Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Have Fun

I’m sure most players dream of playing soccer in college and professionally, but the reality is that less than 2% of the players that play soccer in high school will play in college at some level and of that 2% that play in college less than 1% will play professionally. There are sites that will give you the small percentage that go from high school soccer straight to pro. See site below also for scholarship stats and other stats. Let’s not even go into a professional soccer players average salaries.

https://scholarshipstats.com/soccer

Before worrying about competing with the Joneses spending family vacation money on elite/premier/academy programs that we get sucked into to play, promised things to switch and once they have you they are on to find the next player which could be to replace the one that was just added. Yes it's a business so sure I get that. The best thing we can do is make sure they are progressing and growing as players and most important of all is that they are having FUN. Isn’t that what it's truly all about?

With that said not looking for the negative views of US soccer it's been truly wonderful to see how the sport has taken off since the 1994 World Cup with more and more teams, players, opportunities, and fans of the sport. Before then you rarely saw a match on tv let and now Champions League games are live on CBS. How wonderful is that.

Never blow out a candle on a dream. If a 12 year old player goal is to play in college and pro's. Let them train and put in the work. You never know who will be the next great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I’m sure most players dream of playing soccer in college and professionally, but the reality is that less than 2% of the players that play soccer in high school will play in college at some level and of that 2% that play in college less than 1% will play professionally. There are sites that will give you the small percentage that go from high school soccer straight to pro. See site below also for scholarship stats and other stats. Let’s not even go into a professional soccer players average salaries.

https://scholarshipstats.com/soccer

Before worrying about competing with the Joneses spending family vacation money on elite/premier/academy programs that we get sucked into to play, promised things to switch and once they have you they are on to find the next player which could be to replace the one that was just added. Yes it's a business so sure I get that. The best thing we can do is make sure they are progressing and growing as players and most important of all is that they are having FUN. Isn’t that what it's truly all about?

With that said not looking for the negative views of US soccer it's been truly wonderful to see how the sport has taken off since the 1994 World Cup with more and more teams, players, opportunities, and fans of the sport. Before then you rarely saw a match on tv let and now Champions League games are live on CBS. How wonderful is that.
      If my little **** 8 year old son who I've dumped at least $75k in for training already doesn't make D1 I'm gonna be PISSED

Comment

If my little **** 8 year old son who I've dumped at least $75k in for training already doesn't make D1 I'm gonna be PISSED
        If you at Surf then you are living a lie with your futsal sized goals and U6-sized field at Wheeler Farm. Got to be a huge eye opener when you go to a regulation U8 field. What a joke.

Comment

If you at Surf then you are living a lie with your futsal sized goals and U6-sized field at Wheeler Farm. Got to be a huge eye opener when you go to a regulation U8 field. What a joke.
          On here chest-thumping about U8. Oh, my sides. You're killing me...

Comment

On here chest-thumping about U8. Oh, my sides. You're killing me...
            No thumping here. Fix the field it’s a joke. Your club and anyone playing you deserved better.

Comment

My little bas-tard child may be 8, but he's playing U16 you tool. Up to $175k in training now you think he's playing with his own age? He's playing 11 v 11 on fields BIGGER than regulation, you pleb. Wheeler School LOL He only plays on real diamonds, Porter. You and you crap club ain't good enough to lick the dirt off his cleats.

Comment

My little bas-tard child may be 8, but he's playing U16 you tool. Up to $175k in training now you think he's playing with his own age? He's playing 11 v 11 on fields BIGGER than regulation, you pleb. Wheeler School LOL He only plays on real diamonds, Porter. You and you crap club ain't good enough to lick the dirt off his cleats.
                Umm not sure why I’m responding because there’s no way you are playing that far up. Even Gio Reyna only played up 2 years. See you this spring in U8 on your ****ty Wheeler field.

Comment

Umm not sure why I’m responding because there’s no way you are playing that far up. Even Gio Reyna only played up 2 years. See you this spring in U8 on your ****ty Wheeler field.
                  You aren't very bright.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X