Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Delco ECNL is a joke!

They promise kids they will train with the MLSNext team just to get them to sign. It never happens and they are stuck on a mediocre ECNL team that can't win a game. Prove me wrong.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They promise kids they will train with the MLSNext team just to get them to sign. It never happens and they are stuck on a mediocre ECNL team that can't win a game. Prove me wrong.
    Why would they bring down the quality of a better team by constantly trying to integrate practices with a weak team? It doesn't make sense and anyone that fell for that is stupid. If they did ever do hat the MLSn players would be the ones wking. How would you feel if they integrated your practices with the year down C team? Would be great for them but your practices would then suck. How have we become so soft? Want to practice with the MLSn team? Tell your kid to work harder, get better, and make THAT squad next year. Walk away.

Comment

Yup, that is exactly what they told my son. Invited him to try out for the MLS and then offered ECNL but would practice with the MLS. I was warned this was the case so we passed.

Comment

Boys have a better chance to make MLS Next if they work hard and prove it on the ECNL team. Delco wants to see some loyalty and players who take on challenges not soft kids and parents that stomp away because they didn't get what they wanted. The training is also excellent. Very impressed with the level of coaches at this club.

Comment

t's not about loyalty, it's about deceptive recruiting. The ECNL boys did not have 1 practice with the MLS team....not....a...single...one. We were told they would be practicing with them at least monthly. All Lies.

Comment

LOL people believing anything soccer coaches say. They know you are all suckers chasing a carrot. That's why they do it. You are all easy marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              t's not about loyalty, it's about deceptive recruiting. The ECNL boys did not have 1 practice with the MLS team....not....a...single...one. We were told they would be practicing with them at least monthly. All Lies.
              Maybe your kid wasn't good enough to earn training with the MLS next team. Our daughter plays on the ECNL team and we have seen multiple ECRL girls train with our ECNL team. You child needs to earn the opportunity to train with the better teams.

Comment

Maybe your kid wasn't good enough to earn training with the MLS next team. Our daughter plays on the ECNL team and we have seen multiple ECRL girls train with our ECNL team. You child needs to earn the opportunity to train with the better teams.
                Nope, all of the players on our ECNL were given the same BS promise and none of them trained with MLS. Nice try though, pal.

Comment

Boys have a better chance to make MLS Next if they work hard and prove it on the ECNL team. Delco wants to see some loyalty and players who take on challenges not soft kids and parents that stomp away because they didn't get what they wanted. The training is also excellent. Very impressed with the level of coaches at this club.
                  Great post coach, maybe you should spend more time with your players than on these boards, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    3 ECNL players from the 2007 Boys age group were brought up to the MLS Next team all within the past year.

Proved wrong

Comment

6v6ng
                      Nope, all of the players on our ECNL were given the same BS promise and none of them trained with MLS. Nice try though, pal.
                      I'm pretty sure none of the Black teams have had a chance to practice or scrimmage with any the ECNL teams and that's something that was said would happen. I know they have practiced with them at times last year and the year before. I don't disagree with the idea of working hard to earn the right to get a look with a higher team but it's a bit annoying when you've been told a team would do something and it doesn't happen especially in a club who preaches about it's "pathway". It's definitely frustrating when you watch practices and can see some players who could really use more time playing 11v11 instead of 6v6 or 5v5 so they can better understand their roles during a match on a full size field and you know there are a other teams practicing at the same time available for a scrimmage.

Comment

On the girls side they'll have ecnl teams scrimmage each other and RL teams scrimmage each other but very, very rarely do they have ecnl v RL. I understand this to a degree but it also builds a division within the club and makes it much harder to jump from RL to ecnl. They will have 1 or 2 RL girls training with the ecnl on occasion. I've seen a few RL girls come to ecnl training and just look out of place- not because they aren't skilled enough but because they are intimidated- probably because there is such a division between the two teams. SJEB used to do a great job of technical training all the kids in an age group together- this breaks down the stigma of A B C teams and makes the jump seem more attainable.
                        I don't think Delco has any issue with promoting from within but they could probably do a better job making it more attainable.

Comment

Here's the problem with training A and B together, at least while teams- coaches only have so much time with their teams each week and have to make the most of it. For most A team players they're not getting much playing against most B team players. Yes there's overlap bottom A and Top B, but think about the gap top A starters vs B team bench warmers. Putting the teams together is great for B team players- more challenging- but not really the other way around.

Now, in theory the players who are really improving and working hard do deserve a shot at A. But that means you need to demote an A player, even if its just for a week. A club that fosters growth and development and a little competition will have the balls to do that because you k ow parents will get pissy about it. There aren't many clubs that want to deal with that so once you're in a team silo movement is tough. Plus, more times than not a topB player isn't going to be an A team starter so again, clubs avoid the blowback altogether by just not doing it. They add players that will be big contributors, either from inside or outside

Comment

I'm pretty sure none of the Black teams have had a chance to practice or scrimmage with any the ECNL teams and that's something that was said would happen. I know they have practiced with them at times last year and the year before. I don't disagree with the idea of working hard to earn the right to get a look with a higher team but it's a bit annoying when you've been told a team would do something and it doesn't happen especially in a club who preaches about it's "pathway". It's definitely frustrating when you watch practices and can see some players who could really use more time playing 11v11 instead of 6v6 or 5v5 so they can better understand their roles during a match on a full size field and you know there are a other teams practicing at the same time available for a scrimmage.
                            5v5 training is all I ever see at Delco. Just too many teams and little room to get more than a 1/4 of a field.

Comment

On the girls side they'll have ecnl teams scrimmage each other and RL teams scrimmage each other but very, very rarely do they have ecnl v RL. I understand this to a degree but it also builds a division within the club and makes it much harder to jump from RL to ecnl. They will have 1 or 2 RL girls training with the ecnl on occasion. I've seen a few RL girls come to ecnl training and just look out of place- not because they aren't skilled enough but because they are intimidated- probably because there is such a division between the two teams. SJEB used to do a great job of technical training all the kids in an age group together- this breaks down the stigma of A B C teams and makes the jump seem more attainable.
                              I don't think Delco has any issue with promoting from within but they could probably do a better job making it more attainable.
                              I agree with you. I remember email Delco we were interested and they invite my kid to train with their ECNL kids. It was all business but kind of awkward. My kid got the cold shoulder from every player. Afterward I had to tell my kid these kids probably have several players per week show up and each one is a threat to take their spot. It’s a whole different mindset.

I think the division between Black and ECNL/R teams might be even bigger. The Black teams don’t even seem to practice on the same fields as the higher teams. The Black players don’t even get a chance to see how much better the higher teams are let alone get to practice against them.

Moving up has to at least seem attainable if they want to keep the Black players. The Conshy 08-06 boys all had kids leave and 06s lost enough they folded. That really sucks for the kids who really want to get better and come to Delco in hopes of being around other kids who are trying to do the same instead of being on teams with kids who only go through the motions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X