X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

“Best teams?”
    Radnor and Stoga may not have had the top spot in central league standings (radnor#2, Stoga #4).but can you really claim there were better teams if they won when it counted?
    Lower Merion beat both of them, so yeah.

Comment

Lower Merion beat both of them, so yeah.
      But they lost to a donkey team (neshaminy) with a daddy coach in 1st round

Comment

So I'm the OP of this thread and was pleasantly surprised about the HS season. First and foremost, my daughter enjoyed this season probably more than any other since being a u10. I think it was mostly due to being a freshman and getting a chance to play with older girls. Also the comradery and team bonding was great. The level of play was about as expected- top teams look pretty good but not even Stoga looked like an ECNL team. The style of play isn't the same- which is fine.
        I used to side with the GA way of thinking in regards to HS soccer.. Why play a crammed schedule, subpar coaching and level of play when you can stay with your club all year. I've completely changed my mind on that and see the value of the HS experience. That being said her HS team did well this year, if she was on a really bad team it might be a different story.. still, the confidence and bonding she gained from it was different than anything she got from her club experience so far. For what it's worth I give the HS soccer experience my approval.

Comment

So I'm the OP of this thread and was pleasantly surprised about the HS season. First and foremost, my daughter enjoyed this season probably more than any other since being a u10. I think it was mostly due to being a freshman and getting a chance to play with older girls. Also the comradery and team bonding was great. The level of play was about as expected- top teams look pretty good but not even Stoga looked like an ECNL team. The style of play isn't the same- which is fine.
          I used to side with the GA way of thinking in regards to HS soccer.. Why play a crammed schedule, subpar coaching and level of play when you can stay with your club all year. I've completely changed my mind on that and see the value of the HS experience. That being said her HS team did well this year, if she was on a really bad team it might be a different story.. still, the confidence and bonding she gained from it was different than anything she got from her club experience so far. For what it's worth I give the HS soccer experience my approval.
          Well said and I completely agree - I feel bad for anybody who chooses to miss out on the HS soccer experience.

Comment

Who are the teams to beat in 2022?

Comment

Who are the teams to beat in 2022?
              Who cares. It’s high school soccer.

Comment

I would think the kids care. After all, it's for them right? To have fun at school with their friends?

Comment

I would think the kids care. After all, it's for them right? To have fun at school with their friends?
                  Exactly so why are you asking as an adult on here to stir the pot?

Comment

Exactly so why are you asking as an adult on here to stir the pot?
                    Bit early to be drinking that much!

Comment

Central League- Stoga will be tops, LM and Radnor are losing key players and will take a dip.. Springfield will improve and Haverford look to have their best team in years.
                      My predictions:
                      Stoga
                      Haverford
                      LM
                      Radnor
                      Springfield
                      Harriton
                      Strath Haven (didn't they start 6 Freshmen starters last year?)
                      the rest

Comment

Central League- Stoga will be tops, LM and Radnor are losing key players and will take a dip.. Springfield will improve and Haverford look to have their best team in years.
                        My predictions:
                        Stoga
                        Haverford
                        LM
                        Radnor
                        Springfield
                        Harriton
                        Strath Haven (didn't they start 6 Freshmen starters last year?)
                        the rest
                        just wait for the Pennridge folk...........

Comment

just wait for the Pennridge folk...........
                          They are in Suburban One not Central League

Comment

They are in Suburban One not Central League
                            SOL Patriot
                            Neshaminy
                            Pennsburry
                            CR South
                            the rest

SOL Continental
                            Pennridge
                            CB West
                            CB East
                            the rest

SOL Freedom
                            Abington
                            Hatboro Horsham
                            Wissahickon
                            Upper Dublin
                            the rest

SOL Liberty
                            Lower Morehead
                            the rest

Comment

The private schools have all the talent.

Comment

The private schools have all the talent.
                                That's funny. Did VJM beat any good public schools last year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X