Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06-07 boys needed for CLP

Cumberland Lusitana Premier is looking for some players to fill out their roster. If your son or someone you know is interested in playing, please reply back for more information.

They are not a premier club. Towns should stop advertising as if it is a "premier" club, it's misleading the uninformed. CLP should be playing in Super Liga, not necsl. This is what happens when you have a strong town club that does well in Super Liga for years, then you attempt to take them to the next level. You won't have enough players, which is evident by the OP starting this thread, seemingly willing to accept any player willing to pay the $. Why would mediocre players want to pay more money, travel farther, to basically play in bottom divisions, against other mediocre teams. There is plenty of good competition in RISL, without the need for the $ and travel.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, but I am just a coach looking for players for a team that happens to be named CLP. I didn't make any decisions here. I am originally from Lusitana, the clubs merged and some of the players left so, yes, just looking to fill with players that maybe didn't make other teams. The cost is half of what those other clubs are and frankly you'll get the same training and experiences. CLP doesn't try to sell more than they are and everyone has a right to choose which level they want. If you know so much, you know that even the big clubs that charge you much more take more players than they should, form 2-3 teams and have mediocre teams themselves at a $3000 clip... teams, in many cases, that these smaller clubs excel against. Oh, and the majority of the players even at these clubs stop showing up to practices after they reach a certain age and stop playing after high school - trust me, I've been a part of it. You do you and what is right for your child - interesting you actually cared enough to try to detract others. It's people like you that make it so satisfying when the smaller clubs beat the bigger clubs.

Comment

And we don't just add players that pay the money. We do hold tryouts and sometimes players don't make teams just like other clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          And we don't just add players that pay the money. We do hold tryouts and sometimes players don't make teams just like other clubs.
          Are these the Cumberland teams that play lower level Superliga for the win? Gloat and feel good about it with teams made up of 50% of players outside Cumberland?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Are these the Cumberland teams that play lower level Superliga for the win? Gloat and feel good about it with teams made up of 50% of players outside Cumberland?
            nope.

Comment

CLP is a disaster, and why would any parent put their child in this program. Training sessions are a horrible with a bunch of parents that know nothing about the game. I took my child to another club.
              Typical culture in this country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X