teams mentioned above - the Bayside 06 team already has girls in conversations with D1 Schools. The 07 team is sophomores and won’t be able to communicate with schools until mid June, but the top girls on that team are D1 caliber.

If you’re goal is D1 powerhouse soccer school outside of our Region, you either have that or you don’t. ECNL May give you a little bit more there if you are on a top team (read stars) and that is because more of the top players gravitate to the ECNL because they have the best sales pitch right now. However, if local D1 is your desire (UCONN, BC, PC, Bryant, UNH etc) those rosters are full of girls from a collection of youth leagues. This is fact. Also D1 is not even the best option for 98% of the girls in our region. Reality check - less than 1% of your kids will play soccer for money. Instead find the college you love (regardless of D1, 2 or 3) and if they have soccer great. You can do that from any club or league as long as you have skill and a plan.

The sad reality is that D1 in most cases is really for the parents. This way they can validate all the money spent over the years chasing the ECNL dream. Ever talk to an ECNL parent? You’ll know because they lead with that. “My daughter plays ECNL” lol. Great.

Last point. Bayside and RI Surf - please heed my pleas here. You want RI to be taken seriously and compete? Put your BS aside. Have Bayside take all the boys teams in the state. They are stronger there and have a better pathway. Let RI Surf take the girls side. Again, they are stronger there and provide a better pathway today. E64 May end up being good. But looking at the early data - it’s behind DPL. Get some solid teams and get that GA pathway. Scorps won’t know what hit them.
          You’re talking about 2011 with RG, he hadn’t coach 2010 in years. 2010 Scorpions has only 1 player formally from Bayside on ECNL and 2 on ECRL.

Comment

You’re talking about 2011 with RG, he hadn’t coach 2010 in years. 2010 Scorpions has only 1 player formally from Bayside on ECNL and 2 on ECRL.
            Arguing that Surf is better because they went to DPL finals is ridiculous. My kids have done both and DPL is nowhere near the level of ECNL.

Comment

Arguing that Surf is better because they went to DPL finals is ridiculous. My kids have done both and DPL is nowhere near the level of ECNL.
              Top DPL teams in this region are very similar to bottom ECNL/GA teams from this region. Obviously, most top DPL teams are nowhere near the level of top ECNL/GA teams.

Comment

Top DPL teams in this region are very similar to bottom ECNL/GA teams from this region. Obviously, most top DPL teams are nowhere near the level of top ECNL/GA teams.
                Not sure about that but if true it’s only at young age. Difference is ECNL teams get better each year as families of talented players chase the ECNL badge. How are Surf teams getting better because no one is going to Surf that can play in better GA or ECNL leagues

Comment

Not sure about that but if true it’s only at young age. Difference is ECNL teams get better each year as families of talented players chase the ECNL badge. How are Surf teams getting better because no one is going to Surf that can play in better GA or ECNL leagues
                  So, what you are saying is that u12 - u15 they are comparable but not at u16 - u18? Why? Do you think that miraculously 3 or 4 superstars join each of those bottom ECNL/GA teams to make them pull light years ahead of the top DPL teams? There is only so much talent to go around. Many talented DPL players do not chase GA/ECNL for a variety of reasons. My point is if you are top of the pack in DPL, your team would be competitive and possibly win vs lower level ECNL/GA. ECNL/GA players that come off the bench and are not starters, many DPL players could take their spot and it would not make those ECNL/GA teams any weaker

Comment

So, what you are saying is that u12 - u15 they are comparable but not at u16 - u18? Why? Do you think that miraculously 3 or 4 superstars join each of those bottom ECNL/GA teams to make them pull light years ahead of the top DPL teams? There is only so much talent to go around. Many talented DPL players do not chase GA/ECNL for a variety of reasons. My point is if you are top of the pack in DPL, your team would be competitive and possibly win vs lower level ECNL/GA. ECNL/GA players that come off the bench and are not starters, many DPL players could take their spot and it would not make those ECNL/GA teams any weaker
                    That’s exactly what I’m saying. At young ages it isn’t as important to be in the ECNL/GA if you want to play in college. That changes as the kids hit u15-u16. Look at how many players NEFC, SSS, Stars and Scorpions picked up at u15-u17 this year. Most of them were top 1-2 from their NPL/DPL teams. ECNL/GA typically don’t pick up bench players at these age groups, only kids that can start. No way RI DPL or NPL or Elite 64 teams for that matter can compete.

Comment

I guarantee that your kid never played at DPL nationals against the top DPL teams in the country.

Comment

yes. Lower level ECNL like Scorpions. You are making my point.

Comment

I guarantee that your kid never played at DPL nationals against the top DPL teams in the country.
                          Good luck RI surf. You added more DPL to your age groups to try and show that you are the best, but can’t wait to see what happens and how many more leave the organization because of disappointment and wasting money.

Comment

Do RI Surf only post pictures of teams who won games on social media every Sunday?

Comment

Do RI Surf only post pictures of teams who won games on social media every Sunday?
                              Rough weekend huh?

Comment

Good luck RI surf. You added more DPL to your age groups to try and show that you are the best, but can’t wait to see what happens and how many more leave the organization because of disappointment and wasting money.
                                OK there E64 Parent/Coach, enjoy you four hour drives to either win 8-0 or lose 0-8.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X