Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Villanova SA

Is this a new club? What is the back story? Looks like they only have 3 teams? Boys only?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this a new club? What is the back story? Looks like they only have 3 teams? Boys only?
    It is the younger Union Jrs, so yes, all boys

Comment

Apparently adding 2010 and 2012 boys teams this Fall.

Comment

It is the younger Union Jrs, so yes, all boys
        So are they affiliated with the Union?

Comment

So are they affiliated with the Union?
          Kind of .... They get to mention them on their social media sites and will lose a top player here and there to them every other year keeping their own quality down. They do not benefit from coaching, fields or in any way.

Comment

Kind of .... They get to mention them on their social media sites and will lose a top player here and there to them every other year keeping their own quality down. They do not benefit from coaching, fields or in any way.
            I think the 08 team dissolved this year.

Comment

Coaching and fields are most important part. So just another badge or shirt it seems.

Comment

You really shouldn't comment if you don't know what you are talking about. That team has been together for years. I know several of their players and parents and the team gets top notch coaching.

Comment

You really shouldn't comment if you don't know what you are talking about. That team has been together for years. I know several of their players and parents and the team gets top notch coaching.
                  Hahahaha..just found this funny. Most of the posts on here any many digital media that allows for comments or posting seem to come from those that have no factual basis. This includes our news.

Welcome to the world of figure it out. Propaganda snd misinformation everywhere. You, the reader, have to do your own legwork.

Comment

Started with 2007s that were released by the union junior program when they were u12. Added a few key non union players. Players range from bucks County to Pottstown to west chester. Equivalent to very good ECNL team or mediocre academy (they've beaten academy teams in past). They used the 1776 banner at first but were not really part of 76. It was just an arrangement as they had to have some club sponsorship. Recently decided to start their own club (VSA). I think only a few teams. Sort of a boutique club. They have had kids promoted to NE Revolution, Red Bulls and Union.

Comment

I believe I’ve seen them practicing at the Proven Grounds. That 07 team was ranked #1 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                        I believe I’ve seen them practicing at the Proven Grounds. That 07 team was ranked #1 last year.
                        Correct. They use proving grounds, Shipley and occasionally a 1776 field in chester for some games. 2007 is their flagship team (and for awhile their only team) and was basically hand crafted with kids who left union but didn't see the value in going back to their original clubs. Not sure that model is scalable or recreatable into a full sized club. It's a unique boutique sort of situation.

Comment

A 'boutique' club? Heard it all now...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X